PvP formula for new skills (LLD)

So it's pretty obvious GGG hasn't had the time to adjust the T-values of the newly released skills for pvp. Since I believe LLD balance was quite alright during 2.0 I'd like to know what we can do to accelerate the process of "Fixing" the T-Values or whatever GGG does to nerf certain skills for pvp.

Video's?
Forum posts?
Build guides?

I've been playing the new leagues for the most part so I haven't been able to test all that much.
However, these are my first impressions:

1. Bladefall
Selfcast bladefall seems to do a lot of damage but gets slightly offset by how hard it is to actually hit someone with it. Cast when stunned bladefall however still does good damage but is pretty hard to dodge.

2. Blast rain
Very strong skill indeed, seems to be stronger than RoA for long ranged attacks and stronger than barrage for close range, making it a no-brainer for any ele-bower build.

3. Viper strike
Only fought 1 build using it and the poison seems OK, yet nowhere near the level of DoT a bleed bow can put out.

4. Blade vortex
Apparently it's pretty OP in HLD, haven't seen anyone using it in LLD yet.

5. Chaos spells
Haven't seen anyone using those yet.

If there are other skills or combinations of skills that you think need to be looked at, feel free to post below.
Best way would be to provide data here, a video showing the damage potential of skills with an explanation of how it scales.

Blade vortex seems to me the skill that shows the most problem at the moment, it hits wayyyy too fast.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
I've run a quick calculation to show why taking multiple hits per activation into account in the pvp damage formula is so important. The first skill hits once per activation, the second skill 5 times. When not taking the "shotgun" damage into account, after pvp damage reduction the second skill does almost twice as much dps as the first skill. When it is taken into account in the pvp formula, bu dividing T with it, the pvp dps is brought back in line.

From left to right in the table below: Build ; pve edps ; Hits per use ; T ; D ; D pvp ; pvp edps ; Comparison
(The forum format completely messes up this table, you can quote the post and read it in preview mode)
K 15000 1 1 15000 2859,8 2859,8 19,07%
L 15000 5 1 3000 1124,4 5622,2 37,48%
Fix 15000 5 1 3000 572,0 2859,8 19,07%
K 30000 1 1 30000 4275,0 4275,0 14,25%
L 30000 5 1 6000 1680,9 8404,4 28,01%
Fix 30000 5 1 6000 855,0 4275,0 14,25%

With skills like firestorm, whispering ice, bladefall or vortex, the most difficult part will be determining how many hits per activation hit a target on average. Even when a full duration firestorm hits an individual player 10 times, players move, so reducing T by 10 would gimp the skill beyond viability. The difficulty with ea wallspam will be that the primary damage cannot shotgun, while the secondary damage can, I expect it to not be easy to implement a pvp damage reduction that differentiates between 1 arrow and 5 arrow dps.

If ggg ever does another pass over pvp damage balancing, other things have to be taken into account imo:
Some skills ignore dodge+block.
Lowering resists seems to be the most effective way of scaling damage with all skills (EE+double curse, or mine resist penetration are good examples of how effective this is), so a pvp only normalization of resists would help a lot as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info