[2.1.1d] 2H Essence Drain Build

Hi everybody, I haven't seen any Essence Drain builds out there that use a staff as their main weapon so I decided to post my own build here to give an option to the players that want something else than Bino's or Consuming Dark.

+ VS -

Pro's

=>High Damage
=>Good Defenses
=>No Reflect
=>Will kill mobs outside of the screen
=>Can kill Atziri
=>Damage scales with investment and can have a considerably low initial investment
=>Doesn't require any special unique

Con's

=>Low Cast speed
=>No Whriling Blades
=>No movement skill avaliable for constant use

Skilltree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAx4D7gceCGcOSA-rES8RlhNtFAkVUBW4Fr8YPBhWGGoZihqPG8gc3B2-HxgfQSSLJogmlSj6KwotqDOHNZI2PTpYPC1Bh0WdSRNJUVH7Uq9TUlXGWAdcQF3yXsBfsGHiYqxn_GyMb551nnaCeC97w3zlgseDCYNfg8yExYfLiFqJ4I8aj0aP-pMfkzqVLprgm12boZu1naqgQqcIp5uomqyYrUqxkLTRtUi3MLc-t9a4k7tNvSe-gMM6yAzKSs0WzxXP3di921ndX-ZY62Pr7vDV8YryRfKX9tr31_no-wn-Cv6P

The skilltree is the one used by my lvl 92 ED caster, The reason I tried to take the nearby jewel sockets is because a 3 damage sockets are usually better than most 3 nodes that I could get and in average 2x 3 damage jewels for 3 points each increase my damage more than 6 nearby damage nodes.

Gearing

Here I am highly unsure which one is better Evasion/Armour/Hybrid as I have tried both and they seemed fairly similar.
The desired stats will be in order or importance.

=>Staff(core of the build): +1/+2 to chaos gems, Spell Damage, Mana regen, Cast speed.

=>Helmet: Life, RES, AR/Eva.

=>Belt: Life, RES, AR, (corrupt +radius of area skill).

=>Rings: Life, Mana Regen, Mana, Res.

=> Amulet:Life, Mana Regen, Spell Damage, Mana, Res, Cast speed.
=> Decent bases are: Paua Amulet, Chrysalis Talisman, Deadhand Talisman, Rotfeather Talisman and (Monkey Twins Talisman, maybe?) also a Greatwolf Talisman with 2 of those above mentioned talisman prefixes would be perfect. A +1 Curse amulet is also really good if you can afford one with not useless mods on it.

=>Chest: Life, Res, Ar/Eva.
=> Carcass Jack is a really good unique option.

=>Gloves: Life, Res, AR/Eva.
=>Winds of Change is a good option for higher damage and projectile speed- but you loose movement speed.

=>Boots: Life, Movement Speed, Res, Ar/Eva
=> Atziri's Step is a decent choice for the Evasion oriented but it makes capping res nearly impossible.

--> Should you decide to go with Carcass, Wind of change and Atziri's Step you will need good resists on helm, belt and some on the rings.
My gear

Links

Staff= ED + Rapid Decay + Controlled Destruction + Slower projectiles + Empower + Void manipulation (against HARD bosses replace Void Manipulation for Poison).
-5L- Remove Void Manipulation

Chest= 6L (Enlighten, Enhance, Vulnerability, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains,Temporal chains, Blasphemy)
-This is your survivability boost setup and helps deals 33%+/- increased damage to monsters (more modifier)

Gloves:
-Contagion- Increased Area of Effect, Faster Casting, Enhance(Enhance lvl 4 will increase your AoE by 12% on a +1 gloves it will be 16%, with this you can drop all/most aoe nodes on tree!)

-Boots- Wither, Spell totem, Faster Duration, Faster Casting.

-Helmet- You are pretty much free here, some possibilities are:
-Blood magic, Clarity, Flame golem, Blood rage.
-Increased Duration, Cast on dmg taken, Immortal Call, Flame golem.

Offensive Stats

Usually= 59954.8 degen
With Charges= 67222 degen
With charges and Righteous fire= 108984 Degen(with my full support friend)
On a 5L without Void Manipulation= 42080,5 degen

Spoiler

Life= 4111
Amour=1934
Evasion=1774
mana regen without clarity: 102,8
Life Regen 131,6

Last edited by RLSNS on Feb 21, 2016, 12:50:04 AM
reserved
Any video available? I'd like to see this build, sounds like fun!
I like the fact that you are doing something slightly different! On the note of movement skills...you can use leap slam as your movement skill correct? Level 1 Leap slam, Faster Attacks, Fortify for the heck of it for some extra mitigation.
"
SlashaLO wrote:
I like the fact that you are doing something slightly different! On the note of movement skills...you can use leap slam as your movement skill correct? Level 1 Leap slam, Faster Attacks, Fortify for the heck of it for some extra mitigation.

I feel the attack speed is quite low and since I played SrS before I am used to running arround also for some reason I am already low on sockets but it wouldn't be a bad idea
"
MrLightning wrote:
Any video available? I'd like to see this build, sounds like fun!

sorry there are no videos, I am currently playing this build with 16 FPS and it didn't disappoint me I was even able to kill atziri without much worry
Bumping for attention

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info