Lag spikes workaround

Hi there, first of all excuse me for my english!

Like many of you i have huge lag spikes ingame from about 4pm to midnight. I did some research and found out the only 2 reasons why the lag spikes happen are either GGG's server or my german internet provider "Telekom Deutschland GmbH". Two friends of mine have a different provider and dont experience any of this lag issues. In every other game i have a ping of 20-30 and everything works flawless.

So the only way to bypass this interference was to use a proxy server but the problem is if you want to have a good and stable one you probably have to pay around 5$.

Finally i found out about Battleping. It say it lowers your ping up to 50% but well i really dont care about the ping stuff. So they also use proxies wich i was aiming for and as i tried i couldnt believe it really worked for me. I played for 2 days straight and had no longer any lag issues. I constantly have a ping of ~30. The downside is your trial expires after 30 days but its the only way it works for me so why not!! I am even willing to pay for another month (about 5$) if GGG's dont fix that problems (if they are able at all)

So heres what i did:
1. download the battleping client http://www.battleping.com/setup.php
2. install the client
3. follow the setup guide on their website
-> 3.1. launch the tool
3.2. click on "use free trial"
3.3. click on "server" and choose one wich is near to your location
3.4. click "game connection" and it should connecnt.
4. start PoE and play

Im really curious whether it works for you too. Only the game client now is routed through a proxy. Rest of your applications still works on your standard connection. (At least thats how i understand so far)

Please give me feedback if it worked or not. If so -> HAPPY GAMING!
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2016, 12:33:20 AM
ooooooh man.... THANKS!

i couldn't play for a week now, with battleping its so great :o
i also have telekom and im from germany too....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

German:
Alter, echtma danke... Seit ner woche konnt ich nich zoggn mit diesen hessligen lag's.
gibts für battleping kein crack oder so? Wäre mega hilfreich, dann würde ich direkt auf deren server bleiben als bei GGG's höllenserver.

vielen dank =)
IGN; Leacuant
glad to hear that someone can approve :) i kinda was angry and upset because i couldnt play for a couple of day too!

~~~~~~~~~
German: Ging mir genau so, bin so mega oft wegen den laggs gestorben und war schon mega sauer :D
Also was Battleping betrifft weiß ich nicht, ob es eine "kostenlose" variante dazu gibt, geschweige denn, ob es überhaupt erlaubt ist solch ein Thema hier zu behandeln. Also ich bin locker bereit da mal par euro in den Battleping service zu investieren aber sollte sich eine andere "Möglichkeit" finden werd ich sie auch mal kund tun.

Versteh das nicht falsch mit den GGG Servern. Die sind GUT aber es gibt wohl zurzeit noch bestimmte Probleme über die man nichts genaueres weiß. Auf jedenfall leitet dich Battleping lediglich um, du spielst natürlich immer noch auf den GGG Servern. Dadurch wird der Packetverlust über den Provider (Telekom) bereinigt und alle Daten kommen sauber bei dir an (so zu sagen).
Awesome!!! works great down from 1000-3000 ms to 100+-5 thanks dude!
joa hab mir battleping jetzt fürn monat bestellt, vielen dank nochmal
IGN; Leacuant
Thanks! it is much better. but I'm still getting disconnected and some lag spikes.
Not gonna bother with playing when I have to reconnect every 8 minutes, and my plans on buying more stash tabs will be kept on hold for a while.
Last edited by xbar0s120x on Sep 24, 2015, 1:06:46 AM
If your internet provider uses Telia or Telus then they have been having problems, not the server...that's why battle ping works for you, it's connecting to the same server but via a different route.

The problem is still there though, so you should be running the tests support ask you to in the stickies you should be reading before you start posting.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789

Support would then contact those 2 and shove the results in their faces and urge them to fix the problem...or you could do the same to your ISP
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I did the tests with WinMTR and resulted in huge package losses. Many people did but dont got any help at all so like i wrote its not a fix but a workaround wich works fine for me.
using telekom near bielefeld, works for me. Max lag-spike around 190 but average ping is around 40ms, no loss, poe is playable again.

Maybe worth an offical post!
"
PlatinTifa wrote:
I did the tests with WinMTR and resulted in huge package losses. Many people did but dont got any help at all so like i wrote its not a fix but a workaround wich works fine for me.

You know, it's not actually GGG's problem, and despite that they still passed on the test results to the effected ISP's it's not their problem that the ISP's ignored them or took it slow.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info