Fireball + Pierce + Chain ?

Hey,

if fireball pierce an enemy, can this one fireball chain to other mobs, if I link fireball with pierce and chain gems or it just work, when the fireball doen't pierce ?

Greets

Stay safe. :)
Hi there!

If Fireball pierces successfully, it will not be able to chain. The chain mechanic will only engage after what would usually be the end of the projectile's path (in other words, a non piercing hit).

Additional info on Chain can be found here.

I hope this helps!
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
Thanks for help :)

What do you prefer ?
Fireball + Chain or Fireball + Pierce ?
"
most1010 wrote:

What do you prefer ?

If you really want to capitalize on what Fireball has to offer, increase the blast radius, increase the chance to ignite, and stack burning damage and spell/elemental damage. You see, whatever modifiers you have for spell/elemental damage are additive, and then the increases to burning damage apply to that total spell/elemental damage with other modifiers. Combine this with a good sized area and the increased chance to realize that burning damage with ignite and it gets hot! Now you're cooking with gas, buddy!
Right, I've seen fireballs with multiple rolling flames jewels firsthand, pretty ridiculous. I reckon that's the way to go if you want a fireball build these days, multiprojectiles and a lot of AoE.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks for your great answers, I will try exactly this what you prefer for fireball. :)

Have a nice day.
"
Ladderjack wrote:
"
most1010 wrote:

What do you prefer ?

If you really want to capitalize on what Fireball has to offer, increase the blast radius, increase the chance to ignite, and stack burning damage and spell/elemental damage. You see, whatever modifiers you have for spell/elemental damage are additive, and then the increases to burning damage apply to that total spell/elemental damage with other modifiers. Combine this with a good sized area and the increased chance to realize that burning damage with ignite and it gets hot! Now you're cooking with gas, buddy!

Unfortunately spell damage doesn't directly increase ignite damage :(
"
Cerest wrote:
"
Ladderjack wrote:
"
most1010 wrote:

What do you prefer ?

Unfortunately spell damage doesn't directly increase ignite damage :(

The spell damage increases the base fire damage, which is what the ignite damage is based on. I guess that wasn't clear?
Ladderjack: there's a double dip interaction with burning damage. Cerest inferred that that's what you were referring to with the bolded part. Fire and elemental bonuses get this double dipping but spell bonuses do not.

In case you missed it and we're wondering, elemental and fire damage increase both the initial hit and the Ignite DoT. So 10% increased fire damage ends up being, for example, 21% more burning damage than before, when you have no other increases (in other cases it depends on ratio of existing burning damage increase vs existing hit damage increase, but has similar effect of applying +10% and then another +10%). Spell damage would only apply to initial hit and not DoT (so just one +10%)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 25, 2016, 10:35:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info