[2.0] 6 Curse Double Whispering Ice Scion Support (Video Added)

Brief guide to my take on VOC's Hexacurse scion.

Here is his guide:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832132

Pros:
Spoiler

+Powerful crowd control
+Massively buff your party's Survivability
+Heavily reduces damage of all mobs
+Party members gain all 3 charges through killing cursed mobs (50%~ chance for each charge per kill)
+Heavily buff party members' damage through offensive auras and offensive curses
+Become sought after for mapping ;)

Cons:
Spoiler

-Deals zero damage
-Sustains only through life pots and life regen
-Leveling is difficult
-gear is relatively expensive and not super flexible

Explanation:
Spoiler

Using 2 5l6s Whispering Ices, I am able to weapon swap after a single cast of icestorm and get my second set of curses instantly applied. This allows me to have a level 4 enhance linked to all my curses and still have super easy and fast application. Increased duration nodes allow me to icestorm a couple packs, and still have time to weapon swap and instantly apply my 3 other curses. Many curses scale very effectively with quality so enhance is a huge buff.

Gear:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

Gear Explanation:
Spoiler

Double Doedres, windscream, and a +1 curse amulet are required to make this build work so we rely on our rares and jewels for defense and res! High life, armor, and res are the stats we are looking for. Dex/int/str don't hurt either! If weapon swapping isn't your cup o' tea you can use corrupted asernath's with vulnerability on hit!

Quality is insanely strong on temporal chains so I recommend going dual whispering ices.

MY current curse setup is: CoH-temp chains-enfeeble-eleweakness-enhance | and | CoH-Ass Mark-Poacher's Mark-Warlords Mark-Enhance.

High res and life aren't present on many of our unique items, so jewels and res nodes play a major role in filling out our res. Kaom's Heart provides a huge HP pool to scale off of.

I have just enough mana with a 4l of anger-wrath-generosity-lvl3 enlighten to continuously cast icestorm without any mana issues! I also run a level 7 clarity on life which is hardly noticeable to deal with less regen maps. If level 3 enlighten isn't an option a few aura nodes will do the trick.

Potion wise, you are going to want 2 quicksilver flasks of adrenaline so you can stick slightly ahead of your party so you can curse enemies right before your allies attack them. Then 1-2 instant flask(s) and an %armor granite to round it off.

Skill Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4EswthDF8NHw3NFCAYVhhqGS4aPhynHM4c3B2-J-0o-ikuK1AzhzWSOuE8BTwoPC09_D8nQYdFnUrITeNQR1NSU6VXDVgHWGNZbV8_X5hoZWh0aPJ4L3vDfLh85X31ggeCx4Lkg1-DzIqvjM-PGo9GkBGUoJrgm6GcvqIAplenCKyYrY2vbK-ntz64k768wGbE9sauzzLPftIh2E3Yvdlh2XzaYtrd6-7vDu988B_xrPJB8kXzm_ZI99f56P4K_lT-jw==

Skill Tree Explanation:
Spoiler

Life, armor, regen, and jewel nodes are the biggest priority for this tree. I would start off by grabbing life nodes and grabbing the curse nodes once all the gear starts coming together. The jewel nodes should be taken after you get the jewels you want to use! No reason to have them sitting around empty. Diamond Skin (15% all res) is a great node to take if you are having trouble capping res, especially if you are using vuln on hit asernaths.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Oak, point/cast speed, point/endurance charge

Defensive Stats:

Short Weapon Swap Demo at Merciless Docks (Low quality using laptop)
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP3vuWA0uwM

I will upload a more complete video including high level mapping in a few days.

I am more than willing to listen to any sort of constructive criticism as this is my first attempt at a guide! Cheers!
Last edited by downhilldemon on Aug 14, 2015, 1:53:58 PM
edit: nvm I am stupid. delete please
Last edited by eXecut1on on Aug 13, 2015, 6:06:08 AM
edit: well the reason for my post is gone ^^
Last edited by ComMcNeil on Aug 13, 2015, 6:06:44 AM
He has 5 armour pieces and 176% increased on tree.
"
sherkhan wrote:
Not sure how you get armor so high on the defensive screen. Are you pumping a Granite for that shot?

With an %armor granite flask I get to about 20k armor and 66% physical mitigation
I haven't done this build, but I map with downhill and it makes ALL map mods a breeze!
Hi.saw ur build while i am doing my social/goverment service and i have been looking builds for my whispering ice and corrupted azenaths in tempest. This is really interesting build and i am really impressed to see hexa curse build for whispering ice. Too bad ur gear is really expensive but u got me few ideas for my incoming support/solo build. I would like to hear your opinion how you would do this build with corrupted eleweakness azenats. It looks like ur life is coming from kaoms and gloves. Using azenaths would be maybay too risky without kaoms. But i really like ur idea. I will wait to see some in game video.
"
Zizzuz wrote:
Hi.saw ur build while i am doing my social/goverment service and i have been looking builds for my whispering ice and corrupted azenaths in tempest. This is really interesting build and i am really impressed to see hexa curse build for whispering ice. Too bad ur gear is really expensive but u got me few ideas for my incoming support/solo build. I would like to hear your opinion how you would do this build with corrupted eleweakness azenats. It looks like ur life is coming from kaoms and gloves. Using azenaths would be maybay too risky without kaoms. But i really like ur idea. I will wait to see some in game video.

For your situation, you would only use 1 5l6s whispering ice. I would run curse on hit - warlords - poacher's mark - Assassin's Mark/Vulnerability - Enfeeble. Since you are tempest, I would drop the auras and run MoM for a lot of extra tankiness. I would aim for 1000 mana so you may need to pickup a few mana nodes. If Kaom's is too expensive you can pickup any high life armor chest, since links aren't needed in your chest.
Short video added!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP3vuWA0uwM
Last edited by downhilldemon on Aug 13, 2015, 7:32:56 PM
Nice guide and videos !
IGN @VOC

See all my reddit posts (even the shadowbanned ones)

https://www.reddit.com/user/minescsm/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info