2.1.0b Hotfix (5:45pm December 12, NZ Time)

We deployed a hotfix with the following changes, you do not need to restart your game client for these changes to take effect.

• Fixed an instance crash with Vorici missions.
  • Fixed an instance crash with the Flesh Offering and Bone Offering skills.
No more crashes, nice.
keep on the good work!
Guild "Metal" /// mostly EU /// league + standard /// NO voice-chat necessary
I have a problem with Innervate support gem:
If I connect for example Lightning arrow I get the shock bonus but I never get the onslaught status for the shocked enemies' kills.
Before the 2.1 patch its worked. :(
How can its possible?
nice man! :)
Your patching server is really slow or unable to connect to, I've tried vpn, still the same problem.
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
First and foremost, GGG, thank you for the great game and the recent Talisman update. I appreciate everything you're doing and want the game to be the best it can.

With the 2.1.0 update the GGPK file has reached 7GB.
This following small 17MB 2.1.0b Hotfix patch was installing almost 7 minutes for me using Steam.
Wouldn't it be better if the Steam launcher updated the same way the normal launcher does and didn't copy the whole 7GB file to another location?

Or is there perhaps any reason for letting Steam handle the updates of the Steam version? I'd really appreciate a response from GGG. When searching for this specific problem in the past, all I've found was advice from players to stop using the Steam launcher or install the game on an SSD.

In case you are wondering:
- Yes, I want to play PoE using Steam. More people playing using Steam gives the game more visibility, so I suppose it would be in GGG's interest to support Steam play as well, instead of making people with steam use the standalone launcher.
- No, I'm not going to install the game on SSD. Besides many people don't have SSDs or don't have enough free capacity on them.
- Yes, 7 minutes is quite a long wait, especially for small patches. And no, I don't want to let Steam update the game automatically upon starting.
- Yes, there are games on Steam, that use their own launchers for updates.
- I'm not sure GGG would save that much bandwidth if everyone updating through Steam updated through GGG's servers. Especially if many people on Steam use the standalone already. Does GGG have any numbers about Steam players or patch bandwidth usage?

I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
"
dda550 wrote:
Your patching server is really slow or unable to connect to, I've tried vpn, still the same problem.

The same problem goes for me, this update made my game corrupted 2 times already, and I choose to install the game from beginning instead of update the old one, take much more time but at least I can play now
It is as though a thousand mouths cry out in pain!!!
Ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info