[2.1] TheAmigoShotz Purple Edition -Voltaxic Chaos Ranger -insane clearspeed

OUTDATED. NOT DOING FURTHER GUIDES ON THIS BUILD SRY.

What's up Amigos! -I am back with another guide!
This build was inspired by Mathil's voltaxic ranger, so credit to him for advertising the voltaxic builds :D

If you are one of the lucky guys in possession of a Voltaxic Rift, and have it rotting in stash, maybe this will is the time to try it out and hopefully use it!

-Voltaxic Rift is a really good bow, that converts lightning damage into chaos damage, and as you might not know, chaos damage cannot be reflected.

And of course, if you got any questions regarding the build be free to ask me ingame at @TheAmigoBoyz_RAIN or my new Scion character @TheAmigoShotz

The Skilltree:

Skilltree:

Ranger skilltrees:
(2.1) Ranger tree for lvl 100: http://poeurl.com/vm5

Pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Insanely high clear speed, at least as good as TheAmigoShotz windripper build!
  • Cost efficient
  • Able to clear the highest tiers of maps
  • Doesn't feel as slow as a phys build with a harbinger, since we have more attacks per second
  • Atziri viable!
  • Uber Atziri viable!
  • ALmost no lag!
  • has almost 5k life
  • REFLECT PROOF!
  • Can run all map mods, except from "PLayers have blood magic" and "monsters are immune to leech"

Cons:
  • Needs some specific uniques to get the build started
  • Can be pretty expensive after you aquire the basic gear
  • The mana leech can sometimes get a little annoying, but it's not too bad

The Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn
Merciless: Alira or Kraityn both are good :D

Gear breakdown:

Helm: Rat's nest. -Yes, it's best in slot as always :D

Chest: I think a 6l belly of the beast would be the best option, since the more life, the better. We also don't have to worry about evasion because we are reflect immune. -You can also use lightning coil if you can sustain the lightning resist penalty. If you can't afford that, or don't have that, you can always use a rare evasion chestpiece with resists and life. -That's what i'm using at the moment.

Rings: Rare diamond ring with life, resists, WeD and Added lightning damage to attacks. If you need attributes, you also wanna get that on the rings

Amulet: Rare amulet with int/str (if you need that), crit multi, global crit chance, life, resists, WeD and added lightning damage to attacks.

Gloves: Maligaro's are best-in-slot, but if you don't have those you can use rare gloves with attack speed, life, res, Shadows and dust or facebreakers! (they give A LOT of crit multi).

Boots: rare boots with res, life, movement speed. Tip: you can craft intelligence on boots from a master if you need that.

Bow: Voltaxic Rift -yeah, that's what this build is all about :D

Quiver: A Rare quiver with attack speed, life, weapon elemental damage, crit multi, res (if you don't have capped resists)

Jewels:

Ideally you want jewels with Attack speed with bows, life, Resists and maybe some projectile/chaos damage

Static Electricity is a good jewel to use at the jewel socket to the left of Vaal Pact. It will give 1-92 lightning damage

Gem links:

Main attack: (GGGGBR) Lightning Arrow - GMP - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added lightning Damage - Chain Void Manipulation

Single target attack: (GGGBBR) Blast Rain - Weapon Elemental Damage - Void Manipulation - Concentrated effect - Added lightning - Poison

Buffs: Reduced Mana - Summon Ice Golem - Blood Rage - (Enhance)

Vaal Skills: (GGBR) Vaal Haste - Vaal clarity - increased duration - Blink Arrow

Auras: (BBBB) Herald of Thunder - Wrath - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark

The gear i'm using

My current gear on Standard

My Stats:

Stats
coming soon

The Videos:

Videos
coming soon

I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Last edited by TheAmigoBoyz on Mar 23, 2016, 4:12:23 AM
how do you think this build compares in clear speed(or rate of sellable items) to your other windripper build? im not quite sure which i want atm, and don't care about atziri
Last edited by goldnugget on Jan 3, 2016, 3:13:17 PM
How about switching void manipulation to poison? Also tried instead of added lightning added chaos
Hmm, seems like a lot of nodes spent on mana leech. Can you manage with just a single mana leech node, the one between Spirit Void and Vitality Void? That does the trick for me in a 6L, but I use Split Arrow (clear speeds feel the same as LA, less lag), which has a lower mana cost. Vitality Void may also be overkill, and it's definitely not needed if you go with Cherrubim's Maleficence.

I had a hard time capping resists while trying to fit in my legacy crit multi gear, so I don't wear Rat's Nest, but I'd like to fit it in eventually.

My Gear
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
You focus too much on attack speed

attack speed boosts your dps tooltip but what you should be looking for are straight projectile damage, chaos damage, lightning damage and MOST importantly life on jewels

this build oneshots packs on a 5L, attack speed is a wasted stat unless all you're doing is uber atziri runs and you're just spamming Blast rain all day, but even then i'd argue bigger hits with better leech are more valuable

You don't have mana problems with this build unless you as i said stack million attack speed, you can sustain on 0.4% mana leech

You see a pack, you shoot once or twice, you kill the pack, you move on, you don't even use Vaal Haste in this build for DPS, you use it for movement speed

You want to be constantly moving and dodging stuff, not standing in place attacking, this build plays much more like a Phys crit with a Harbinger than your standard elemental build that attacks 6 times per second
IGN JustifiedF
I think you don't need spend nods on Essence Sap. I think 0.4% leech is enough for mana leech. Im using Mathil's skill tree and i think it's better optimized for this build. Crit is important too to that build.
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
Bro its been more than 1 and a half month, are you condering uploading your stats and video?
plus i wanna know how will acuity do as gloves
"
Deathrakhi wrote:
Bro its been more than 1 and a half month, are you condering uploading your stats and video?
plus i wanna know how will acuity do as gloves

Acuity is wasted on this build.
Reasons:

You crit chance is below 70%.
You are 1 passive away from Vaal Pact.
You loose all the crit multiplier from Maligaro's.

All you will really gain is a bit of life regen and 1 extra passive since you can remove VP. All in all: A rare or Maligaro's is better than acuity for any Voltaxic Setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info