Race Questions

Do all players face the same map in Decent? Same mobs? I assume that drops are RNG minus the curious chests and such. What about in the other races?
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Same map? Map layouts are different for each player. The tile sets and the choice for paths (in Descent: Champs) is the same for everyone.

Same Mobs? The mob types are the same per zone, but the density, and rarity of the packs are random.

Drops? Yes drops are complete RNG. There are the provision chests in Descent and Descent: Champs. These are the same by Zone and Class (Example: All Witches in the Stormy Ledge will get the same items from the chest).

Other Races:
Endless Ledge, you start with a provisions chest and the same monster types on the first ledge. After that complete crap shoot for drops, and mobs, but the bosses per ledge are the same.

For all the races which take place in the normal game world (act 1, 2, etc.) it is like the normal game. This means the race will have random layouts, with a pool of monster types per zone (fewer possible monsters in normal and more possibilities in cruel and merciless).

The exception to this is Fixed Seed races, "All instances of a given area have the same area layout, for all players. Also the minimap will automatically be fully revealed. Multiple Race Events will regularly have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same in all the races of a fixed seed set. This includes all Signature events."
Cool thanks,

I was wondering because on yesterday's Decent I saw people dying before I had finished gearing up and then the first thing I ran into was a mob of blue porcupine goliaths. That's what got me wondering if everyone had to fight them or if I was just lucky.
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info