2.0 lvl 94+ Tempest shockwave totem Casualshadowtwentyfourt

So apparently with the buffs, shockwave totem is pretty op again. Makes up for the nerf on conc effect easily. It's also cheaper than ever to get started due to in the past you kind of needed a 6l to use conc, because you also needed aoe gem. Unless you nerfed your dps a lot by using 2x divinarius.

Gear/links
Spoiler

Spec

Stats afk/self buffed

Casual thoughts
Spoiler
Borrowed a 34% maligaro's from a friend for comparison, and lost around 1200 dps in hideout from it, obviously if you have one lying around, can't find a corrupted cast speed facebreaker, and need the dex, you can still use them. I bought my pair for 15c already corrupted with colours I could use, while maligaro's are still 2ex on tempest.

I honestly never ran this build on a 4L, since this character was initially a freeze pulser for first 80+ levels, then an arc/vaal storm call to 90, then after seeing all the shockwave buffs I thought why not, and respecced third time. I had shitton of regrets from previous rips :^). But most likely I'd prioritize it as Shockwave > faster casting > increased aoe, phys to lightning > added fire > crit multi. Even thought phys to lightning is the biggest tooltip increase I think the other ones are far to important for it to feel good. But then again, you can probably just level as flame totem, pick proj nodes, and wait with aoe nodes until high level ;)

You can do any map "smoothly" besides noreg. The Restless ward carries you so hard on -60 regen, I might try carcass in the future if I get super rich and have it + taste of hate (I bought my shitty rolled doedre's for 3c, while taste of hate cost 8ex++), but realistically I will stick to this setup until I rip. If you can, I strongly advise to not combine reflect with fracture, since you have to resummon constantly, it's doable on phys ref, but not worth the effort on ele ref. Dream setup would be the shavronne's revelation ring + carcass, but good luck with that.

If you have played shockwave specs in the past, first thing you will notice is how much smoother it is. When you have enough gear, you don't even have to stop to use enduring cry, nor ice spear because your doedre + restless ward keeps charges up. (stole the doedre's idea from hegemony btw)

If you happen to have op dex gear, you can actually use haste aura over herald of ash + Arctic armour for a decent dps/clear speed increase on low maps at least.

Toying around with conc swapped for aoe gem, I get 60k in hideout. But I never bother with it in maps. Aoe is just too good to pass up. Might try to get an empower at some point
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Sep 1, 2015, 4:39:56 PM
Looks awesome. 57k per totem with charges up is pretty insane; I wonder how much you'd get with a level 21 gem.
What would you prioritize on jewels? Cast speed or critical chance? Maybe something else? Thanks.
"
Rockstopper wrote:
Looks awesome. 57k per totem with charges up is pretty insane; I wonder how much you'd get with a level 21 gem.
What would you prioritize on jewels? Cast speed or critical chance? Maybe something else? Thanks.

Thanks :). I think it's roughly 3,5-4k more with 21 gem, will try to get it at some point.

On jewels there's several combos you can use:
-Life
-Area damage
-Physical damage
-spell damage
-spell damage while holding a shield
-totem damage
-global crit
-spell crit
-global crit multi
-spell crit multi
-cast speed
-attack and cast speed

So when I bought mine I pretty much aimed for life with whatever that I can use, but is not best in slot for flavour of the month (cyclone, incinerate, flame totem, poison arrow). Which means I mostly searched for life + cast speed with either area, or phys damage to hopefully snag something cheap.

Bought 2 more jewels that I will most likely end up using whenever I get the levels
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Spoiler

hit 96!

Got some nice 21 gems now + empower4, sitting at 51,1k in hideout 75,1k self buffed. Also yolo exalted some of my jewelry, and armour on the belt.
5,7k hp 2,2k es. Damage honestly feels a bit overkill, so might just drop the facebreakers for some life/es/chaos res gloves, and try to get a better dps amulet. Would like to end up with roughly 6,2k hp 2,6k es with 70k tooltip for most balanced character.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Sep 12, 2015, 8:51:09 PM
why restless ward? what's so good about that?
I'm lvling with this and going for your final tree.

Loving it so far.

Just going with 2x Lifesprigs and Fire Totem on one, and Lightning Tendrils on the other with faster casting and lightning/fire penetration.

I'm on A2C right now, so far so good, I'm about to reach the 2x Totem node, I'll keep updated and I'll try to use 2x Shockwave totems and let you know how it goes.
"
kompaniet wrote:
why restless ward? what's so good about that?

Very decent amount of mana regen. With my setup currently, 1 totem cost 169 mana to put out. So while a carcass might look good enough to substain a 5link farming blue maps or dried lake, once you get to endgame, you will need more than the 1,8% life regen you can get with the tree unless you want to drop MoM completely. Yes, there's some workarounds, such as vaal clarity, vaal discipline, aura nodes/enlighten 4 for discipline, shavronnes ring or a really good hybrid chest + arcane focus cluster.

But you also get to use the doedre's flask for frenzy charges, which is a substantial dps boost, and charges in general is very easy to keep up without stopping to cast.
I was a bit skeptical about the flask at first since loosing hp on hc is not always that smart, but once you get high chaos res, it's no big deal.

Seriously, give the chest a try. Just because it's not popular fotm item doesn't mean it's bad. Once upon a time people looked at lightning coil and said: "lol what a shit item, you get shocked and die faster."

"
RXXQ wrote:
I'm lvling with this and going for your final tree.

Loving it so far.

Just going with 2x Lifesprigs and Fire Totem on one, and Lightning Tendrils on the other with faster casting and lightning/fire penetration.

I'm on A2C right now, so far so good, I'm about to reach the 2x Totem node, I'll keep updated and I'll try to use 2x Shockwave totems and let you know how it goes.

Glad you're enjoying it :). I realize leveling dual totem as a shadow is kind of a pain. I don't really know how good the nerfed lightning tendril is, but I think flame totem + most likely quality ek is the best way to go. You can take the proj + phy,crit route at shadow start, and pick up spellcrit/hp nodes as you go.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Sep 14, 2015, 1:01:05 PM
what do u think about using voidbringer gloves ??
"
CosmicEye wrote:
what do u think about using voidbringer gloves ??

Pretty sure the es gained on kill works similar to on proc effects like heralds on totems, so that means only time it will proc is when ignite from added fire/herald of ash crit kills a mob after the totem is dead. So, while they might work decent on a 5link with good es gear, it will only hold you back endgame since you can't really work out the drawback.
[quote="Hilbert"]
[/quote]
could you do some setup of CWDT and all that kinda things? i really wanna know how your link all that is?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info