POE Races -__-

Some funny but not so funny images of yesterday's races if you want to compete.
Don't know how people can take racing seriously in this game because you get too many random stuff like this:

Spoiler
^Stinkface might have bent the road somehow :) (this was close to where the exit usually is but in this case was on the bottom of the map)

Spoiler
^game freeze = dead

edit: well i guess you could say that drops and the vendors are also random, so... its not just skill it's mostly luck especially in longer races
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
Last edited by x_KOR_x on Nov 16, 2015, 7:00:37 AM
yup its all luck and thats why always the same people win races coz they are the luckiest people on earth yadda yadda yadda...
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
Don't know how people can take racing seriously in this game because you get too many random stuff like this:

Spoiler
^Stinkface might have bent the road somehow :) (this was close to where the exit usually is but in this case was on the bottom of the map)

I know this part, I was wondering too... but it wasn't random. It was a fixed race, everybody had the same layout of zones.

"
x_KOR_x wrote:
edit: well i guess you could say that drops and the vendors are also random, so... its not just skill it's mostly luck especially in longer races

Drops are random, true.
But you are wrong with "mostly luck especially in longer races" ... in a 12 minute burst race a good hillock drop "2h for melee" or "+1 for caster" or/and any MS boots and you literally just won... it's -> more time = more time to even out bad luck.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Nov 16, 2015, 7:16:50 AM
"
kcstar wrote:
Drops are random, true.
But you are wrong with "mostly luck especially in longer races" ... in a 12 minute burst race a good hillock drop "2h for melee" or "+1 for caster" or/and any MS boots and you literally just won... it's -> more time = more time to even out bad luck.

Well, i guess it's equally bad. The way i see it: Player A get a pair of movement speed boots and a +1 (elemental) at the vendor or by drop. Player B never finds movement speed boots and have to craft a +1 weapon when he/she can get the crafting material. Having to stop to sell items (to get scrolls and orbs) and having to stop to craft will make player B never be able to catch up with player A. Unless Player A gets screwed by map layouts. (Assuming player with comparable skill level)
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"

The longer race the less RNG you need.

You need to know game and how to race to get high position, good RNG helps but it won't give you 1st position if you dont know how to play efficiently
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
Drops are random, true.

Well, i guess it's equally bad. The way i see it: Player A get a pair of movement speed boots and a +1 (elemental) at the vendor or by drop. Player B never finds movement speed boots and have to craft a +1 weapon when he/she can get the crafting material. Having to stop to sell items (to get scrolls and orbs) and having to stop to craft will make player B never be able to catch up with player A. Unless Player A gets screwed by map layouts. (Assuming player with comparable skill level)

This is not ... "Q3A" or any arena shooter with equal playground for anybody. There is luck involved in PoE all the time BUT... good drops doesn't boost "you" to #1 and bad luck doesn't left a good racer with no chance. I know how to get my +1 every race... it's not necessary to drop, but ofc I prefer it as a drop to spend my trans/alt on something else.
The layout-trap is something you will see less and less if you race very often. You'll remember all the blind alleys after they screw you for the x'th time... :>
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
Drops are random, true.

You get ms boots and +1 on standard and i get nothing, Lets race. I bet i win.
"
lPeeps wrote:
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
Drops are random, true.

shots fired
"
lPeeps wrote:
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
kcstar wrote:
Drops are random, true.

EleGiggle
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Same people end up in rank 1-5 every race just because of luck. Every single time the same people get the exact same luck in a somewhat rng game.

Yes in some ways luck is involved, but you getting the exact items you want doesnt make you rank 1 in any race anyway. Play better and you get higher in leaderboards, simple as that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info