[2.2] Flamelord RF + FS + SB

This Build mimics the abilities of a monster; a Redblade Flamelord.
Originally a fun character made for the Talisman League, dreaming of an OP T4 unique talisman.

Ascendancy has come, changing the RF-FlameSurge meta.
2!!!!! gemslots have been freed from the original FlameSurge setup.

#1 Life Leech gem: Ascendancy Class Chieftain gives 1% Fire leeched as life.

#2 Blood Magic gem: The unique ring Essence Worm has made the bloodmagic keystone better.
One free aura (purity of fire), so no self castrating life reservation.
This is also made possible by the extra life regen of the chieftain and stone golem, so the vitality aura is not needed.

These spots can be filled up by new gems:
#1 Controlled Destruction with a "More" multiplier
#2 Elemental Focus with a "More" multiplier

Since this has become rather serious deeps, I'm returning to the build, give it another go.

While this build is not able to run all the mods for high maps, it is an excellent secondary character:
* Run labs to enchant the gear of your main character and carry your friends in the lab.
* Run the perfect high tier bloodmagic maps you'd otherwise have to reroll.

gear

Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAGRA3UD1gSzBS0GDgbDCfYLYQxfDjwUIBRxFm8YVhiRGS4aOBpsHKckqiW8Jy8n7S3SNZI26TpSOtg64TwFPC09_ECgQYdGt03jUEdTpVZIVw1YY1h3XhNfBF8_YVJmVGebaGVodGjyeu999YIHgpuDX4PMhXuGYIzPkFWRK5HOlmyaO52un9-iAKZXpqOnCK2Nrj6vbLc-uX677byfvWDAZsRYxPbGBMauxtjPftIh02_UfNWm2CTYvdlh2XzaYttP37_gw-Nq5CLkUew47TzvDu9O73zwH_JB8kXzm_ZI-ej-Cv6P

Labyrinth setup by Iceydevil

cheap and effective

Blind gives the boss a 50% penalty to his chance to hit. A hit has a small chance to apply the blind, but a flame totem does a gazilion hits before you can say blue berry pie. It saves a flask spot "smoke cloud on use". The flask wasn't bullet proof anyway since it's stationary.
*Flame totem - blind - fastercasting -??? flame dash / stone golem??

Whirl is still very speedy movement throughout the lab, while fortify is still king of defense.
It's very handy to popup behind the boss when he's doing his windup attack.
*Whirling blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Extra notes:
#1 Since Vaal charges are lost on entry to Izaro, Vaal lightning Trap is not handy here.
#2 Life regeneration is very good against traps, so temporarily turn off righteous fire when you have to run a difficult section with traps.
#3 Can socket CWDT-IC for traps.
#4 Lava traps are no thread with your fire resistances.

[2.1.0] Talisman League-OLD STUFF
This Build mimics the abilities of a monster; a Redblade Flamelord.

If you’re after top tier PewPew, then this is not the build for you.

If you’re after a totem build that can do direct damage and leech;
then you’re most Welcome!

Introduction

While reading the patch nodes 2.1.0 pre talisman league, I immediately wanted to play searing bond totem. The new changes to the skill allows you to have 2 searing bond totems without the need for the skill node Ancestral Bond (= Can have 2 totems but cannot deal damage yourself).

A redblade monster called Flamelord uses searing bond totems and flame dash. Thought it rather cool to follow that style. To complement the build I’ve chosen flame surge to deal direct damage and leech. The 50% more damage against “burning/ignited” targets gets triggered by the burning of Searing Bond, Righteous Fire & the burning ground from Flame Dash.

The goal of the build will be the creation of a daring tanky character that dashes into combat and slays monsters up close.

Link to video of Pre league planning

Notes:
#Changes made during the start of the league: Blasphemy support gem now reserves 35% mana instead of 25%.
#Flamelord Build endgame compared to classic RF builds:
You sacrifice
-Elemental Equilibrium-
for
-Searing Bond & Leeching Flame Surge-

Leveling up

Normal

Since you cannot aqcuire searing bond at level 1, and it won’t be really good until you get the support gem “increased burning damage”, leveling up is best done with a wide range of classic racing gems.

*Flametotem
(you can cast searing bond totem in addition to 1 flame totem, so you can mix it up)
*Firestorm
*Firetrap
*Flammability
*Herald of Thunder
*Herald of Ice

(Marauders do not get flame surge / flame dash as their starting gems from vendors & quests)

Your damage will increase significantly buy using 2 Sceptres where one of them has the modfier +1 level to fire gems.

Link to short video of my character leveling up, reaching Normal act3 and activating a talisman stone circle for the very first time.

Skill tree: I took the marauder life, Versatility (dex-int for gems) and went straight up to the templar.

Link to Tree

In Act3 you receive some important gems:
*Bloodmagic
*Fire Penetration
*Increased burning damage

Cruel & Merciless

Link Searing bond to Blood magic & Increased burning damage in a +1 sceptre
(+2 at item level 45-ish)

Link Flame Surge to blood magic & spell echo & lifeleech

I use the “thumb rule” for cruel A3/A4 the amount of armor gained from your Helm & Body armor should be over 1.000.

As for Solo/HC: Take your time for killing Dominus A3 and Malachai A4.
Some Lost time by preparing for these fights will be won back by being overpowered for merciless A1+A2.

Link to 2 min video of Cruel A4 Malachai fight leading all the way to Merciless Dominus

Aura’s : Blasphemy –Flammability + Temporal chains / Arctic Armour.
Frozen ground from Arctic Armour in combination with the curse Temporal Chains significantly slows down monsters.
Since I didn’t run determination or a shield, I’ve compensated by taking more %Armour skill nodes.
#Note: You're probably better off manually casting flammability on Malachai, since it's much wiser to stay far away from him, and then the Blasphemy radius is too small.

Link to Tree

the Unique jewel Fluid Motion might solve dexterity problems better then speccing into a +30 dexterity skill node.

Adding Righteous Fire

This needs some preparation.

In order to be able to sustain your life pool while taken immense amounts
of fire degeneration, gear & skill tree needs adjustment.

Gear: Rise of the Phoenix shield, purity of fire
and atleast one of these: Vitality or 2% life regen talisman amulet.

#Note: the shield cost me roughly 1 Exalted. That was like day 4 of a new HC league.
on SC that's probably going to cost one third of the price, and can probably divide the price by two after each additional 4 days.

Skill tree: All the % Life regen nodes you can find. Since Flame Surge needs alot of int, you'll be needing to go up to the witch to get it (unless you got GG gear ofcourse). That means you do not have skill nodes to spare to travel to the duelist for more % life regen.

Link to short video of my first gameplay with RF in Merciless act4 Dried Lake

Link to Tree of first RF gameplay video

RF gear

Going to try out all options, to finalise the RF spec for the flamelord build.

Characters lvl 65/71/81 GEAR & Tree Talisman HC League

Level 65 Act4 dried lake farming

#Note: I did not have anough unreserved mana to recast my golem. Is not really bothering me, since there seems to be a problem with Abyssal cry used by rogue exiles involving dying minions killing their own masters.

Link to Tree level 67-helped oak-kill all-helped oak for end charge

Level 71 Act4 dried lake farming with RF

Level 81 Mapping with RF

Gear has alot of room for improvement. Focussed on getting 5L astral so I could insert bloodmagic to flame surge again, so I could reserve all my mana. I was planning on taking up Determination and start my level 74+ maps.

Link to 3 min video of Mapping at level 81

Was going to Save up for a good weapon, but alas I died on a zana map to seawitch frost bearers + beyond.

For level 74/75+ content you cannot keep the whole flame theme compleet. Especially on HC you're forced to use the best survival methods. That means you'll be needing fortify and abit more armor. This comes at the cost of a 4L, so the 4L CWDT setup must be dropped.

Fortify:
Dagger & whirling blades
or
Sceptre & Cyclone / Leapslam

With GG gear you have more options:
Armor++ No need for determination: keep vitality or blasphemy second curse
Int++ Take the duelist life regen nodes and perhaps Blooddance boots frenzy charges
Fireleech++ Drop the life leech gem and throw in some "MORE" damage

Link to Tree Mapping level 81-helped oak-kill all-helped oak for end charge
#Note: I did not have Jewels worth to socket.

OP OP, the endgame Dream, become immune to a second element

While having extremely high maximum % fire resist, it's possible with Talisman League Corrupted Amulets to convert Cold/Lightning damage taken into fire. And thus maken more use of your fire defenses.

A Rare amulet can have 50% Cold or Lightning Damage taken converted into fire as Implicit mod. That's crazy good, and then add 6 more "normal" mods.

It get's better. Here's where things get really OP:
There is a unique talisman league amulet called "Eyes of the Greatwolf"
This amulet has 2 implicit mods that are DOUBLED!!!!???!!
Yes, that means 100% cold or lightning damage conversion to fire. Press your ruby flask and become immune to one of them.

The second implicit mod could possibly be 2x2=4% Life regeneration. Giving extreme build flexibility. You are no longer bound to all % life regeneration skill nodes. It's possible to take less then maximum.

Add in Lightning Coil unique body chest and convert physical damage to Fire damage. While we're converting physical damage, throw in a warband helm ontop of that. Yes that's just sick.

It's believed impossible to get both 100% cold & lightning conversion on the same amulet.

But who knows, one might pop up after all......
.... so you're able to properly break the game.......

@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Apr 23, 2016, 6:27:26 PM
Feel free to post any questions & comments
@Minstrelshadrak
Nice guide, going to try it right now.

What maps shouldn`t I run ?
Last edited by sevenfold on Dec 21, 2015, 10:22:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info