[2.2] CoC Discharge with The Harvest (Video Added)

As of 3/18/2016 I have found CoC Discharge with the harvest to be too tree taxing to be very good
More cost effective to use Vagan Dagger route

Welcome to my guide for a use of the unique axe The Harvest!
Spoiler

Basic Mechanics Specific to this Build
Spoiler

The Harvest has some really strong additions to CoC discharge as well as some shortcoming that get addressed by the tree. Firstly you will notice later that I do not use life leech in the 5L for CoC setup. This is because the weapon gives us 1.2% leech on critical strikes. While it is less than life leech gem, it is been enough for my testing in SC. I have not tested in HC but with good positioning and knowledge it can probably be made work. Anyway back to The Harvest. The weapon also provides us with flask charges on critical strike, which make our diamond flask essentially a surgeons flask (Crazy I know!). Last but not least the weapon gives us 3% Global Critical Strike Chance Per level! In the tree you may notice we take Eldritch Battery. This is to help combat Voll's Protector's reduction to our mana pool by letting us attack off of our es. Typically CoC builds have been using Elreon jewelry with "-mana cost of skills" to make cycloning around free or near free. I have been surviving with EB and Vaal Clarity. Also CoC builds typically use a Vagan Dagger with "Hit's Can't be Evaded" Mod to rid the hassle of getting accuracy on gear and in the tree. We don't have that luxury as we are using The Harvest. To help with this I have gotten a crit + accuracy cluster in the tree. It seems to be fine for the time being.

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak - Kraityn/Kill All - Alira

Attack Speed is nice from Krait but not mandatory. If you don't regularly hit high levels on your characters you may want to opt for the passive point in cruel to help you get the points for the tree faster. The rest is self explanatory: Oak for flat life in Normal and Alira for power charge in merc

Trees

Required Gear
Spoiler
These two items are key to making the build work:

You can certainly run the build on a 4L for CoC setup so 5L Voll's isn't required.
(See Gem Links section for more info)

Gem links
Spoiler
4L CoC setup: Cyclone - Cast on Critical Strike - Discharge - Increased Critical Strikes
5L CoC setup: Cyclone - Cast on Critical Strike - Discharge - Increased Critical Strikes - Blade Vortex/Life Leech (3 green for BV is hard to roll but the best for 5L in this build, Life Leech in a red or whatever other spell or increased crit damage in blue)

Other Important things:
Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark
Aura's:
Run Blasphemy and (Choose one):
1) Haste
2) Herald of Ice + Herald of Lightning (before Elemental Equilibrium Node)
3) Herald of Ice + Arctic Armour (After EE)
4) Herald of Ice + Purity of Elements (After EE, if you want resists to make gearing easier)

Flasks
Spoiler
Here is what I use:

Useful Unique items:
Spoiler

I suggest using Maligaro's Virtuosity gloves as they give great crit and crit multi. Also suggest a Starkonja's Helm or Rat's nest depending on your budget.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Videos
Spoiler

T1 Map (Sorry for low quality) https://youtu.be/LLeNMg5-MAk

Will add more videos when I am finished with 13 pages of final papers :)

Profile Link (Character is HarvestingCoCs) :
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VisionOverload/characters

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler

3/12/2016 - Initial Version of the build
- Added Videos Section
- Added Flasks Section
- Added Basic Mechanics Section
- Added a Unique Options Section
3/13/2016 - Added Gear Section
Last edited by VisionOverload on Mar 18, 2016, 12:22:21 PM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 3:30:56 PM

--RESERVED--
Hey,

Possible to see your gear you are using currently?
"
Moksu wrote:
Hey,

Possible to see your gear you are using currently?

Hi Moksu, near the bottom of the post is my profile link with character name. The gear is there and I will be adding a section on gear soon.

Currently doing some testing and found that I have hit the 95% crit cap quite easily and may make some variations with different aura's such as Warlord's Mark (Which would allow us to drop EB)
Is this HC viable? your tree seemed like it didn't have much life at all.
"
AuraZed wrote:
Is this HC viable? your tree seemed like it didn't have much life at all.

Hi AuraZed, I am currently testing a bunch of things and play SC. Life based is too squishy for even SC. Stay tuned for CI based in the near future. Also Karvarousku on twitch.tv is playing a CoC Harvest build in HC (Leveling it right now). I believe he is using spells other than Discharge and not a Voll's Protector.

So tldr life based to squishy, not recommended for HC right now. Keep an eye out for the CI version coming to this guide soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info