2.1 LL Whispering Ice! Up to 10,5k ES, 2.2k Int and nearly 17k Avg.Dmg! NEW THREAD UP!

NEW FORUM THREAD FOR 2.2 IS UP!!!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1635152

All questions and so on will be answered there!

May you rest in peace witch, now its official:

"WE ARE SCION!"

««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««
««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

WELCOME TO MY LL WHISPERING ICE WITCH BUILD SHOWCASE!

About PM's ingame!!! PLEASE READ FIRST!!!

Spoiler
If you have any questions, PLEASE ask here in the forum! :)

I've gotten ALOT PM's lately ingame and I only have limited time to play the game!

This isn't meant to be rude!

Another reason for this is that other people can also see your questions and check the answeres should they have similar questions! :)

I usually check this thread when going on- and offline or when taking breaks from playing! :P

Ascendency 2.2 Testing:

Here's a little sneak peak of my current testings!

Spoiler

I'm very busy playing Perandus atm but this does not mean I'm not doing testings for you guys and girls out there! <3

Here's the link to the full screenshot!

http://i.imgur.com/4h2YVl3.jpg

Current skilltree for witch:

Spoiler

Current skilltree for scion:

Spoiler

Experimental Icestorm Saboteur skilltree:
(WARNING! USE AT UR OWN RISK! THIS IS JUST AN IDEA I HAD IN MIND!)
Should work tho! :)

Spoiler

Also, there's a big possibility that this build becomes a scion!
Reason for that are her ascendency classes which seam to fit this build way better than any of the witch classes!
Please keep this in mind for now!

This is my first build showcase so please be kind! :)

***FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions***

Is this build uber atziri viable?!?
Spoiler
Personally, I have not done uber on this build but I know of some other icestormers who have done her with alot less damage! So it's up to you guys if you wanna give uber a shot with this or not!

Do you have a CI version of this build?!?
Spoiler
I have started playing icestorm as CI when I first picked up a Whispering Ice back in Warbands. I can give you a skilltree for CI but you have to decide for yourself which auras to keep and drop! Also keep in mind that as CI you have to wear some rare ES gear with high Int. and Res. to cap ur res! This also means you lose alot damage!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSDQHwQHwfPv6-vkHwKio18qNsWD93_G2CQRLSepEZaTJ8HFpwgsnA5IvorsGFhana6PRhVQ6-6iLl3yoS_K04_6cLssv1IpGmwdFFH7m6Ec3FBCtAzQ0NkTFddV4OQi-tLNFvfXjxqMNuq6RnFHBl9qL2-GrrUE1aYpTxcvHxiESDQKDXyDCeGI2-dWY0VH7Dhk5ySwXGs3Zm-eHapsCMBmgpuFe1XWgKTDbSymykr-SfGKZlSQ1l-wm7XDOoTFGYoqOJcG-wnEovba35gaj2Ja

Its basicly the same tree just w/o the LL stuff. :)

What do you think about the new Skyforth Sorcerer Boots?!?
Spoiler
Sure, go ahead and give them a go if you can afford them! Personally I pref. Rainbows. Why? - Cuz they offer alot more ES and needed res! If you decide to use skyforth you would lose quite some damage cuz you have to switch out at least one or even two dmg. jewels for res. jewels!!! If you really hate stuns tho, they might be for you.

Lets start with my current skilltree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcNfA5IES0RUBGWFVAXLxmKGmwajxslHNwdFB1PHaofAh8YJLAnqSlPKjgsnCymLR8tqC9vNAo1uTbFN2ZFR0ZxRwZLrkyzUEJR-1IpVdZV4FhaXGtd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVGwIbRlvnnC7e9d_xoCkgpuDCYP3hEiExYV7jDaPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnlSCXBpuhm7WdrqEvoi6io6cIpyuxkLQMtQS-gL6KwGbBxcHzwzrDbcSiykrK080W0B_Q0NWm2CTZE9lb2-ffit-Y4YjkIukC6rrr5Ovu7BjsOO_r8Yr22vfX-tL7Cf5J

EDIT: Skill tree for the scion!

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9bbWS2osZC-gIMJRnFvnrQM4YjKSuq6ytMdql-wDXy-iv5Jm7WTJ6EvwzqExX_Ge9cZiio4J6kRlqKjwcWXBvsJDkjB8-wYWFrEovbaoi5d8lyKlSCP-nC7UinfmBqPUEItH9DQ2RNV4GJajDYdT0yzRwZfai9vNbnQHwQH2-cRUKcr7-vr5B8CbAhtGV8qg_fxitlbES0bJSycS6731-kChEiboVxrj0bDbacIHRRR-52uFVDr7vrSzRYabBzcFy8fGOQijxpk5ySwtQTVpilPVdaApEVH7DjAZoKbhXtmVDbF2CQ=

EDIT: Planned tree for level 100!

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSDQHwQHRX7B8-_r6-QfAlyKoqNfKoP3f8YRLSepEZaTJ8HFLJwOSL6Ke9fsGFha99eiLl3yoS_K04_6cLtSKYRIm6FQQrQM0NDZE1XgXGuPRow26rpGcUcGX2ovb8NtpwgdFFH7NAoNfIMJ4Yjb552uFVDr7vrSzRY3Zm-esZAdqmwIGmwc3BcvHxgspspKLaj-SfGK5CKPGmTnJLCQ1l-wvoC1BNWmKU9V1oCkm7VFR-w4wzqExcBmgpuFexmKKjhmVJcG-wnEovba35gaj2JaKwoRLzbF2CQOXGr6

«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««
«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

EDIT: Where to socket all the conversion jewels!

3x Brute Force Solution:

Spoiler

1x Fertile Mind:

Spoiler

EDIT:

Leveling progression:

36 points, time to pick Whispering Ice! (Astramentis helps ALOT when leveling + you are going to most likely wear it later anyways!)
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzBAfr5B8CXyo2xdgkpwiPRpuh99eESFxrw22VIMHzoqN_xpMnvorK07QM6roNfKEv

61 points, we travel down to the ranger area, grab Charisma + Primal Spirit and also grab Influence and Ghost Reaver in the shadow area! We also grab Deep Thoughts in the witch area!
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSAEB8Hz6-QfAqKjXyo2xX_G2CSTJ6cIvoqPRqEvytObobQM99fqukZxhEgNfIMJXGtvnsNtykpfsJu1wzqExRmKlwbEot-YYlrBxewYj_rQ0F9q-wn22hqPcLvZEy9v4Yg=

81 points, now we should be around lvl 62... Time for low life! (Shavs/Solaris required!)
We also travel to the templar area, grab Sovereignty and Elementalist and we also grab Pain Attunement and Arcane Vision between the witch/shadow area and pick Vaal Pact between the shadow/ranger area! And don't forget to get the jewel socket in the witch area!

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSAEB8Hz6-QfAlyKoqNfKjbFf8bYJJMnwcWnCL6Ke9fsGJ2uj0ahL8rTj_pwuxpsHRSbobQM0NDZE-Qi-tL31-q6RnFfai9vKU8XL4RIDXyDCeGI7Dhk5ySwXGtvnh2qgptV1oCkw23KSv5JX7CbtcM6hMUZiio4lwb7CcSi9trfmBqPYlrQH-_r

104 Points, this time we get the jewel socket, Light of Divinity and Retribution in the templar area, pick Might and the jewel socket above it between the templar/witch area!
Furthermore we get Occultists Dominion in the witch area, Physique + the jewel obove it it between the witch/shadow area and also grab Trickery and Coldhearted Calculation in the shadow area!

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSAEB8Hz6-QfAlyKoqNfKjbFf8bYJJMnwcWnCL6Ke9fsGJ2uj0ahL8rTj_pwuxpsHRSbobQM0NDZE-Qi-tL31-q6RnFfai9vKU8XL4RIDXyDCeGI7Dhk5ySwXGtvnh2qgptV1oCkw23KSv5JX7CbtcM6hMUZiio4lwb7CcSi9trfmBqPYlrQH-_rhXtmVNWmtQRFR8BmFVBR-80WHxiD9xEtLJwnqVhaUilV4BGWDkhd8qIuUEKMNg==

117 ponits, my current tree. You basicly just start picking remaining sockets that are nearby and maybe alter pathing a little here and there if you feel like it!
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcNfA5IES0RUBGWFVAXLxmKGmwajxslHNwdFB1PHaofAh8YJLAnqSlPKjgsnCymLR8tqC9vNAo1uTbFN2ZFR0ZxRwZLrkyzUEJR-1IpVdZV4FhaXGtd8l8qX2pfsGJaZOdmVGwIbRlvnnC7e9d_xoCkgpuDCYP3hEiExYV7jDaPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnlSCXBpuhm7WdrqEvoi6io6cIpyuxkLQMtQS-gL6KwGbBxcHzwzrDbcSiykrK080W0B_Q0NWm2CTZE9lb2-ffit-Y4YjkIukC6rrr5Ovu7BjsOO_r8Yr22vfX-tL7Cf5J

Dealing with the bandits aka bandit rewards!:

Spoiler
KILL THEM ALL! Eramir is our best friend!

Also let me name you some pro's and con's to this build.

Pro's

Spoiler

+ Icestorms chilled ground effect is a sweet defensive mechanic!
+ Freezes enemies very often!
+ High ES when wearing Vertex! 10k+ as Low life is really something!
+ The ability to pre-cast icestorms on some bosses! (Don't you dare do that on Atziri's splitphase!)
+ Easy kiting (if needed!) thx to icestorms sweet base AoE and chilled ground!
+ 81/81/82 Res + up to 42-52% block chance with a (non)legacy Rumi's!
+ Relatively cheap to get started... (Talking 1-2Ex here!)
+ High ES recharge rate thx to Bated Breath!
+ Whispering Ice does NOT need to be 6L but only 6S for it to work wonders!
+ Can do Atziri and maps up to tier 14 solo with no problems!
+ ABSURD Dmg! As said in the title up to nearly 17k Avg.Dmg. tooltip. (if anyone wants to calc the real dps please go ahead!)
+ Reflect isn't an issue thx to vaal pact + res. flasks!
+ You gain quite some dmg. from your jewels via converting STR/DEX into Int!
+ 9 Jewel Sockets!

Con's

Spoiler

- If you really want to take the build into the extreme it gets expensive!
- Stun! This is NOT a "brain-afk" build! You have to position yourself properly and make good use of flasks! Cast when stunned linked to frostwall helps alot should you get hit by something!
- If you don't pay attention corrupting blood will kill you rather fast! Again! NOT a brain-afk build! :)
- Getting late game jewels can be painfull... cost around 1-5 ex each!
- Cap'ing Res. can be tricky if running Black Sun Crest + Sin Treks!
- Managing all 7 auras can be tricky when starting!

Now lets take a look at my offensive and defensive stats!

EDIT: Added maximum potential damage for all the tooltip warriors out there! <3

Fallowing gem-setup was used:

Spoiler
Icestorm - Faster Casting - Hypothermia - Cold To Fire - Controlled Destruction - Life Leech - Spell Echo/Concentrated Effect

The fallowing two screenshots were taken while wearing Black Sun Crest + Sin Trek with Rallying Cry and Atziri's Promise up!!! They show the max.potential dmg. I talked about earlier!!!

Without Conc.Effect:

Spoiler

With Conc.Effect:

Spoiler

Offensive stats with +1 Rainbows & Vertex:

Without Conc. Effect! (regular maping setup!)
Spoiler

With Conc. Effect! (boss setup!)
Spoiler

Offensive stats with Sin Trek + Black Sun Crest!

Without Conc. Effect! (regular maping setup!)
Spoiler

With Conc. Effect! (boss setup!)
Spoiler

Defensive stats with Vertex + Rainbows!

Spoiler

Defensive stats with Black Sun Crest + Sin Trek!

Spoiler

(Keep in mind that with this you need at least 19% additional cold & fire res! This can easily be solved with jewels tho so don't panic!)

Let's talk about gear:

Items you need to make this build work! There is NO WAY around them!

Spoiler

Why do we needs this staff? It's obvious, without it = no icestorm!

Low life body armour of choice that also is highly recommended!

This one is an alternative to Shavs, you lose alot of ES tho...
At my current state I would drop down from 10,4k ES to 7,5k with Solaris. Still a decend number of ES + the 25% light radius can be nice, not even kidding! ... I still pref. Shavs tho :')

EDIT:My current gear, jewels & flasks:

Keep in mind that archieving that kind of gear may take some time but if you are willing to spend some time on ur character I can assure you will archieve it!

Spoiler

Depending on some maps/bosses and such I might switch out some flasks for better fitting ones.

My gem setups:

Spoiler

Weapon:
6S (Again! No need for a 6L here!):
Icestorm (from the staff) - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration - Life Leech.
Swap in Concentrated Effect for Spell Echo against tanky bosses!

Helmed:
4L: Blood Magic - Herald Of Ice - Purity Of Lightning - Clarity
(Depending on your current level Claritys level needs to be adjusted!)
You can also switch Herald Of Ice for Arctic Armor if you want to be a bit more defensive!

Body Armour:
3L: Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Vaal Discepline
3L: Cast When Stunned - Frost Wall - Summon Flame Golem

Gloves:
4L: Enlighten - Purity Of Fire - Purity Of Ice - Enduring Cry/Rallying Cry
The choice between the two Warcries is basicly either a bit more def or dmg.
Up to you!

Boots:
4L: Enlighten - Empower - Discepline - Purity Of Elements

Videos:

Atziri run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV0aVKY9Pxg

First time/blind deathless Vinktar Square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2aXoykoDXw

Got any questions?
Feel free to ask me!
My english might not be the best out there when it comes to explaining stuff but I will do my best! :D

Cheers, Zahkriisos!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Mar 28, 2016, 12:37:36 PM
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2016, 7:38:08 AM
Edit: 11:08; December 17 2015: Adding leveling progression to the build!

Edit: 11:44; December 17 2015: Added leveling progression to the build!

Edit: 16:44; December 18 2015: Added Scion tree to the build!

Edit: 17:45; December 19 2015: Added first video the the build!

Edit: 16:54; December 21 2015: Added my regular flask setup under the gear section!

Edit: 17:10; December 21 2015: Added screenshots to show where to socket the conversion jewels! You find them under the skilltrees!

Edit: 20:10; December 25 2015: Added maximum potential damage for all the tooltip warriors out there! <3

Edit: 20:47; December 25 2015: Added planned tree for level 100!

Edit: 14:33; January 05 2016: Added FAQ section near the end of the build and slightly updated my current passive tree!

Edit: 22:55; January 05 2016: Slightly edited & updated the leveling section of the build!

Edit: 17:59; February 01 2016: Added first/blind Vinktar Square video!

Edit: 19:00, March 16 2016: Added little sneak peak of my current testing!

Edit: 12:30, March 18 2016: Added current skilltrees for witch and scion in the 2.2 section and added an important note to keep in mind!

Edit: 21:05, March 21 2016: Added experimental saboteur tree to the 2.2 section! Use at ur own risk!

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Mar 21, 2016, 4:05:45 PM
hoping to play a build around it, kudos!
"
Radgris wrote:
hoping to play a build around it, kudos!

Hey thx alot!
Build thread is as good as finished.
I will add the videos in the next few days.
Atm looking for a decend, free screen cap prog. :)

Damage looks pretty nasty. Thanks for the build !
"
Damage looks pretty nasty. Thanks for the build !

It indeed is and you are very welcome! :)

Could we get a leveling progressing skill tree?
"
Skaithakk wrote:

Sure thing!
I will add a leveling progression tomorrow! :)

"
"
Skaithakk wrote:

Sure thing!

Oh, I was hoping for one later tonight, been wanting to try this build out. No worries though, thank you!
"
Skaithakk wrote:
"
"
Skaithakk wrote:

Sure thing!

Oh, I was hoping for one later tonight, been wanting to try this build out. No worries though, thank you!

Sorry to keep you waiting!
The leveling progression has been added now! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info