[2.1]DOUBLE CURSE STORM CALL WITCH 10K+ PER HIT / HIGH RES AND LIFE

The idea for this build was to have fun but still do some damage with an uncommon active skill and the chosen one was STORM CALL, which has a very unique mechanic in my opnion.

As this is my very first build fully done by me i'd love to have comments on what could've been done better for future builds maybe.
Special thanks to: Unicornflakes and BecauseIZedSo who helped me with little changes to the passive tree who made a huge improvement!

PROS:
-Nice AoE
-Great Damage for a skill that's not overpowered
-Cool mechanics to play
-High enough resistances and Life

CONS:
-Sometimes you have to kite
-Lack of low level good items to get started
-Can be a little expensive (not so much)

Leveling can be tricky since as I mentioned on the PROS/CONS you pretty much have to go through whatever item you have until you can get something useful.
But running a Tabula Rasa is always good and also Flame Totem will help you in lower levels as well.
Mana will seem to be a little bit of a problem in early levels but when you get your gear you won't even bother with it.
LINKS FOR TABULA:

Storm Call + Concentraded Effect + Controlled Destruction + Less Duration + Spell Echo + Reduced Mana

Normal:Help OAK.
Cruel: Kill them all.
Merciless: Kill them all.

Now the passive tree can be annoying because you'll lack Dexterity and Strengh in early levels so this mean you'll have to spend some of your Refund Passives later on. (which is not a problem since we can get them from quests, but remember to save them)

20 POINT TREE
Basically getting attributes for future gear and going to the Templar area.

40 POINT TREE
A little bit of everything.

60 POINT TREE
Remaining from the Templar area and up to some damage.

80 POINT TREE
Double curse, life, and down to the path to Vaal Pact.

FULL PASSIVE TREE
Whenever you can get yourself a Astramentis Onyx Amulet, you can drop the Dexterity and Strenght nodes you had to allocate in the beginning.
Vaal Pact is huge for this build since we're gonna run Warlord's Mark + Conductivity as our curses and the Life Leech from Warlord's Mark will apply instantly.

Helmet:
Spoiler

Alpha's Howl is a great item to link your Wrath gem, plus it gives you 8% Reduced Mana Reserved and some Cold Resistance
LINKS: Wrath + Enlighten + Enchance(optional)
You can get it really cheap in poe.trade.
This one I paid 15c on it.

Chest Armour:
Spoiler

Atziri's Splendour is one of my favorites chests in the game, it gives you everything you need plus 100 Life and Mana on kill which is gonna be useful to survive if the enemy is not cursed by Warlord's Mark.
LINKS: Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Faster Casting + Summon Flame Golem
Really cheap chest armour since we don't need a 6L here.
Got it for 35c on poe.trade so yeah don't pay more than that.

Gloves / Boots / Rings:
Spoiler

Any piece of good Life and Resistances basically.
LINKS FOR GLOVES: Vaal Storm Call + Increased Duration + Spell Echo + Life Leech
Now this is really important, it will be leeching life for about 5 seconds and it's a key piece of this build.

LINKS FOR BOOTS: Herald of Thunder + Curse On Hit + Conductivity + Warlord's Mark
HoT will be our source to curse enemies in this build plus it gives you some more damage.

Belt:
Spoiler

The best option here, high damage, high resistances and armour.
15c on poe.trade too.

Staff:
Spoiler

Now it starts to get a little expensive, Pledge of Hands is a great staff and that's why it's price is quite high
LINKS: Storm Call + Concentraded Effect + Controlled Destruction + Less Duration + Added Lightning Damage

Another good staff option is Agnerod West (can be a little expesive too)
If you have one, just drop the Added Lightning Damage gem and put a Spell Echo on it's place.

Amulet:
Spoiler

This piece of gear is worth 1 Exalted right now so it's nothing too crazy.
It is Required for this build since we need the Attributes to get our gear so you need to have this amulet by level 60 or else you'll not be able to use Alpha's Howl.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Right now im running this setup with an Instant Recovery/Remove Bleeding as my first option (really good for this build)

The second one is a high recovery life for situations that are not so urgent.

The mana flask can be a 50% applied instantly with no problem at all.

Atziri's flask can be the changing factor here as you'll find youself in maps that require another type of resistances so this can change from map to map through Cold Res Flask / Fire Res Flask / Lightning Res Flask.

OFFENCE TAB:
Spoiler

DEFENCE TAB:
Spoiler

- Obviosly you want to avoid Elemental Reflect maps
- Get a good set of Tropical Island, Mountain Ledge and then go up to Strand and Arid Lake/Gorge but be careful.
- Right now i'm level 79 doing tiers 6 to 9.

Really important part of this guide

- Don't pay more than you have to get gear
- BE CAREFUL WITH RARE MONSTERS WITH ELEMENTAL REFLECT (they can and will kill you if you let'em)
- Try to get Astramentis Onyx Amulet ASAP so you can get rid of those DEX/STR nodes
- Anything you need just whisper me and i'll be glad to answer!

I really hope you guys enjoy this build as much as i am right now, i did the guide as i am a low level but it was out of excitement to have my first build out and i plan to post videos in the near future.
Thank you guys and have fun!
Last edited by luksblink on Jan 8, 2016, 3:20:44 AM
You might try using the Lightning Penetration gem instead of maybe the Added Lightning (Obviously both if you can 6 link). It won't change your tooltip, but it adds quite a lot of damage monsters take. You'd have to go on feel though to see if you thought it helped you. With conductivity i'm not sure. Against curse immune I'm pretty sure the penetration would be better.

Thanks for posting your build. Been thinking about trying to make a storm call build work. Seems like it'd be more fun than arc.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jan 16, 2016, 11:39:26 AM
"
You might try using the Lightning Penetration gem instead of maybe the Added Lightning (Obviously both if you can 6 link). It won't change your tooltip, but it adds quite a lot of damage monsters take. You'd have to go on feel though to see if you thought it helped you. With conductivity i'm not sure. Against curse immune I'm pretty sure the penetration would be better.

Thanks for posting your build. Been thinking about trying to make a storm call build work. Seems like it'd be more fun than arc.

Oh yeah Lightning Pen can easily be put on there aswell with no problems.
As for trying out the build i say go for it man, Arc is around for ages and everyone has done it already. The thing about this build is that i had the interest of doing one and i did not found a single one from recent patches so i had to do it and it turns out that it worked out.
Any doubt you have just PM me in-game and i'll talk to you, or even show you how the damage/playstyle is working out in maps!
Thanks for the response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info