[2.0] High leech and regen incinerator - 65% block, MoM, GR, EB

Well this is just my theory-crafting for the "fixing" of my broken character - I was brainlessly following one pre-2.0 guide created for spectral throw... which wasn't the brightest idea. Anyway, after checking few current builds I reorganized gear and tree to go for incinerator with cybil's paw and MoM, GR, EB. It was going quite smoothly through all of the content till act 4 Piety on Merciless - with her and every next boss I was being one-shoted constantly which didn't look too good. I am level 67 at the moment and still lack many things I planned in my build so maybe I should just level a bit before going there but to be honest I started to doubt my defensive capabilities for end-game content. So I just wanted to ask for some evaluation of my plan and maybe tips to improve it (or just totally scrap if it suk).

This is just a theory and not fully tested things for my char.

Gear
Spoiler

Since I am casual player
Spoiler
or just just like to play the game for fun and not to "farm endlessly to build my perfect char".... and as a small bonus have some time for "life"
I plan on using quite cheap stuff:

- cybil's paw -> for great life per hit bonus and very nice dmg bonus from block

- blood dance -> for generation of frenzy charges and life regen

- rare shield -> it must have around 300 shield, high block. Maybe it is not really uniq but it is essential for the idea behind the build as it will be our main, or maybe even only, source of ES
Spoiler
check mechanic

- 5 link belly of the beast / cloak of defiance -> I am still not sure which will be better but in both cases we are using them to supplement what our passive tree is lacking with their bonuses - life passives of MoM - so it's just change to the passive tree construction. It is 5 link just for it to be cheaper, but even with 6th link I would probably just put item quantity/rarity gem

My current Gear
Spoiler

No blood dance and quite meager chest, used just for 5-link. Shield is also just semi-good for this build. So quite far from perfect.

Skills/linking
Spoiler

5-link:
Incinerate - GMP - Life leech - spell echo - fire penetration

3 link:
Whirling blade - blood magic - fortify

3 link:
Tempest shield - chain - blind

3 link:
cast when stunned - molten shield - summon flame golem

Maybe also this

4 link:

Cast when Damage Taken Level 1 - Ball Lightning Level 1 - Firestorm/Glacial Cascade Level 1 - GMP

Auras:

Grace, Determination, Arctic Armour

Rest: Enduring cry and some Curse like flammability - for faster clearing

Passive tree:

Bandits:
Spoiler
40hp, skill point, frenzy (life regen and dmg)

Jewels:
Spoiler
We just want 3% extra shield defence to get to 65% the rest should probably be life.

Mechanics:
Spoiler

Ok, so since the most important thing in this game is "staying alive" we will start with that.

- ~4,5k+ life and ~2k+ ES which with MoM gives us ~6,5 effective life points

- 65% attack block and 32 % spell block

- 50% less chance to hit from blind (10% to inflict per block)

- all type mitigation: 20 % (fortify) + 16% (endurance charges from enduring cry)

- Physical mitigation: 13 % (arctic armour) and around 50% of both evasion and armour (current gear provide it up to 70 level maps)

- fire mitigation 13% (arctic armour)

- high leech from cybil's paw and life leech-GR-supported incinerate

- around 9% life regen with frenzy charges up so 405 for 4500 hp

Thanks to GR, leech gem and bonus from cybil's paw, incinerate gives us steady flow of both life and ES. Although it is proportional to the number of enemies so it's better to not be fully dependant on it. For sensible With passives to shield defence from the tree, for which we are going anyway to get some block, and ES bonuses we get way past 4-times multipler to our ES from shield so our mere 300 ES from shield goes up to much more than 1500. With 20% limit for leeching per second 1500 is neccesary to get at least 300 Es per second (assuming your dps is high enough) and with 5 linked incinerate we easily get to 270 ES pers second. Taking one ling with -8mana to cost of skills might be nice to lower that but since we are using MoM we want to have quite a lot of ES anyway (and 1500 is not really very high one)

For dmg part we get 2,23 increase from passive and cybil's bonus alone, plus fire penetration, spell echo and bonus from frenzy charges we easily get ~22k dmg per second for each enemy in the range of the skill

So... what do you people think ? Is it a good plan or will turn out to be total crap ?
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Aug 25, 2015, 8:21:08 PM
BTW, this build is based mainly on the ideas and mechanic from this one
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291120/page/1

It also takes idas from few others but this one was my base. I will include some theretical pros and cons with comparision to this one later on.

You will have some serious problems with this tree. You have only 97% increased life on the tree, and your ES will barely support MoM/EB. Compared to the build that inspired this one you are missing almost 100% hp from tree and a lot of damage and ES nodes trading it for 0.2% life regen and 20% projectile speed.

Jewels can have 1% block chance not 3%, and you cant get 4.5k life with this in cheap gear. Also 2k ES is not easy to get with this tree and required uniques, getting both life and ES impossible.

You invest a lot in aura nodes that dont really do much for you, practically nothing without Alphas, and even with Alphas Howl you dont gain anything from that 4% reduction in Leadership cluster.

Since this is a try to salvage a char i know you cant really optimize perfectly but i dont think this will work well, or at all in higher maps. Dont know where you are in the tree atm, but you could try to respec again to trololo dual wielding cybils acro/pacro, or invest even more currency and try to follow the standard block/MoM/EB/GR build. If it would cost more than 1EX to respec again i would scrap the char.
Last edited by Ignjat on Aug 28, 2015, 2:54:20 AM
"
Ignjat wrote:
You will have some serious problems with this tree. You have only 97% increased life on the tree, and your ES will barely support MoM/EB. Compared to the build that inspired this one you are missing almost 100% hp from tree and a lot of damage and ES nodes trading it for 0.2% life regen and 20% projectile speed.

Jewels can have 1% block chance not 3%, and you cant get 4.5k life with this in cheap gear. Also 2k ES is not easy to get with this tree and required uniques, getting both life and ES impossible.

You invest a lot in aura nodes that dont really do much for you, practically nothing without Alphas, and even with Alphas Howl you dont gain anything from that 4% reduction in Leadership cluster.

Since this is a try to salvage a char i know you cant really optimize perfectly but i dont think this will work well, or at all in higher maps. Dont know where you are in the tree atm, but you could try to respec again to trololo dual wielding cybils acro/pacro, or invest even more currency and try to follow the standard block/MoM/EB/GR build. If it would cost more than 1EX to respec again i would scrap the char.

To start of, it is theorycrafting so I am sure it's bound to have many flaws, thats why I really appreciate every comment.

The version with 97% of life is considered to be taken with with belly of the beast, so the final life increase is 40% higher around 140%:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Belly_of_the_Beast

I know I am missing lots of ES nodes but that's why I replaced the original uniq shield with very good spell block with one with higher ES, around 300. This make me much more prone to spells but its just necessary to make MoM, EB and GR combination work - with this passive tree I get 360 % increase to shield defences, 40 % of ES increase from the tree and 250 intelligence, which gives another 50% ES increase, it totals to 450%. So this 300 from shield goes up to 1650 - with even better shield, but more expensive, lets say with 400 ES we would get 2200. 1650 should be enough for this combination to work but this setup gives some room for improvement later on.

With the jewels I know they only come with 1% so I was thinking about using 3 of them from the start.

The aura reservation nodes sum up to 20% reduction, it's not just leadership cluster but also charisma and influence (although it's just 1 node from it). I already have them so I was thinking how to use them. But it seems that determination and grace are not so efficient with this setup - even after disabling them I didn't see much difference in gameplay. Maybe anger, haste and arctic armour would be better here. I still need to check it:

https://poe.mikelat.com/#uNDZ7s/iBbMzGd

But giving these nodes up might make room for few more life nodes so maybe I will go that way.

Also I was thinking what could be used for 6th link and had some nice (or at least I think so) idea. Hypothermia gem gets you almost 40% more dmg with the highest gem level. But how can we make incinerate build chill or freeze enemies ? If we use this gem in combination with Vaal cold snap - after getting enough souls for it at the begining of map with the next pack you attack first with vaal cold snap which freeze everything around you and chills ground for 10 sec, then use our flamthrower on them. We need 32 souls per use so, let say, with two of them we can use it every 16 mobs. If we link it with curse on hit we can easily curse everything around us with it. It seems so nice that I am trying to build new tree without any need for either belly of the beast or cloak of defiance and go with tabula rasa for chest. Also it would go really well with Vaal Caress, for onslaught buff, but getting one cost around 1 ex so it might be good to get it only as a nice addition later on, and probably only in standard.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hypothermia

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Caress

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Cold_Snap
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Aug 28, 2015, 9:23:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info