[2.0] Explosive Arrow Scion, 1200 regen, 7k hp, phase acro, top ranking pvp build.

Cross-posting what I put on the PvP forums here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1481719

Hi I play EU Standard 1v1 and hang out in Sarn Arena, usually only 1v1 for my daily. To give you an idea, my Leo was level 5 when I got rank 2 in 1v1, and he was level 4 before I made this EA character. I really don't play a lot.

My EA chatacter's IGN is BalancedKappa, Kappa is a Twitch.tv emote which is used to indicate sarcasm.

Default equipment.

Equipment i swap out.

I like to play full offense and if the opponent is in any way challenging I use defensive items.

PvE & gear

For levelling I always use Blood Dance, Kaom's, rare helmet and Sybil's Lament instead of the Coral Ring, because EA can't be dodged the reflect gets pretty redic. Make sure you have a Ruby Flask with you also. My equip is pretty shit compared to top tier PvP players, My jewels are extremely bad for what's possible, most of them are 3-stat only with not really optimal stats, but I still got rank 1 and level 91. The most expensive part of my build is the level 4 Empower and 21/20 EA which you can technically both just farm yourself. I recommend getting any +1 curse amulet, it's really strong for PvE.

My current stats are about 7k hp and with frenzy up 1200 regen. My resists are overcapped quite a bit in Fire and Cold as noone uses lightning. Getting Chaos resist is obviously essential for PvP, and good for PvE also.

Ideally I would reach level 100 and optimize my gear further. My goal was to reach rank 1 and kill anyone I want to kill at least once. I achieved it with relative ease. I feel like I don't need to level further, it's a fucking bore. My Scion is currently level 91, with /played at 6 days, most of them talking to people in Sarn Arena. This was my goal skill tree:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAABLMGDgn2C2EOPBRxGFYlvCftPAU8LWhlaPJyqXasfNmCB4NflKCf36IAr2zAZsT2xq7PftR82E3Yvdl82mLbT9-_4MPqGO988B_46_Pd9zL-Crc-g8xodPnoQYeomptd8pdKyFpSKk0_J4azLOkA7tN-73r2oxUgI_ajiu4OUUcwfI19TZLtPzfUOkJLeN2oMHHUI42_voBuPQOWOyiDCWBD_rp9db6nGbQtg-pidcu9NmVNQzGNfre2BS107drB028uU_5UDc0rUBzOr6dTpRynDF97w1oawzO95j7PagGXtFWppDki4kfihNlHfg==

PvP & options

#1 thing for EA is positioning.

Also make sure you pay2win correctly by putting a skin on all your gear, so your opponent has no idea what you have equipped. This is essential. :^)

If you really wanna try hard you can get freeze immunity things, curse reduction rings, curse reflect gloves, etc.

Rain of Arrows does the cursing and I can switch out to whatever curse I want to have. Rain of Arrows also clears out traps and mines.

I weapon swap with whirling blades, it's fun. Whirling also your only hope if you ever get stuck in a bear trap. It's also very helpful against zoning skills like PA and icestorm, my defenses are not strong enough to survive those yet.

For CWDT I switch out Flame Dash, obviously it can be used against you but most people are really not practiced in PvP. You can also take out CWDT to have just Frost Wall + Spell Echo, Frost Wall doesn't always detect EA arrows properly though, I still don't know why. Depends on the angle it's placed at.

Rearguard and Rumi's Concoction with Stone of Lazhwar is also a thing but I dont feel like I would ever need it.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Nov 22, 2015, 6:23:47 AM
Please reply on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1481719. I won't be responding to this thread.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Nov 21, 2015, 11:10:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info