[2.1.2] The Snowflake of Steel - Winterheart Cybil's Iron Will Freezepulser

Hello there!
If you are like me, you definitely got excited for the new upcoming Winterheart gold amulet, and if you didn't see it yet, you can find it here.
So, the main feature of this amulet is scaling damage along with block chance. Does that remind you of anything? That's right, the Cybil's Paw, which means that, combining them, every 5% block we will get +5% cold and +8% spell damage! So we just need to find a cold spell and a good starting class and we're ready to start!

Cold spell: Since there won't likely be enough space to boost crits, it's a nice idea to choose a spell that freezes naturally without depending on crits, not to mention that the amulet comes with a level 10ish added cold damage so it's wise to choose something with good damage effectiveness. Cold Snap and Freezing Pulse were my candidates, but I obviously chose the latter in order to not rely on power charges.

Starting class: most of the block nodes are in the STR side of the tree, so Templar was the first option, but I chose Scion because her +4% block chance is virtually unreachable by other classes.

Gem links:
Main skill: Freezing Pulse - Spell Echo - Hypothermia - Added Cold Damage - Cold Penetration - {Ice Bite/Controlled Destruction/Iron Will}

Movement: Flame Dash - Faster Casting.

Auras: Arctic Armour - Blasphemy+Frostbite - Herald of Ice

Secondary Skill: Arctic Breath - Spell Totem - Faster Casting - GMP (You can replace the last two with Culling Strike-IIR if you wish)

Leftover gems: Summon Flame Golem, Vaal Cold snap (or any other vaal skill of your choice), CWDT+Frost Wall (or whatever you like in CWDT), Tempest Shield, Rallying Cry. There is plenty of space for other gems actually.

Gear:
Cybil's Paw and Winterheart are obviously the core items. Repentance gloves are an endgame option to attach an extra Iron Will link to all of your spells (the strength is already in the tree, you just need a bunch of extra intelligence). The best in slot shield is the Aegis Aurora, but if you are tight on your budget even something cheap like the Crest of Perandus will do fine at its 31% block chance. The rest is up to you, AR/ES gear will suffice. Of course, there are some other uniques that enhance this build like the vast majority of them (looking at you, Belly and Lightning Coil), but they aren't required by any means.

Bandits: Oak, Kill all, Kill all (or get the Frenzy Charge if you're into Ice Bite)

Discuss!
Greetings,
Frozen Fire / The Elementalist
Last edited by TheElementalist on Dec 19, 2015, 1:34:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info