[2.1] Talisman Lightning strike BoR non crit budget duelist.

Build overview

If you ever wanted to know what it felt like to be a Norse God cosplaying as a Roman gladiator then this is the build for you!

Call down the wrath of heaven with this easy to play noob friendly build!

The build is a hybrid ranged/melee build. It's pretty tanky and has good clear speed and single target damage.

Gear
Spoiler

I am using BoR since it's super cheap at the moment and saves me spending a fortune on a 5/6 linked chest piece. It has such great stats for the build (block/endurance charges/blind/extra gore) that it's hard to justify switching it out and taking a chest piece.

My weapon cost me 1ex (probably worth a little less) but swords like this are really cheap because no one wants them. The shield was a steal at only 5 chaos but you might find similar for 10/15 chaos

Gloves and boots cost me a few chaos each, I luckily found the belt recently and crafted the ele damage.

Rings/talisman are all self found and need updating.

Skills
Spoiler

In helm - Lightning strike + multi strike + added fire damage + weapon elemental damage

Other skills

Hatred + herald of ash

Vengeance + reckoning (can use endurance charge on melee stun but I find BoR generates enough alone)

Cast when damage taken + immortal call + frenzy + molten shield (I have 5 frenzy charges from the tree and bandits and find that using this skill set up ensures I am almost always at 5 charges)

Cast when damage taken + tempest shield (the lower the level the better, you want it to proc as soon as you take damage and stay up all the time since it gives an extra 3% block)

Whirling blades + fortify (best movement skill in the game and helps you tank if you use it to proc fortify)

Passive tree
Spoiler

Current tree (lvl 87) - updated
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecFLQhJDPcNjRDwFCAUTRRxFewYkRo-GlUbqiFgI9MoKimlLIUvzDboPfxAoEMxRrdHfkp9TP9OKlBHVuhXVFhjWhpbr18_YSFhUmLsYxdlTWegbyd07XTxdqx5OXrvfNl-4oE6ggeE2YTvhVKGYId2iO2Ks4rwi0-Mz49gk6iXeZpqm2qezacwqZWsr62Nsty2irkdvJ-9Nr6nwL_BB8GCxILKkM9-0iHTb9d-2WHZfNrB3Q3gleHv45_kUelG6dXqGO567w7yQfJa9kj3MvoY_Es=?accountName=silverbackjack&characterName=RingerOfBrain

80 points
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecEhwUtDPcUIBRNFewYkRo-IWAj0ygqKaUvzDJOOlI9_ECgQzFGt0d-TP9OKlBHV1RYY14TXz9hUmLsZU1ul28ndO108XaseTl6737ihNmE74VShmCKs4tPjM-PYI-Zk6iXeZkrmmqbap7Nn8unMKmVrK-tjbaKuR28n702vYG-p8C_wYLKkM9-02_ZYdrB5FHp1e8O707ynPZI9778Sw==?accountName=silverbackjack&characterName=RingerOfBrain

49 points
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAecEhwUtDPcUTRXsGJEj0y_MMk46UkCgQzFGt0d-TP9OKldUXhNhUmLsZU1vJ3Tteu-E2YTvhmCKs49gj5mTqJkrmmqplayvtoq5HbyfvTa9gb6nwL_BgsqQ02_awe9O_Es=?accountName=silverbackjack&characterName=RingerOfBrain

Build stats
Spoiler

Defense

Offense

Unbuffed

With hatred plus herald of ash

With frenzy charges and blood rage

Gameplay

Dark forest double boss two exiles
https://youtu.be/_BY4yisGCHc

Temp chains, attack/cast/move speed, add cold damage Orchard (with very risky boss kill)
https://youtu.be/ZV2khBVMKsM

Academy after updating tree (focusing more physical and less melee physical)

https://youtu.be/BU8jBWNU7pQ
[ºµº] oh boy here I go killing again
Last edited by silverbackjack on Jan 18, 2016, 4:45:20 PM
Nice build, I run something similar in dual wield form. If I can make one suggestion it would be to not take unwavering stance as it renders the blind from BoR useless.
"
Artimus wrote:
Nice build, I run something similar in dual wield form. If I can make one suggestion it would be to not take unwavering stance as it renders the blind from BoR useless.

That's something I hadn't taken into consideration but I really hate being stunned, there's nothing more annoying. I may test this out
Have you tried LS linked to Chain and PPAD? The tooltip doesn't display for the projectiles, so PPAD won't improve it, but it's a More multiplier to the source of all your damage, and the clear speed with chain + HoA seems great for a similar build I've been putting together. I'd consider dropping Multistrike & Added Fire for it.
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Jan 13, 2016, 5:23:47 PM
"
ProudLikeAGod wrote:
Have you tried LS linked to Chain and PPAD? The tooltip doesn't display for the projectiles, so PPAD won't improve it, but it's a More multiplier to the source of all your damage, and the clear speed with chain + HoA seems great for a similar build I've been putting together. I'd consider dropping Multistrike & Added Fire for it.

I theory it sounds good for clear speed but the drop in damage is huge, your single target will be terrible. If you wanna see the projectile dps just reduce the dps by 25%, it's something in the region of 32k (no maths here just a guess) with buffs
That's not accounting for all the melee physical you have that isn't applied to the projectiles.
I still suspect PPAD would benefit you.
But then I posted before realising you don't have a single target skill. I've trying to find the best one for my setup, seems Static Strike wins atm.
I found you can get ~40% spell block if instead of the Bringer, you go with a Stone of Laz and a Great Old One's Ward.
Was your armour stat with a flask, and what's your life pool?
Last edited by ProudLikeAGod on Jan 13, 2016, 6:04:19 PM
"
ProudLikeAGod wrote:
That's not accounting for all the melee physical you have that isn't applied to the projectiles.
I still suspect PPAD would benefit you.
But then I posted before realising you don't have a single target skill. I've trying to find the best one for my setup, seems Static Strike wins atm.
I found you can get ~40% spell block if instead of the Bringer, you go with a Stone of Laz and a Great Old One's Ward.
Was your armour stat with a flask, and what's your life pool?

My armor is without a flask and my pool is only 4.5k atm since I am missing life on lots of my gear, I expect it will be over 5k with proper gear. I trialed spell block for a while and didn't find it to be all that good since I lose a lot of health and resistances without my current shield
"
"
Artimus wrote:

That's something I hadn't taken into consideration but I really hate being stunned, there's nothing more annoying. I may test this out

Do you get stunned often? I leap slam like crazy and I only get stunned once in a while. Also, you should get resolute technique because 81% to hit is not good. Your DPS will go up and you won't get stunned as often because you will be killing faster.
Updated build. Now taking less life steal, melee physical damage and taking resolute technique plus new gameplay video
i am a new player so was wondering, how do you keep up the mana for lightning strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info