Last edited by Flapdrol on May 1, 2016, 8:11:57 AM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2016, 7:55:11 AM
[reserved for future update]
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Afaik trigger gems only cast one instance of a spell so the firestorms wouldn't stack (from broken crown for example u get only 1 firestorm). Unless CoD is differen't from CWDT, haven't used it ever, which I highly doubt
Hrrr....the wiki on Cast on Death did not mention it, and neither did the wiki on Trigger Gems.

Modified the build to use combos of Firestorm, Magma Orbs and Fire Penetration instead.

Then I thought, even with flaws the build generally killed everything already. It blew up the Crematorium boss even though we were with two on an Enfeeble map so there is plenty of room for error.

So why not remove some dps and add a bunch of MF gear, as we are going for loot anyway. The result is now v1.1.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 17, 2015, 8:49:37 AM
Clever idea. I think for maximum utility you'd want to get MF on this character.

I wonder if you can get burn on your discharge. Inc crit strikes perhaps and inc burning damage to finish bosses.

Also get a corrupt belt with +1EC.

Too bad this doesn't work on core Malachai with all his phases. :/
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
I added a bunch of MF options.

A corrupt belt with +1 EC is a nice idea. Probably switch the bandits to power charge and this saves three nodes on the tree.

I think Increased Burning Damage is overkill. Most of the time the discharge kills everything, but in the rare case something survived, the firestorms did the rest (and they have now been supplemented by Magma Orbs). As the IBD has to be linked to the Discharge, it takes a valuable slot that is better used by a IncQuantity or IncRarity gem.

On the other hand, this gave me a terrific idea: as I do have mana to spare: why not add Herald of Ash?

If any non-boss mob is close to the boss when the Discharge goes off, the overkill should be enormous, and the boss gets this overkill as a REALLY large ignite.

I feel a sudden strong urge to experiment........

Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Sep 17, 2015, 10:07:05 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:

On the other hand, this gave me a terrific idea: as I do have mana to spare: why not add Herald of Ash?

If any non-boss mob is close to the boss when the Discharge goes off, the overkill should be enormous, and the boss gets this overkill as a REALLY large ignite.

Hehe I had the same idea a while back. Turns out the overkill ignite from herald of ash only works with attacks.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
NikkeTee wrote:
Afaik trigger gems only cast one instance of a spell so the firestorms wouldn't stack (from broken crown for example u get only 1 firestorm). Unless CoD is differen't from CWDT, haven't used it ever, which I highly doubt

Just tested it with broken crown in my hideout: you definitely get multiple firestorm casts if you socket 4 instead of 1 gem into the helmet. So stacking firestorm does work.
OK...the firestorms go back in then.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
hi, any videos?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info