[2.1] Righteous Tornado! (A 2.1 Take on Niffler's!)

UPDATE:
I am now using RF sitting at level 80 and I am loving the results so far. Everything is self found and hard earned!

Current Gear
Spoiler

Current Build

Target End Build

To Do List:
- Acquire an Enlighten Gem so I can finally use my blasphemy dual curse + Purity of Fire. Currently using Flammability + Purity of Fire and stacked with EE the results are so far amazing!
I have an Enlighten ready to buy off Catarina, but haven't found a Divine Orb yet to buy it.
- Find Decent Replacements For My:
Boots(Low Life/Res/Arm and not right socket colours for Blasphemy + Flamm + Ele Weakness + Enlighten)
Belt(good tri-res but useless base and not a great deal of life)
Amulet (would love a good 12% life/2% regen Talisman, but I need the Dex/Int currently on my amulet)
Weapon (Not a great deal good with my weapon at the moment besides some fire damage and attack speed for cyclone, hoping to put together some more sac-sets and get myself a Doryani's Catalyst scepter!)
- Farm More Maps/Earn More Currency
To switch from Ice Crash 2H Mace to RF made me use ALOT of my currency to get a 5-linked chest and the right colours on gear. . especially since my Vorici is too low level to use the 3-blue socket recipe...try getting 3 blue sockets on an armour-only pair of gloves. . .almost impossible, so I had to roll a new helmet, move my CWDT setup to my gloves as it only needs 1 blue socket, then roll 3B1R on the Helm for the RF setup.
So now I am rather poor in terms of currency so I am relying on drops only to try improve gear pieces.
Last edited by smittles on Dec 23, 2015, 6:43:19 AM
"
With my curses now as auras, the range should be larger than Cyclone - CoH can reach, and with RF currently receiving a 60% increased area of effect, more enemies should be effected by curses, and more enemies burning from RF!

Chris updated the patch notes about RF saying its now only a 40% increase not 60% as was originally posted in the 2.1 patch notes. I have been going back and forth on what build to use for this league and im going to go with RF/Cyclone.
I kinda like some of the idea's you've got here i tweaked around for a while on the Righteous fire calculator. I like the idea of using more than one curse, dunno if this is 100% true but i think it might be worth giving up one ring slot to triple curse Vulnerability/Flammability/Elemental Weakness seeing how you've got 30% increased effectiveness to curses it's a ton of damage.

I may run a variation of this build myself, this is what came up with.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_EWPZIXz8UIBo-7w58uFBHKS7xrFcN2WHSIfObrY0ZLvJBns1oZc9-J-2CB6cwBg7E9tl8Aeefy9R8xq4UTTboCfYLYTwtDF_8SxpVr2yDX4PMHKe8n2EhaPK3PlOlGJFko4Tv8B9Bh_4KAdzawaIA-eicvvJF2L2E2XTtLlPhcwSzgsdodA0fOuFHfgUt02-aOyj62mI8KKZXvTZ675_fgpuYrbiTGFZN42VN73w8Bew4HNy-pzrYhXvr7o8aJy9mVJrgpwiQVUWdna6PRho4U1IDdR0Um6GRKxJpGGpYdxcceC9fBHF5fOVYBw==
Last edited by KaeKo on Dec 10, 2015, 6:14:17 AM
The new support gem Rapid decay finally gives RF a 5th link that gives damage. I think cyclone would be better in a 4 link now that RF itself can have a 5 link and give damage. 6th link could even be item rarity for a little extra

EDIT: I would be looking at the new tree as a few things are worth considering. The new tree has a "damage over time" wheel next to iron reflexes where the old bloodletting wheel is that is very tempting as the numbers are very high. Just worried about spreading too thin
Last edited by WaffleT on Dec 10, 2015, 8:15:13 AM
There was an information that Rapid Decay does not work with unlimited time degen mechanics (i.e. RF). Looks like 4 link as a way to go, though this should be tested in the live version of 2.1.

6-link cyclone looks quite pointless (and you can use Kaom instead). Also, 191% life does not look like an "improvement" :)
Yeah just noticed elsewhere that rapid decay doesn't work with RF. Well that killed any excitment I had to try it out again
"
morterion wrote:

6-link cyclone looks quite pointless (and you can use Kaom instead). Also, 191% life does not look like an "improvement" :)

A 6-link cyclone would never be pointless. I have gone IR so that my belly of the beast or carcass jack will yield some nice armour and provide me with an end game 6-link, I wont be using Kaom's, the build is meant to be one you can switch over to as and when you can survive RF, not one you have to spend your hours playing the trade channel like most other builds seem to insist on doing.
It's a brand new league, the amount of Kaom's Hearts available is going to be quite limited, and the price is certainly going to be through the roof.

Anyway, it is the build I will be playing and I'll update the main post when I test the build!
I saw an implicit affix on a talisman that read:"50% of cold damage is taken as fire." This is effectively a 35%-50% damage reduction on cold. Better yet, I bet you can get the same transfer from lighting to fire. This is a massive buff!
"
Relytz wrote:
I saw an implicit affix on a talisman that read:"50% of cold damage is taken as fire." This is effectively a 35%-50% damage reduction on cold. Better yet, I bet you can get the same transfer from lighting to fire. This is a massive buff!

Very possibly, although I'm sure I also saw one with +30% Fire Damage, so if you're lucky enough to have the choice between damage and defense and own both of those talismans then it will be very cool!
There were also talisman affixed that granted a percentage increase to maximum energy shield. It is almost certain then the same should apply to life. The new age of RF! I was planning (if there is a talisman to convert lighting to fire) to use a lighting coil, red blade mod, and purity of lighting instead of vitality to gain massive physical reduction + a bit of lighting. This would be amazing on HC. Also, there may be some synergizing unique's.
Last edited by Relytz on Dec 11, 2015, 11:16:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info