[2.2] *The Imploding Bomber* - Reverse knockback Vaal molten shell

--------------------------------

This is the first build i'm posting. Currently i'm level 91 doing tier:8-12 maps.

A few words
-This build can't be used as a leveling build since it requires specific items for high lvl. What i'd suggest for leveling is using the Firestorm skill since it's duration/aoe/fire tagged as VMS and goes well with the tree from the beggining.

-If you don't know how Vaal Molten Shell works:

What the skill does is adding a shield around you, giving you armor, that explodes dealing dmg to the mobs around you each time you get hit. That's the reason we are using scold's bridle.

What this does is, each time you spend mana you get "hit" by 400% of the skills mana cost, which activates an explosion on VMS. So the best skills to use as activators are high casting speed skills.
Incinerate seems to be the best option, given it scales off fire dmg as VMS. The more casts per second, the more explosions you get. (Flameblast would work too, but since i'm using Vaal pact, incinerate is prefered)

-Since VMS is a vaal skill, it already has high base dmg so we don't need a lot of multipliers on the tree to boost the dmg. That's why i picked many life nodes (i'm also losing flat life because of all these unique items).

-Vaal pact is a personal preference (i'm mentioning a life regen option below). I prefer the instant leech since my max life is just ~4k and vaal pact seems like the best option for hard hits from mobs and especially bosses in higher map tiers. When vaal molten shell is up, i'm nearly unkillable except from one shots, due to vaal pact though.

-Reverse knockback: The reason i chose this is it helps keeping packs and most bosses inside the dmging area(even the fast ones) of VMS. It also helps in parties since you can tank all non oneshot dmg and disable packs by pulling them to you (it causes lag though)

- In the beggining of each instance/map you have to use incinerate to farm souls for VMS. Usually it takes about 30seconds-1min to fill the first VMS (Depends on mobs you encounter).With the nodes and gems we are using in this build, duration is about 26 seconds.

Pros/Cons
Pros:
High dps (from VMS) and instant leech
Good clearing speed
Good in parties, since you pull packs and bosses on you (in a way disabling them)

Cons:
You have to kill mobs using incinerate to charge VMS in the beggining of each instance
Requires specific gear (no budget build)
High level build (you need specific nodes and items(lvl requirement) to make this playable)

Gear/Links

update 1: Wither

You can try using (showing the gems, not the item)
+incinerate for bosses and very high life mobs by having a 2nd shield(Enduring Cry-Wither-Faster Casting) ready for swaping (or removing CWDT-Frost walls completely to always have wither). I haven't tested it much but it seems good since we are using consuming dark (75% of fire damage converted to chaos damage).

**************************************************************************************************
You can also drop vaal pact and go for life max/regen and dual wield with Bino's Kitchen Knife:

Since Consuming dark makes your chaos dmg poison it works really nice. About 1000-2000 life regen with VMS

**************************************************************************************************

Jewels:

Bandits
Oak, Alira/Point, Oak/Point

Notable map mods:
-No regen: Use mana potions

-Curse immunity: switch empower to life leech on vaal molten shell(change blasphemy-warlords mark to some aura you prefer)

-Reflect: no problem because of consuming dark and instant leech

-Blood magic: Turn off all reservation skills and switch empower to lifeleech on VMS

Stats screenshots(lvl 89, only difference is life):
Defences(not counting endurance charges or added armor from VMS):
No potion:
With potion
:

Offenses

Incinerate skill:
Incinerate:
Incinerate-ignited:
Incinerate-ignited-Atziri's Promise:

Vaal molten shell skill:
Vall molten shell:
Vall molten shell-Atziri's Promise:

Some bad quality videos(using only 2 sacrificial harvests here)

Showing some reverse knockback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRfrJMU_-8I

Arid Lake lvl 76: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByjdYhw5bms

Volcano lvl 77 (dual boss with additional projectiles)(I forgot to keep charges and went back to kill leftover mobs, so i didn't record that part. 2nd video is the boss):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFOicifxz4w , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wEYQhMFJYE

Springs lvl 78: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRqbz8oJY8
Last edited by Dionisis21 on Apr 7, 2017, 1:55:24 AM
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2016, 11:25:06 AM
Added some bad quality videos.
Reserved.
2.3 killed the build. Duration and damage on vaal molten shell were halved. Only way is going critical so you can use Chill of corruption. Also, more reflect from the change on consuming dark (75% to 45% damage converted to chaos) and less chaos damage.
Last edited by Dionisis21 on Jun 12, 2016, 10:25:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info