GGG: Remove the Double RNG Requirement of the Move Speed Recipe

Current recipe: Quicksilver Flask + Orb of Augmentation + Boots = 10/15/20/25/30 Increased Movement Speed Boots (progressively).

While the existence of the recipe shows you have the right idea, and the components might have looked good in theory, in practice the components don't work. While i can respect the decision to include QS in the recipe, Orb of Augmentation must be replaced with something else (or with nothing at all).

Proof by example: Today i killed Hailrake for my first QS, as usual. Within minutes a QS dropped. Another few minutes i had a 3rd. Shortly thereafter, another dropped (my 4th). ~10 minutes and i was staring at 4 QS!

AFAIK and IME, 2 QS is optimal. Maaaybe 3 in a party race, for the runner. In any case you would never use the recipe in a party race, instead distributing a 2nd QS to each member. Ergo you would only ever use a QS component recipe with your 3rd/4th+ QS, in a solo race.

The problem is, you have 2 rng-based components in the recipe. Half the time when you get an extra QS, you won't have or anytime soon get an Orb of Augmentation. How is the recipe helping you then? There is no way to generate Augments like you can with Scraps/Whetstones/Transmutes/Alterations. I even checked the vendor during the race - 4 Transmutes to buy 1 Augment. An absurd amount, especially given many classes need to use a Transmute or 3 to buy gems and jewelry!

When you created this recipe, gems on vendors didn't exist, so maybe getting 4 Transmutes together to buy an Augment made a modicum of sense. If it did, it certainly doesn't make sense anymore.

As you may suspect, i in fact got 0 Augments all the way to Merveil. So the recipe was utterly pointless to me, despite my run's super rare QS rng being the prime target for using the recipe. If not that race, when will i ever use the recipe? A QS drop is moderately rare (~25% of runs), and you equip it alongside your Hailrake one. A 2nd drop (3rd total) is a ~5% occurence. 3rd drop like i had? Probably 1% of races.

Remove the double rng requirement of the Move Speed Boots recipe.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 15, 2015, 9:19:00 PM
"
unsane wrote:
A QS drop is moderately rare (~25% of runs), and you equip it alongside your Hailrake one.
"
Pam wrote:

Well, you're the expert, what's the number? 50%? 75%? Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that this is about 2-3 drop quicksilver runs, which (i think) are very rare. Again, correct me if i'm wrong.
"
unsane wrote:
There is no way to generate Augments like you can with Scraps/Whetstones/Transmutes/Alterations.

there are 3 aug recipes actually:

1x aug = item with six affixes
1x aug = 1 x normal, 1 x magic, 1 x rare item of the same base type
2x aug = 1 x normal, 1 x magic, 1 x rare (all unidentified) of the same base type
"
unsane wrote:
"
Pam wrote:

Well, you're the expert, what's the number? 50%? 75%? Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that this is about 2-3 drop quicksilver runs, which (i think) are very rare. Again, correct me if i'm wrong.

I'd say it's roughly 10% of the runs. It's just silly rng anyways. When they actually drop you usually get several, and no augments :^)
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Nov 16, 2015, 10:54:27 AM
Another exhibit: crab_dad gets 4 QS drops, no MS boots until Caverns, and 0 augments the whole race.
Last edited by unsane on Nov 29, 2015, 12:57:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info