Mathil's Low Life Chaos Incinerate - 2.0 Uber Atziri & Every map mod viable

Head on over to twitch.tv/mathil1 for live stream goodness and to have any questions answered that weren't covered here.

Brief:
Due to the increased drop rate of Shavronnes Wrappings thus fall in price I'd decided to make my first ever serious Low Life build. Incinerate seemed to be the only skill that was currently worth going Low Life for and has resulted in a build that can clear every map mod as well as farm Uber Atziri.

For a video guide of the build and some gameplay, click here.

For a video of the Uber Atziri run on the 1 month league with all league mods up..

2.1 passive tree

Scion Passive tree - 113 points

Passive Tree Discussion:
- Most of the passive tree is simply getting high amounts of ES, some cast speed and jewel sockets as they're one of the best ways to scale damage for a build like this.
- Some aura reservation is required as well as an Enlighten to run my exact aura setup
- Energy From Within jewel is used in between the Scion and Shadow area to convert that life to ES and gain good ES from 1 jewel slot
- Vaal Pact is quite crucial to the build to leech instantly and survive as an ES character
- The passive tree is a little bit customizable so grab more ES or damage if you want. Essence Surge notable may also be a decent gain in survivability if desired.

Gear:

1month /Softcore character:
Spoiler

In town Dps/Defence stats
Spoiler

Gear Discussion:

Weapon - Consuming Dark - This dagger converts 75% of our damage to chaos which then makes Atziri flasks very effective as leech as well as meaning we don't use Fire Penetration. Wearing a dagger also allows for Whirling blades + Fortify action. This dagger is essential in the build. If you can get a Culling Strike corruption on it that would also be amazing.

Helm - A rare Hubris is best but a Vertex can also be used. I typically chaos my own Hubris helms when needing an ES based helm because it's not terrible hard to do. Expect to sink 100-200 chaos to get a good one though. 300+ ES is what I would say is ideal with a resist or two if possible.

Chest - Shavronne's Wrappings is a must have for the build. The only other option is Solaris Lorica but you would need 5 off colours for it to be viable and that's just too much to ask. Save up for a Shavs and don't play the build until you have it. The only other alternative would be going Infernal Mantle and playing CI until you can get Shavs. CI has its own issues though in terms of getting stun immunity (probably Kaom boots, or Eye of Chayula and getting some mana regen). I personally just wouldn't touch the build without a Shavronnes.

Boots - Lioneye's Paws are the only choice for boots. They give stun immunity when on Low Life and provide us with some much need dexterity and strength. You'll need strength more from them though so get a high str roll.

Gloves - Best gloves are basically a rare ES glove with 150+ ES and some resists. Not an expensive slot unless you're going for 200+ ES and you start to pay a lot more at those levels.

Belt - Rare ES belt with some ES, resists and armor if possible. Pretty straight forward choice.

Rings - Elreon Jewelry is essential in this slot. -8 are must haves and cast speed suffixes are ideal but not essential. Once rich enough, roll 5-20% ES with Elreon to get another decent ES boost. Only thing rings can offer you are resists (you should have plenty), strength, cast speed and ES %.

Amulet - Elreon Amulet is once again essential. A strength base would be ideal but anything can be used. -8 is once again required and cast speed as a suffix is the goal. Same thing as rings though, regal and get ES % from Elreon for 1ex.

Shield - An important slot for this build. The more you can spend the better off you'll be. My current shield is pretty much perfect for the build. You want high ES and high spell power. Resists are a bonus if possible. My shield has 15 implicit and 72% rolled which gives me 10k tooltip (20% of my overall damage). I chaos'd it myself and cost me about 20c so I got fairly lucky.
I'd aim for 250+ ES and high spell power for this slot.

Jewels:

My 6 current jewels, I can only use 5 of them though -

What you're looking for in jewels:
- Projectile damage
- Spell damage with shields
- Spell power
- Damage
- Fire damage (least important damage mod as it doesn't apply to added chaos gem as well, but still good)
- Projectile Speed
- Cast Speed
- Cast speed with fire skills
- Cast speed with shields
- Maximum Energy Shield %
- Reduced mana cost of skills

Gems & Links:

5L ideal chest setup - Incinerate + LMP/Faster Projectiles (swap for the right occasion) + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Added Chaos

6th Link - There is no great choice here. Our 5L setup leaves us with 3 mana cost on Incinerate. Iron Will gives a good 5-6k dps and costs absolutely nothing so I use that. Empower lvl 4 gives 10-12k dps but makes the skill cost up to 7-8 mana which means you'll need to deal with the mana issue somehow. That may mean dropping an aura and using Clarity or more reduced mana jewels or only using Faster Proj over LMP. To me, Empower isn't very worth it so I stick to Iron Will.

Aura Setup - Anger + Blood Magic in Dagger
Haste + Discipline + Arctic Armor + Enlighten in Gloves.

Travel setup - Whirling Blades + Reduced Mana + Fortify + Faster Attacks

Vaal Skill setup - Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration + Flame Golem in Helm

Loose bits and pieces - Righteous Fire + Warlord's Mark + Enduring Cry in Shield.

Bandits - Passive --- 4 Cast speed --- Endurance Charge

A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Dec 11, 2015, 3:09:44 AM
Great guide as always! Currently playing this on the Darkshrine league and its alot of fun!
insane character man, really nice work
Nice Build Mathil! And its affordable with a 5L Shavs. Maybe I will try it in the next league.
DPS is pretty sick mathil im killing things quickly and feel really powerful, thx for the build !

3 short notes:

1. what is your current casts per second / can you post a character sheet from the incinerate dps ?

2. i was able to get 5% reduced mana costs on most of my jewels so i can run faster projectiles as a 6th link; it really feels better because of much larger AOE coverage and gives similar dps as iron will, you might consider that as a 6th link.

3. you dont need reduced mana on whirling blades ! its free already. that means you can run anger/empower/BM/enlighten in a +1gems lioneyes paws and use whirling blades 3L inside the dagger.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Nov 11, 2015, 1:01:54 PM
"
cmphx wrote:
DPS is pretty sick mathil im killing things quickly and feel really powerful, thx for the build !

3 short notes:

1. what is your current casts per second / can you post a character sheet from the incinerate dps ?

2. i was able to get 5% reduced mana costs on most of my jewels so i can run faster projectiles as a 6th link; it really feels better because of much larger AOE coverage and gives similar dps as iron will, you might consider that as a 6th link.

3. you dont need reduced mana on whirling blades ! its free already. that means you can run anger/empower/BM/enlighten in a +1gems lioneyes paws and use whirling blades 3L inside the dagger.

Posted a screenshot in the main post. Just over 21 casts a second.

If you can get god tier jewels like that without sacrificing too much dps yea that'd be great to have faster proj as a 6th link. After looking for decent reduced mana jewels for a while I just kinda gave up and stopped trying to make a real 6th link work.

As for that aura setup... I suppose that could be better but I just couldn't ever be arsed spending 5-30ex on empowers to gain 1 or 2 gem levels. You're gaining 1 less level than you otherwise would since the dagger already gives +1. I suppose that's ideal though. Up to you to perfect the build if you like :)
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
"
Mathil wrote:

If you can get god tier jewels like that without sacrificing too much dps yea that'd be great to have faster proj as a 6th link. After looking for decent reduced mana jewels for a while I just kinda gave up and stopped trying to make a real 6th link work.

As for that aura setup... I suppose that could be better but I just couldn't ever be arsed spending 5-30ex on empowers to gain 1 or 2 gem levels. You're gaining 1 less level than you otherwise would since the dagger already gives +1. I suppose that's ideal though. Up to you to perfect the build if you like :)

Thanks for the quick reply ! Yeah i know, a few more levels on anger wont do much, but hey, it works and i got an empower4 laying around by chance, BM 20 enlighten3 is enough.

So can you tell much how much dps do you lose if you take out your 4 damage jewels? I am currently sitting at 32k tooltip at lvl86 and 20/20inc and 19/20 else gems and i feel like its already enough for most of the content, yet with faster projectiles it feels much faster to clear and also much safer because your flames reach a screen wide. With 4x 5%reduced cost jewels, -24elreon and faster proj as a 6th link i can reach 0 mana cost, therefore dont need to switch gems for half/noregen maps.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
What Jewels were you using in the 1M race?
Quality before quantity.
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Mathil wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply ! Yeah i know, a few more levels on anger wont do much, but hey, it works and i got an empower4 laying around by chance, BM 20 enlighten3 is enough.

So can you tell much how much dps do you lose if you take out your 4 damage jewels? I am currently sitting at 32k tooltip at lvl86 and 20/20inc and 19/20 else gems and i feel like its already enough for most of the content, yet with faster projectiles it feels much faster to clear and also much safer because your flames reach a screen wide. With 4x 5%reduced cost jewels, -24elreon and faster proj as a 6th link i can reach 0 mana cost, therefore dont need to switch gems for half/noregen maps.

Taking out all 4 of my jewels I lose 7.5k dps, down to 40k.

Here are the current ones:
Last edited by Mathil on Nov 13, 2015, 5:52:47 PM

should i use my vaal haste/disp set up in the boots instead and just recolor them using vorici

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info