2.1 Lightning Strike Ranger Ideas?

Fairly new to making my own build. Been trying to make a good softcore Lightning Strike Ranger build.
This is meant for a dual-wield dagger build hybrid life/evasion. Is dual-wield even worth it for Lightning Strike, or should I just build it dagger + shield? Would something like this work hypothetically? I would pair it either two decent rare daggers or a decent rare + Bino's. Rat's Nest + Lightning Coil for uniques and either Maligaro's if somehow I can cap resists or just attack speed + phys damage rare evasion gloves. I don't even have a solid idea of the links either for a 6L. I keep hearing different things on what to use with Lightning Strike (don't use Pierce or Chain etc etc), so I'm a bit lost. This is also based off of 117 point passive tree (Just threw it out for max potential @ 100). Bandits would be Health/Attack Speed/Frenzy Charge.

Thanks in advance for those taking the time to share thoughts. I realize it may not be that great of a build. First time making something of my own (I already know the life pool will be somewhat lower--probably in the 4-5k range, 5k optimistically).
Last edited by jengals on Dec 17, 2015, 9:46:30 PM
Take rare like this:
plus help Alira on merc difficulty and screw maligaro's. Most overattet piece of gear there is. I have no idea why some peaople insist they're bis (in case you're one of players who can't afford accuity).

Above post contains pure opinion, of course.

Spoiler
I've never tried melee ranger, so lets forget all above if they struggle with capping crit (really struggle). But they don't, do they?
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 17, 2015, 11:40:25 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

This dual wield build works really well with Lightning Strike. It doesn't have the dps of some other builds, but it can get quite high (over 100k with some investment and without needing crit gear), plus it's a ton of fun once you get the items together. A little tricky to level from scratch, though.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Thanks for the input so far guys! Appreciate it. And yep -- I'd probably try for something like the Armageddon Paw gloves. Evasion + AS + phys damage + good resists and life. I just suggested Maligaro's because it's just one of the better pairs of gloves that I currently have. Getting a good pair of rares though won't be too hard for me. I also did see that Dreamfeather guide, and it looks really cool. I have some really good phys daggers but no Dreamfeathers, and I have a bit of a hard-on for them, so that's why I went dagger route haha. Once again, thanks for the input so far!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info