[2.1] [SC] Phatman's Crit Poison Blade Vortex w/Cybil's Paw

Hey folks,
This is my first guide so go easy. I've been playing PoE for quite sometime now. I thoroughly enjoy how immersive and complex this game has become.

Back story
Spoiler

I had only played a character or two in the previous few leagues and felt like I was getting bored with the same old Flame totem, incinerate builds. A buddy texted me saying, "Hey, the new league started yesterday, you gonna play?" Hmm... New Xbox One(Black Friday) or Path of Exile. I looked up the video for the new league and saw BLADE VORTEX! I was SOLD! Memories flooded in from D2's Hammerdin and I couldn't wait to get started.

But wait... I'm stuck at work for 12 hours... I ain't playin' shit. Hmm... what to do with my time. I know, theorycraft. I debated on going 3 routes.

1. Super tanky, high life, non-crit
2. Super evasion, medium life, non-crit
3. Acro, Crit, Poison

I choose option #3 'cause who doesn't like damage?!?!

This build focuses on Blade Vortex's many spell hits in conjunction with poison's unlimited stacking potential along with Cybil's Paw +life gained on spell hit. I have completed maps up to Tier 8 with ease and am currently at level 81, so there is still much to do.

Passive Tree
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

I'm not rich at all so a useful 6L is a dream for me. I've got your average Joe's gear that can all be purchased for very little on poe.trade

Main Hand - Cybil's Paw - +Spell damage based on block chance, +life gained on spell hits, cast speed

Offhand - High life, resists shield w/ high evasion is a +

Helm - Armor helm for CWDT setup, high life, resists

Chest - Hyrri's Ire - 10% dodge attacks and spells with lots of evasion

Belt - High Life, Resists, flask charge bonuses are a +

Rings - +Attribute to meet your requirements, Life, resists, mana regen

Ammy - High life, resists, spell damage

Gloves - High evasion, life, resists

Boots - I'm using Sin Trek for high evasion, +attributes is a bonus

Flasks -

Skill Gem Setup
Spoiler

Blade Vortex - Spell Echo - Poison - Faster Casting - Increased Duration - Increased AOE
But I don't have a 6L and I occasionally swap out Inc AOE for faster casting if I'm farming

CWDT(lvl 1) - Blood rage(lvl ) - Chaos Golem/Ice Golem(lvl )
Blood rage is awesome because it give Frenzy charges on kill increasing cast speed

CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Enduring Cry
I self cast enduring cry for the added defenses and can't go wrong with IC

Blasphemy - Assassin's mark - Hatred - (whatever you want)
This is our bread and butter. It generates power charges quickly and gives us massive sustain with life and mana on kill.

Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste - Tempest Shield - Increased duration
These are little bonuses every now and then for damage and defense. I regularly keep up tempest shield for the +block chance

Whirling Blades - Fortify - Faster attacks
'Cause thats how we get around

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Help Oak for +40 life
Cruel - I killed all but you could argue for Alira's cast speed
Merciless - Help Alira for +1 Max Power Charge

Let me know what you think. I haven't had any real challenges with this build. Mana isn't an issue. Reflect isn't an issue. Of course I'm only level 81 in Tier 7-8 maps but hey, gotta start somewhere.
Last edited by Phatman on Dec 20, 2015, 2:18:48 AM
Just wanted to toss you a bone and say that I saw your build a few days ago and decided to give it a shot. It's been a ton of fun and leveled like a dream. Just started mapping with it and I look forward to seeing how it does in the higher tiers of maps. Regardless of how it goes, I'd say great work with your first guide!
www.twitch.tv/nerdstalgic
Hey man,

I wanted to say thanks for the build. I've been playing it for a few days now. I'm at level 41. I've got to say that this is a really fun and mobile build. Can't wait to start mapping.
Interesting guide, but I Kinda have a few questions.

Are u able to run immune to curse maps with this? (Seeing that assasins mark is both dps, and mana important for this build).

Also i'd have a tabula rasa for lvling, I'm kinda curious if 15% of my mana pool (35% reserved from blasphemy and 50% from hatred), even considering assasin's mark regen on kill, would be enough to feel comfortable with vortex.

As an endgame chest, I think Daresso could also work. You get to not self-cast enduring cry, and benefit from the onslaught buff, and even a bit of dodge chance. I'd say it is kinda a middle ground between carcass jack offensiveness and your recommended defensive chest. What is your opinion on that?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Last edited by Arcanastenebrae on Jan 4, 2016, 1:19:47 AM
first time posting on path of exile's forums

I freakin love your build

that is all

hope we can get more discussion going on how to make it more awesome
Hi !

I love this build thank you for this. What do you think about Abyssal Cry ?
Hi,
Do you have to use a mana flask? How many Stacks you can get without using clarity or blood magic? (without hitting Mobs. Just when u stand in place and cast)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info