Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

This is the tree I use on my Voltaxic Pathfinder.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeAdEDHgUtBbUHHgguDY0OSBEvEYERlha_GY4Z1xqNH0EhdiPTI_YknST9JpUqCysKLlMwcTB8Mfo2PTdMN9Q51DpCPs9DMUQNR35JUUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLVYVW-loaWyZbr13yYeJiWmKsY6dlTWwIbIxvJ2_ycFJ07XXLdvd67311fyt_gH-Wf_uE2YbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2Sjb-PYJOVlS6aap2qn22gn6EiokCly60zr-u0xbe2u-O9Nr3mvqfBM8LswzPEosedyPDTb9N-1CPWitrB2-fdRt2o45_nVOpi62PtP-2D7g7vevDV8Yr0-Pc9_MX-uv8Q_94=

Please note that, being a Pathfinder, I took some necessary nodes like Primal Spirit and Druidic Rite. If you don't love flasks like I do, those points can be spent elsewhere (Fangs of the Viper, Quickstep, even Cloth & Chain for some more Evasion or easier resistance capping).

Uber Atziri has 30% Lightning res and 15% Chaos res.
Hi, i am doing pretty well with this build, lvl 78 deadeye now and ripping maps apart.
I do have one question, i tried the frost wall trick with this and it doenst seem to work, i never tried it before but looked up some youtube videos of the skill and i hould be doing everything correct.

Is this trick not possible with this build for some reason?
You need 100% pierce to make full use of the frost wall trick.

This means taking the pierce nodes amidst the shadow and ranger area to have 50% from the tree, and using the pierce support gem (instead of chain support) to have another 50%.
I do have 100% pierce chance.
50% from tree, 50% from pierce support (and even 10% more from drillneck)
this shouldn't be the problem
"
bongo86 wrote:
I do have 100% pierce chance.
50% from tree, 50% from pierce support (and even 10% more from drillneck)
this shouldn't be the problem

Try putting the frost wall closer to the enemy; the method itself still works.
I love this build so far. Everything just melts. Ok, so I'm just on Normal, but Piety was no problem, and Dominus had no chance of killing me either, thanks to a lot of life leech + Blast Rain.

I really do need to upgrade my equipment though, and that's where I alway run into problems. I don't have a lot of currency (13 Chaos), so buying good gear really isn't an option, at least not more than a couple of pieces.

Could someone more experienced than me look at my equipment and tell me what to change first?

This is the passive tree I follow right now: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQDBAdEDBAMeA5YFLQ2ND6sQYhEvFr8Zih9BIXYj0yP2JIsk_SaVKgsrCjB8Mfo2PTfUOdQ7KD7PQzFKfUtXTP9Nkk4qUUdVS1oaW69d8l-wYENh4mKsZU1sjG49bydvnm_ycFJ07XXLdvd3B3rvfXV_K4MJhFOExYbOhxOHdonTjDaNfY1-j2CXBppqm7WcpJ2qoJ-hIqJAo4qmMqhyr-uxW7e2u-O9Nr3mvoC-p8DjwTPDM8M6xKLKStN-1oraweOf51TqYutj7T_uDu967_3xs_T4_MX-uv_e

I think I might add Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Etherfire wrote:
Just wanted to say, fangs of the viper is still pretty good. 5% movespeed is awesome.

Yes, the movement speed is very good, you are right. I unspecced FotV because - from a Pathfinder perspective - I hardly noticed 5% additional movement speed with my setup, but he is a Deadeye, so it's more important for him.

Can you help me choose Pathfinder Ascendancy point for this build. Becus I found all Acendancy node of Pathfinder is useful for this build, but i just have 8p :D
1. Nature's Adrenaline
2. Master Surgeon
3. Master Herbalist
4. Nature's Boon

:)
Hello everyone and thanks Mathil for this build.

I was planning on going Champion Voltaxic LA/BR this league.

Here is the skill tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAOxchJSJcXvUYhcslKrNa9SbLV85ivDEgrCrvqdlTXXLvTa3tupiR36NfkMx2sHDM0z_dO0uU1oaTioFLdNvW68j03rvDY0hdm8nj2CHdvzFhs6aauOf7g7BM6OK73oj9tN-TZKNfQBefXUwfBmO_rp_K1FH7YO74znU1ornVD7PN9QILsSib_J29yT9vebtP5cGp9SgnzH6_94Ziv7IwzqhpCo44dsGI3sUieDmWJMfSRObtYTFX7DKSm-enKSHE3cH8bNLV8DjgwlgQ249voAkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13ybWw2PZ2qbIxirA==

It features good defenses, obviously perma/buffed fortify, the tons of nice defensive/offensive utility bonuses from Champion. End-game items are Voltaxic, Rat's Nest/Devoto's Devotion, Lightning Coil, The Blood Dance, Maligaro's Virtuosity, and rares.

Any thought about it? Thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by Nepho on Sep 2, 2016, 3:44:07 AM
Anyone got an updated tree for 2.4?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info