[2.2] Jinholic's Corrupted Energy Frost Blades Deadeye Ranger Build Guide for HC&SC

Build Guide Video:

2.2 Update: Not much changed just pick what Ascendancy you want, though I feel Deadeye is best Raider could also work. The crit version is Assassin but I only have that tree up because it was requested. I still think Ranger is the best class for this build atm.

Hello everyone!

I haven't seen a guide up for a CE build so I thought I'd do it myself. I'm currently level 83 in Hardcore Talisman.

Corrupted Energy lets us go full hybrid but like MoM cuts down on spike phys and chaos damage hits.

The best part about Hybrid is the fact that we can get to a total of over 8k with only 125% max life and 111% max es(not including es from int).

We sustain both life and energy shield at once with life gain on hit and Vaal Pact with Ghost Reaver. This isn't the only way to keep both up at once but simply the way I choose to.

Life gain on hit comes from the implicit on claws and poacher's mark.

Leech is gained both on the tree jewels and jewelery.

Skill:
I use Frost Blades if you want you can use Lightning Strike I'm not going to stop you.

Frost Blades has an increased melee range that when a mob is hit it fires out projectiles that have a semi-lock on to them.

To scale Frost Blades or any projectile melee skill we want increased Projectile, Physical, Weapon(claw/dagger), Physical with one handed melee weapons and Physical while holding a Shield damage.

Melee damage and Melee damage while holding a Shield will not increase our damage.

Note:
The tooltip for most skills is wrong melee projectile skills only show what your melee hit is doing.

Tree:

Non-crit

Crit

The build is very flexible you can pick up more hp or es if you want grab more proj dmg and while I didn't go crit just to see if it was viable you can go crit if you want.

Leveling:
While leveling if in HC I used a 2h sword and just path throw all the hp nodes. You can make the change to claws at any point I leveled in Tempest HC as claws and it was fine. That said this league I switched at 68 when I could put on

its a great starter claw for 1-2c.

Classes:

Ranger Best start atm for hc as shadow doesn't get hp or es in his first few nodes. Can also go glass canon for softcore leagues though.

For an Ascendancy class I go Deadeye for the free chain and Farshot.

Shadow Good for starting crit thats about it atm.

For a subclass just go Assassin for crit.

Gems:
6 link: Frost Blades, Multistrike, Physical Projectile Damage, Faster Attacks, Added Fire and then Life Leech in HC or WED in SC.

6 link: Lightning Strike, Multistrike, Physical Projectile Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks and Life Leech

Jewels:
Stats you want to look for on your jewels are Physical Damage, Projectile Damage, Physical with Claws and Physical with one hand melee weapons. Attack speed rolls are good as well and you get to use the shield attack speed rolls. Extra max life%, max es%, leech are good rolls and es on hit if rolling cobalt jewels.

Curses:
We use Poacher's Mark with Blasphemy to get the life gain on hit and mana gain on hit so we don't need to use a Gemini Claw. This also lets us get 140% increased flask charges gained to use our flasks every other pack.

Auras/Buffs/Golem:
Discipline and Herald of Ash are best for staying on mana. Ice Golem is currently best until I find out how much accuracy is needed with Poacher's Mark. Ice Golem is linked with GMP and Blind though LMP is fine as well.

CwDT Setup:
Currently using Tempest Shield with blind might add an extra spell in there for more blind action.

Gear:

Spoiler

My gear was rather cheap boots, gloves, rings and chest were all under 3c each. A corrupted Retch cost me 16c. As far as upgrades go I need a new weapon but I was away for a week so I wasn't earning currency. I'll post a classic my build can do gorge vid after I get a new weapon.

Hope you guys enjoy the build leave your comments below.

Edit 1: Dropped Acuity cluster the accuracy wasn't needed after all just need to get a bit over 500 flat accuracy off your gear for about 87-88% chance to hit thanks to the lowered evasion that Poacher's Mark gives.

Edit 2: Updated for 2.2
Last edited by Jinholic on Mar 18, 2016, 4:14:51 PM
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2016, 4:15:57 PM
Reserved
video por favor?
Updated the Non-crit tree. Respec'd and got 84% increased dmg and 12% attack speed a few levels earlier.

"
video por favor?

Its under the first spoiler tag is it not working?
How do you generate power charges on the crit build? Should I be runnin assassins mark over poachers?

Can I run both?
Last edited by mdizzley on Jan 12, 2016, 5:40:37 AM
"
mdizzley wrote:
How do you generate power charges on the crit build? Should I be runnin assassins mark over poachers?

Can I run both?

You can use a Gemini Claw and just run Assassins Mark. You can also use PCoC if you really wanted.
"
Jinholic wrote:
"
mdizzley wrote:

Can I run both?

You can use a Gemini Claw and just run Assassins Mark. You can also use PCoC if you really wanted.

Thanks, I just speced out of crit anyways. I'm level 80 right now [HC], using Lightning Strike instead of Frost Blades. Really fun build, I'm digging it. I've noticed whenever you run out of energy shield or flask charges, shit can get pretty sketchy. I've had to log several times when my energy shield drops with no Rumi's charges. Single target is also pretty bad if you lose your frenzy stacks, considering running Frenzy to fix that. Currently sitting at 3.9k health and 1.9k energy shield with 40% chance to evade. I'm thinking about dropping Evasion for more Energy Shield, as I just noticed in your video guide you said you only had about 20% chance to evade. What did your life/es look like at around level 80? I feel unsafe running T5 maps.

Also, I don't know how you are able to run Blasphemy with Herald of Ash and Discipline. Blasphemy and Discipline take up all my mana. If I run a Herald I don't have the mana to consistently proc my CoDT or Whirling Blades everywhere. I'm gonna try Charisma in 2 levels to see if that fixes it.
Last edited by mdizzley on Jan 14, 2016, 6:48:47 PM
"
mdizzley wrote:
"
Jinholic wrote:
"
mdizzley wrote:

Can I run both?

Thanks, I just speced out of crit anyways. I'm level 80 right now [HC], using Lightning Strike instead of Frost Blades. Really fun build, I'm digging it. I've noticed whenever you run out of energy shield or flask charges, shit can get pretty sketchy. I've had to log several times when my energy shield drops with no Rumi's charges. Single target is also pretty bad if you lose your frenzy stacks, considering running Frenzy to fix that. Currently sitting at 3.9k health and 1.9k energy shield with 40% chance to evade. I'm thinking about dropping Evasion for more Energy Shield, as I just noticed in your video guide you said you only had about 20% chance to evade. What did your life/es look like at around level 80? I feel unsafe running T5 maps.

Also, I don't know how you are able to run Blasphemy with Herald of Ash and Discipline. Blasphemy and Discipline take up all my mana. If I run a Herald I don't have the mana to consistently proc my CoDT or Whirling Blades everywhere. I'm gonna try Charisma in 2 levels to see if that fixes it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build. I found crit was too much of an investment when starting out anyway. For single target I use Double Strike as it deals phys damage but Molten Strike would work as well.

At 80 I was in the same gear I've got on now minus the chest. I think I had about 3.4k hp and 3.3k es at that point. Getting a new chest as put me at 3.6k hp and 3.9k es atm. If you have all the life and es passives I've put on the tree then its all about gear after that, 4k in each pool is easy to get without dropping too much currency.

As far as the auras/buffs I'm running you need charisma to have more than 50ish mana. As far as being safe in maps goes a lot of it comes from life gain on hit and vaal pact leech I'm at 54 lgoh and 2.75% phys leech atm. My life is almost always full and recovering es if its getting hit too hard I just whirl out for a sec to recharge it but that doesn't happen often as my flasks are always up.
When do you think its a good time to get vaal pact and ghost reaver?
"
As far as the auras/buffs I'm running you need charisma to have more than 50ish mana. As far as being safe in maps goes a lot of it comes from life gain on hit and vaal pact leech I'm at 54 lgoh and 2.75% phys leech atm. My life is almost always full and recovering es if its getting hit too hard I just whirl out for a sec to recharge it but that doesn't happen often as my flasks are always up.

How are you getting 55 lgoh? WIth poachers I get 22, add + 14 from my claw I get 46. Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info