Map Boss XP

How much XP does the map boss give relative to the total amount of XP in a Map. If you are going for loot then the boss is where a good percentage of the treasure (and better map drops) will be. But if you are trying for XP is the time and risk involved with fighting the boss worth it for the XP gained? Is it better to rush the mobs and move on?

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Map Bosses were changed - GGG wants you to kill them - so that their map drops would be better.

Yes, there is more risk with bosses. However, if you know the fight, the bosses are fairly predictable.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
Depends on the boss imo. Some bosses are so easy to kill that they hardly register and some take more time and might be worth skipping. I think you should always do the boss if you are confident that you won't die though. You could always get a nice unique drop from them.

If you are really in a hurry you might want to skip Merveil, Torture Chamber, Orchard... It might be better to skip some maps entirely though. Temple, Dungeon, Crypt, Thicket... take longer to clear than average maps.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Generally I try to do every boss that I can. I was just wondering if there was any notable XP gain from the boss.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
I don't think bosses contribute much to the raw xp gain of a map. If that's your only contingency you may as well just skip the risky ones.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
slatra wrote:
Map Bosses were changed - GGG wants you to kill them - so that their map drops would be better.

Yes, there is more risk with bosses. However, if you know the fight, the bosses are fairly predictable.

predictable? bro you should try the volcano village ruin bossess at higer lvs at low levels phantasmagoria just be sure to dont run them if you cannot dodge them they seem to be pertty "predictable" at damage point

bro if you are running crit build they are not worth it I dont include CI or lowlife build with 4.5k life you endup getting oneshotted so be careful and I gotta say some of them are also pretty easy to do
Last edited by blocker2 on Nov 29, 2015, 11:47:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info