+3 fire staff crafting

Given that the information provided to master-craft the +3 fire staff seems to have numbers that others are not able to match, provided here is an alternative method that could be less costly.
Original instructions (n.b.: 72 mirrors is off by an order of magnitude):
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hht78/so_this_is_how_we_managed_to_accumulate_72_mirrors/

"
+3 6L staff
Take any iLVL 55 staff.
1. master mod a suffix, regal a prefix until you hit +2 fire (35 regals and scours on average)
2. remove the suffix so you are left with a single stat rare +2 Fire
3. Multi Mod , No Cast, No Attack, Flat mana
4. Exalt Paragons (As it is all that can be added)
5. Remove mods
GG you now have a 6 Link +1 Gem +2 Fire 2 property 6 link staff sell for 35 - 50 Exalts

Complaints:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hwgbk/370_regalsscouring_used_2_fire_on_my_6l_staff/

The rate to roll +2 fire is either 1.534% or 1.16%, I’ll go with the latter. Since a regal can roll a prefix or suffix, the probability would be half of that. It would take an average of 119 regal/scours at 50% confidence, 238 at 75% confidence, or 395 at 90% confidence. Granted, if you craft an item that is exactly item-level 55 you will have a higher chance to roll since the higher level mods cannot be rolled.

Edit: I came up with 2 alternatives; however, both do not work. If you want to see why they don't work, it's in the spoiler below:
Spoiler

Given that you can scour the suffixes with a level bench for 2ex, you’ll probably save currency using that method; however, you might have a potentially unwanted prefix with your +3 staff.

Alternate method 1: (edit, might not work, see note below)
1. Alt spam until +2 fire (best if there is no suffix, but if there is it can be removed later see below). It should take 118 alts at 75% confidence or 197 at 90% confidence. A bit more if you are unlucky.
2. Regal prefix. If it's a suffix you'll need to scour start over or remove the suffix (see below)
3. Continue with instructions posted by woods above (ignoring the part about crafting flat mana since you’ll block your ability to exalt +1)

Total cost: ~200+ alts, 1 regal, 3ex, 5 blessed, scour. You can then re-add multimod and craft the suffixes you want.

Alternate method 2. (Edit: this might not work either)
1. Alt spam +2 fire (with or without a suffix)
2. Regal suffix (if you get a prefix, scour and start over)
3. Add prefixes cannot be changed (2 ex)
4. Scour (not on the bench). This will remove all the suffixes. (Edit: this will probably turn the staff blue, ruining this method. Sorry).
5. Continue using Wood’s instructions.

Total cost: ~200+ alts, 1+ regal(s), 5 ex, 5 blessed, 2 scours. (Add 2 more exalted orbs if you want to multimod 2 suffixes)

Another alternate method was posted by SisterShaniqua which is fairly similar but will cost about 2 ex more (2nd link above).

Happy crafting (at least until this method gets nerfed).

Edit: alt method 1 might not actually work as added mana is probably neither attack or caster, and this could roll with the exalt. However, alt method 2 with a regaled suffix should work. Staffs with item level exactly 55 might be better off with the regal method? I guess it will depend on if you can hit +2 fire on the regal in less than 2ex worth of regals.

Edit 2: I think neither method will work due to the issues I wrote about above. Rip regals :(

A method that should work without regal spamming has been posted on reddit both in SisterShaniqua's post in the 2nd link above and by someone else in the link below:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hxej6/3_staffs_more_deterministic/

Here's SisterShaniqua's method
"

1. Alt spam until you hit a single +2 fire affix.
2 regal (must pray for a suffix, otherwise start from step 1).
3 Craft "multi mod" (2ex) and "prefixes cannot be changed" suffix (2ex)
4 Master craft some garbage prefix(es)
5 Scour [not on bench], gets rid of all suffixes. You will have a +2 fire staff with some master crafted prefixes
6 Remove master mods, you end up with a rare staff with only +2 fire.
7 And then you can proceed to multimod+prefix can't change + suffix can't change, and all that business you normally do...

You to add multimoding to add the extra prefix to keep the staff from turning from rare to magic in step 5 so it will cost 4ex more than regal spamming (I missed that in the method in the spoiler above, but fortunately caught my mistake). Whether it will take 4ex worth of regals to get +2 fire is the question. I'm not sure about the number of alts needed but probably in the range of 250-400+ to roll +2 fire only.

Probably the best way is to get the div card that gives a 6-link staff and turn it in using a lvl 55 character. That way you can regal spam without rolling any of the higher level mods.
Last edited by vikroda on Aug 22, 2015, 11:18:47 AM
Last bumped on May 26, 2018, 10:23:09 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The searing touch is probably better than a +3 fire staff.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Searing_Touch

"
Sogolon wrote:
The searing touch is probably better than a +3 fire staff.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Searing_Touch

Not for raw dps, compared to +1 lvl empower in a +1/+2.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Aug 21, 2015, 8:21:20 PM
I would like to know why this is in Feedback and Suggestions.

Are the mods still sending anything they want to hide to this subforum? And if not, move it out, it has no place here.
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Are the mods still sending anything they want to hide to this subforum? And if not, move it out, it has no place here.

My bad. I was going to post in general discussion but I figured a mod would move it. The only other subforum I read is this one so I posted it here. After I posted I realized it might have been better posted in one of the other forums. Though I agree that the mods move many discussion that started in GD here this post wasn't one of them.

Edit: the original post contained an error, which I noted and corrected. Hopefully no one lost a craft due to this.

Edit2: I think the 2nd method won't work as when you scour you'll end up with a blue +2 staff instead of a rare +2 with no other mods. Sorry. I linked a method that will work without regal spamming but it will cost 4 more exalts than regal spamming. Whether you will save 4 exalted orbs worth of regals is the question. Some people were not able to get it in 100s of regals while others reported not needing many.

Edit3: Revised OP to make it more readable. Spoiler section contains methods that don't work.
Last edited by vikroda on Aug 22, 2015, 11:19:30 AM
How strong are those +3 staves? I only know the SRS build gets benefit from the +3 staff, but what else? Can someone explain?
These rolls do exactly what they say. They add +2 to level of fire gems and +1 to level for all gems at the cost of using a staff/bow and giving up 2 prefixes.

Every gem with the right tag ("fire" in this case) will get the benefit. Check the wiki for specific gems to see if it's actually worth using a staff/bow over something else.

Also this thread is 3 years old and your question belongs in here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-discussion
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

I would like to know why people get so triggered over the stupidest shit. Who fucking cares, let the mods worry about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info