Headhunter Race is Not Fun [edit: it's pretty fun, but volatile sucks]

In theory i thought i'd like Headhunter races. After 3 of them though, in practice, they're really not fun. I usually like all formats that start out very difficult (e.g. BLAMT, Exiles Everywhere, old-style EL, etc.), but this one is the wrong kind of challenging. It's very reminiscent of Beyond. Just a total slog. Constant Fractures, Soul Conduit, Energy Shield, Slowing Auras, and most relevantly, Volatiles, all over the place. Uuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhh. Make it stop, my god.

I believe this is the first time i've given negative feedback about a specific race format. Yup, it's that bad imo. Does anyone hate this race? Anyone love it? What class are you playing? I can only imagine casters loving this race in its current state and the current meta.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 29, 2015, 1:24:03 PM
"
unsane wrote:
they're really not fun
By far the most fun race, along with Descent Champs, and not sure why you would think only casters would love this race, as melee are superior.
"
lPeeps wrote:
By far the most fun race, along with Descent Champs, and not sure why you would think only casters would love this race, as melee are superior.

True. Admittedly they were far less annoying as melee Ranger than they were as bow Ranger, the latter of which probably prompted this post. So many Volatiles is still really fucking annoying as melee though.

Also i rarely play casters in races so i thought if anyone could like it, it would make sense if it was what i don't play.
Last edited by unsane on Nov 19, 2015, 12:14:35 PM
"
lPeeps wrote:
By far the most fun race

yep agreed.

unsane, you don't have to kill all rares, much less volatiles, anywhere in a1 when you are still weaksauce. imo.

"
mallow wrote:
unsane, you don't have to kill all rares, much less volatiles, anywhere in a1 when you are still weaksauce. imo.

Well it's more that there are so many rares around that it's difficult to avoid accidentally killing a volatile that you may not have hovered over. Admittedly i could play better and hover every rare, and will endeavor to.
hahahah [Removed by Support], dont cry becus u cant play the game, the mods doesnt matter aslong as it lasts for 1 hour?? its not like ure going too merciless and beyound ?? i get mods from monsters and witches do aoe so i can kill 3 at the same time and get mega buffs.. i find it fun these headhunters .. its really nothing wrong with them aslong u stay away from some of them.. plus many zombies in beginning so doesnt worry before those leapers before brutus..
Last edited by Sarah on Nov 28, 2015, 11:45:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info