[2.0]Low life-freeze pulse fever witch.

*Before we dive in,lets get some things out of the way.The theme of a build is as important too me as it's functionality,something that's thematically pleasing as it is too play,just something too keep in mind.also this build uses pricey items such as shavs and other items from 10-15c up too 2ex
cheaper options and alternatives will be mentioned as they come up*

What is a fever witch?
Spoiler
A fever witch is a es based non crit option for spell casters tired of making crit builds and looking for something a little different while not giving up the option too solo medium-high level maps.
Since this build doesn't use crit,it scales it's damage with %spell damage/elemental damage,cast speed,and flat damage.Build uses defensive options such as the druids oath keystone with % life regen and ghost reaver for sustain,enduring cry,molten shell,vaal discipline and enfeeble too keep physical damage and damage in general too a low.Build also makes full use of it's giant unreserved mana pool too increase it's damage further.

Passive tree
Spoiler
Bandits
Spoiler
Normal-kill all,Cruel-kill all,Merciless-Kill all

lvl-70
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAv4EBw18DkgQWBEPES0RLxFQEZYXLxdUGmwbJRzcHU8fAiKBIvQo-ilPKwosnC0fL28yNDLRNblCw0VHRtdLrkwtTLNV1lZKVylXyVxrXfJfKl9qZOdmnmwLbRlwu3GFcg90VXvXfIN_xoCkgpuCx4RIjDaMdo48jxqP-pMnlQSaO548nqGnK6yYr5u1BLb3tzG4k8BmwcXDbdDQ1abZE9lb34TfiuQi6QLr5Ovu7BjtPPfB99f56PrS
level-87

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAv4EBw18DkgQWBEPES0RLxFQEZYW8xcvF1QabBslHNwdTx8CIoEi9CSwJjwo-ilPKwosnC0fL28vnTI0MtE1uTsNQsNFR0bXS65MLUyzVdZWSlcpV8lboFxrXfJfKl9qZOdmVGaeaPJsC20ZcLtxhXIPdFV713wOfEt8g3_GgKSCm4LHhEiMNox2jjyPGo_6kyeUb5UElnSaO548nqGnK6dVrJivm7UEtoa297cxuJPAZsHFw23Q0NWm2RPZW9-E34rkIukC6rrr5Ovu7BjtIO087-v3wffX-ej60g==
Decision making
Spoiler
this spec aims too get some of the better spell damage nodes on the tree like celestial judgment,retribution,heart of ice and elemental dominion while picking up sovereignty and influence for auras.it also goes out too pick up mana and %life regen for druids oath.It picks up 3 jewel sockets and a cast speed cluster too the right of the starting area of the witch while picking up as many notable es nodes on the way.

Thoughts and stats
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler

lvl87
Aoe dps with lmp-26,348.5(five-link)
single target dps with lmp-swapped with added cold-36,997.9(five link)
cast time-0.22
mana cost with lmp(5 linked)-114
mana cost with lmp replaced with added cold(5 linked)-104
life-928
mana-1471
armour-752
damage reduction-7%
evasion-465
chance too evade-7%
maximum energy shield-5518
energy shield recharge per second-1710.6
energy shield recharge occurrence modifier-10%
mana regen per second-164.1
energy shield regeneration per second-303.5
cannot be stunned-yes
fire resistance-75%(109%)(merciless)
cold resistance-75%(141%)(merciless)
lightning resistance-76%(127%)(merciless)
chaos resistance--50%(-50%) (merciless)
chance too block attacks-22%
freeze avoidance 100%
lightning damage reflected too melee attackers-1-250
movementspeed modifier-18%
cold penetration-5%

Thoughts
Spoiler
i have done a ton of mapping with this character and there are very few maps or map mods i haven't been able too do.With slower regen over 20%,extra damage that's not elemental,and map bosses with serious chaos damage being the main thorns of the build while mapping.but overall i really like how it turned out,fun too lvl,and fun too map with.their is just something about playing a build that requires you too sacrifices things like your life or your mana for benefits that made this build all the funner too play.

How it's made

Spoiler

The build uses freeze pulse as it's main spell for it's excellent base spell damage at it's higher levels and it's 100% pierce chance.That combine with it's chill and freeze effects from the cold damage make it easy too control a large crowd.
Now that we have our spell we will go over some key items and some keystones that make this build what it is.
Gems
Spoiler

*Note Build needs at least 111 dex and 155 str too use all gems listed effectively.
Discipline-more es is never a bad thing.
Vitality-build runs druids oath so this is alot of regen.
clarity-build needs as much mana regen as it can get.
herald of ice-for the added cold damage and the better aoe it gives our pulses.
enfeeble-too reduce incoming damage,used with cwdt
flame dash-this builds mobility skill,great mobility for only 1 gem slot worth of commitment.your able too dash up ledges and escape some pretty nasty situations.
flame golem-gives more spell damage and also acts as a nice distraction too take off some of the aggro.
vaal discipline-pretty much a panic button if things get nasty quick,or if you want too finish off a boss quickly as it allows you too facetank for a bit.
molten shell-this build has low physical resistance so this is a nice way too help with that,on top of that it also deals a ton of damage on explosion.
enduring cry-another way too help reduce incoming physical damage,it's also a solid heal for the build thanks too druids oath.

Keystones
Spoiler
Pain attunement-this is why we go low life in the first place,it gives 30% more spell damage.
zealots oath-it allows regen too work on es.This does a few things,makes ground effects cause by map mods or by creature mobs a joke,it also helps sudo deal with elemental reflect mobs and gives us some nice sustainability inside maps in general
ghost reaver-life leach applies too energy shield.again too help with sustainability and combined with our %es regen allows us too facetank alot of damage or just deal with reflect easier
Key unique's
Spoiler
this is needed too stop us from being 1 shotted by chaos damage while on low life.if you can't afford a shav's a solaris lorica unique works just fine and only costs about a couple of chaos.i used a solaris until i was able too afford a shavs and was able too do 68,69and some 70 maps just fine with a little over 3.3k es.

This allows us too run the majority of our auras and a level 20 clarity while taking care of the "35% or less life rule we needed for pain attunment.sorry this one is needed as this build needs a high level clarity and it's not possible too run it and the rest of the auras without this shield

this wand has everything we need,some spell damage,large amount of cast speed,and flat chaos damage which becomes very important too this build later on.you can easily just buy a high spell damage wand until you pick this one up.

this jewel is one of three jewels this build uses,the raw spell damage on this is amazing and the mana regen is more then needed,and this combined with apeps and the next jewel are the reasons we don't reserve mana in this low life build.

the name sake of the build,not because of the strength of the jewel but in it's function.trading mana for power.in this build though 29% spell damage is nothing too sneeze at and thanks too a clear mind we have all the mana too support these costs.

the last jewel this build uses is one that i see very few people using,this one jewel gives 40% chaos damage in the jewel socket north of the witch starting area.that's comparable too a whole chaos damage wheel worth of skill points in just 2 points.combined with apeps/added chaos damage gem,and the last key unique this build uses it's really strong.
this build runs 2 of these so i have it up as much as possible,thanks too this builds large amount of %spell damage/elemental damage that 15% is a large number that gets added as added chaos damage and with the eldritch jewel and the 10% chaos damage from the added chaos damage gem that number only gets bigger,1 swig adding 4-5k dps by it'self.the flask also gives a nice 2% life leech thanks too ghost reaver
Remaining gear
Spoiler
i run cold doryani's for the extra elemental damage,str bounus,solid resists,built in leech,and the 10% freeze during flask effect is nice for how often we actually use our flask

i actually really like this helm,you can easily swap this helm out for one with more resists and es,but i like the extra damage,the str,mana and with the 10% all resists make it a keeper for me.

gives you stats which this build really needs,and makes sure you don't get stunned because of your low life.

because freeze is based of your life this really helps by putting a stop too it.some people run remove freeze flasks instead but this build gets extra use out of the mana and regen as i need much of both as i can get.

with the rares name of the game is highest es you can get with resists stats you need and mana.

again highest es you can get,movespeed with resists,stats if you need them and mana.
with the ring slot you need cast speed and es with resists,mine was rolled with cold damage so i just crafted on mana.
Gem sockets
Spoiler
4linkFreeze pulse,then spell echo for the amazing cast speed,Then faster projectiles for the damage and the projectile speed,then i would use lesser multiple projectiles for the aoe with the added cold damage switch for single target
5linkpretty much the same as the 4 link but with added chaos damage
6 linksame thing but we actually add added cold damage into the chest with lmp and just swap lmp with cold penetration for single target

put the discipline,vitality,and clarity gems in here for the huge discount on mana reservation so we can run level 20 clarity and bump up discipline for more es.

we run enlighten,blood magic and herald of ice.we run blood with herald here because it's the only way too run a level 20 clarity with the other 3 auras

just put the movement skill flame dash,flame golem and vaal discipline with faster casting here for quicker movement and less downtime on summoning the golem.

enduring cry and molten shell linked with faster casting and increased duration too reduce the downtime too recast both skills also too strengthen the heal from enduring cry
cwdt enfeeble for safety and lazy reasons.
Flasks
Spoiler
the mana flask with reduced recovery is pretty important for the build as it allows me too keep firing away if a mob pack is really dense or if i'm going up against a boss.planning on switching the mana flask with one that removes bleed and give the curse immune too what ever elemental flask i need too carry
how it comes together
Spoiler
with all that's been said the build ends up with a ton of straight up damage,with 26k aoe and 37k single target but that's only with a 5 link,and my flat damage skills at 19.with a 6 link and max lvl gems i can see this build getting somewhere between 28-30k aoe dps and around 40k single target dps.And those numbers are not counting in the flame golem buff or when you are using the atziri promise flasks.

With 5.5k es(you could have alot more if you swapped helms/belt with es versions)you have a solid amount of es and over 305es regen per second.which means if you are keeping your molten shell/enduring cry up you shouldn't be dying too mobs and with atzirs flasks and correct spacing elemental reflect mobs are more annoying then dangerous.
Most of the time with bosses and exiles you have enough regen too face tank with atzris promise up and just empty your mana pool,and with vaal discipline you can do this even better against those high damage low health exiles and bosses as a few seconds is all you need too finish them off.

Few quirks you need too be aware about,one is that though you do have enough mana/regen too go from pack too pack fairly easily,you do need too be aware of your mana pool during dense packs or boss fights as it's easy too get lazy and forget and end up dying from the lack of life steal because you are no longer covering the incoming damage.
Also this build does rely on our high leveled molten shell and enduring cry for physical reduction so just spend the half second it takes too put them both up and be more safe then sorry.o and don't forget enduring cry is also a strong heal thanks too druids oath so just spam whenever it's up or if your taking damage from poison/bleed.
Only thing left too mention is too make sure your using atziris promise as much as possible,as it gives the majority of life steal and a massive damage buff.
Last edited by LostCody on Aug 28, 2015, 6:52:04 PM
*Updated with info that should have been in the first post.
Nice. At last some non-crit focused build. I this still viable with Ice Spear (FP IMO looks crappy, IS looks badass, so Iam looking for some IS witch now)?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:
Nice. At last some non-crit focused build. I this still viable with Ice Spear (FP IMO looks crappy, IS looks badass, so Iam looking for some IS witch now)?

i haven't tried it with ice spear,but i guess everything would still work the same mechanically.
only difference i can see being the play style difference of the two spells,and you would want too swap out faster projectiles with cold penetration,and you might need too go gmp wih ice spear too get more coverage.
but other then some support gem swaps,and a little different playstyle it should work just the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info