Introducing BCR nodes for all types of 2h builds

So i got this idea since it is pretty obvious that 2handers will be falling apart with the upcoming patches since the removal of sword bcr cluster which was really helping the majority of 2h swords to be competitive.

Their damage is considerably lower than other types of two hand wielding items like bows which can crit and have more range paired much with a much easier access to dodge.

I feel like without introducing such nodes they will really be left behind, seeming as they were already struggling against the majority of pvp builds due to being handicaped for being 2h.

The '' reality part '' of this idea is that in truth 2h weapons are heavy, maces and axes technically should have chances to go tru an enemy shield due to how heavy they are and their crushing properties. While sword is a sharp weapon that in reality can easily be used to go around an enemy shield using the sharp tip of it.

This will also lead to having more options when it comes to playing 2h in pvp, one of the most common was 2h rt sword build, and i have seen 2h rt axe build doe pretty well too. With the removal of BCR for sword is decreasing the efficiency of the most common one by a good amount. When you think about maces and staffs which are quite unviable in PVP, i myself once tried a 2h phys staff build and i really felt handicaped compared to others. I dont even wanna think about mace which are quite inexistent.

Here it is, thoughs ?

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 11, 2015, 12:36:23 PM
8% phys, 15% Block chance reduction would be better i think. these passives should not ''counter'' block builds, these passives should just make possible 2Handed weapons to have chance against block builds.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 11, 2015, 12:24:54 PM
http://imgur.com/Fcucstv

Maybe they should be gated behind notables and have no benefits other than just giving BCR.
You know.. as to not confuse ppl.
Last edited by Monstacookie on Dec 11, 2015, 12:22:06 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
8% phys, 15% Block chance reduction would be better i think.

15% BCR seems quite low to me, considering the 2.0 bcr cluster is 30% and there was even more BCR available on the tree back in 1.3 at the ranger area. You were able to get around 55% block chance reduction at that time, which got nerfed due to being too op.

As i can remember in 2.0 2h sword cyclone builds were not the most op builds, 20% is a minimum in my opinion.

Let's say for exemple someone has 50% block chance. You have 15% block chance reduction which leads to a 7.5% reduction.

25% leads to a 12.5% reduction, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

On a side note mullaxul can probably quote us more on this since he played 2h sword BCR for a long time.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 11, 2015, 12:36:47 PM
I actually think maces need to get a stronger third affix on these notables than the one for sword and axe, i just have no idea at all.

Help ?
"
Monstacookie wrote:
http://imgur.com/Fcucstv

Maybe they should be gated behind notables and have no benefits other than just giving BCR.
You know.. as to not confuse ppl.

That is a good option as well, are they strong enough agains't most current PvP builds though ?

Main reason why i had to idea to add more affixes was to give them some help, they are rather weaker than most in pvp, especially mace and staff.
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 11, 2015, 12:41:56 PM
May I just point out, Who in the higher echelon of pvp uses block?

The LL ES guys?

My point is, alot of us uses dodge, not block, the wheels you added specifically states Block only not dodge. Why not add in Dodge reduction wheels? or combine the both?
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
imo, a good option would be to make the leo mod a suffix and add 10-15% dodge reduction to it. Non crit builds would benefit the most from it since on crit you want attack speed, multi and chance.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Dec 11, 2015, 1:52:40 PM
"
missuse wrote:
imo, a good option would be to make the leo mod a suffix and add 10-15% dodge reduction to it. Non crit builds would benefit the most from it since on crit you want attack speed, multi and chance.

Good suggestion, but a 10-15% on rings/ jewelry completely nullifies a long pathing route and 4 points investment.

Imo it's a a good suggestion, however 2 suffix mod countering the patina and 4 points of acrobatics is way out of portion. I'd think it'll be better to place 4 point tree 20% anti dodge on tree instead.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
You just thought of this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55447/page/23

I posted exactly this over a year ago and actually talked about and posted about it somewhere before this too. If GGG listened to anything I wrote from day 1 I started PvPing we wouldn't have threads that mirror exactly what I wrote back then.

It would be a bad idea to provide dodge % reduction IMO, the BCR/DCR gem already does this perfectly fine. Dodge also doesn't reflect enormous amounts of damage back at the attacker, nor heal the defender. Block is the only problem worth worrying about when it comes to reductions.

Besides the point, I appreciate you making this thread and trying to create some forward progression with PvP. I've pretty much quit wanting or suggesting new things since I said it all years ago. I'm just going to continue to play and suffer to server performance.

Btw if anyone's bored they should read that PvP feedback thread from the beginning til now. You can see nothing has changed and all the right balance choices have already been posted in it.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 11, 2015, 5:06:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info