[2.0] Facebreaker Cyclone Scion *HARDCORE/TEMPEST* - Extremely Cheap!

Hi,

since i play Hardcore only and most builds here aim for the highest DPS possible or clear speed in standard i have something else for people who want to give Tempest/HC a try. Before anyone asks - yes we have to run Abysuss in Hardcore but it wasnt a problem for me at all until this point.

This build is ultra cheap and beginner friendly aswell.

Leveling is super easy with this build and you will be able to faceroll Merciless difficulty and lower level maps (up to 74-75 easily) for the price of a few Chaos. Can't say much about 75 cause i was not able to sustain 75+ maps at this point in Tempest. My focus isnt that much on mapping atm since i enjoy rerolling/trying out new Characters Builds too.

Current Gear:

Spoiler

Current Stats:

Spoiler

5.098 Life atm + 327.3 Life Regen per Second

21k DPS - for lower level Maps you could probably Swap out Fortify with Melee Physical Damage and get way over 30k DPS but i just love Fortify too much.

~15k Armour

~30k Armour with Granite Flask

Leveling:

Spoiler

Essential Leveling Gear:

Facebreakers - Foxshade - Meginord's Belt - The Deep One's Hide Studded Round Shield

The Ezomyte Peak Iron Hat provides some Incr. Physical Damage aswell and can have its use.

I have leveled with Motlten Strike until Level 16. Then i switched to Facebreakers and used Infernal Blow with Melee Splash. Once you equip Facebreakers your damage is through the roof in relation to the content you are farming so it wont be an issue at all. Once you reach Level 28 you can start Leveling with Cyclone.

Be aware that the build will be mana intensive until you are able to run Blood Magic so you might not be able to run Hatred until later.

Gems & Links

Spoiler

I assume it wont be hard to get a 4L Chest at Level 28-30 ish when you can use Cyclone but ill guess a 3 L would look like this Cyclone + Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit + Meele Phys/Faster Attacks .. depending on your Damage. Life Gain on Hit is worth it if the 2% Leech you get isnt higher than the LGOH but you have to try that out.

4L - Cyclone + Life Leech/LGOH + Meele Phys/Faster Attks + Fortify

5L - Cyclone + Life Leech + Faster Attks + Fortify + Meele Phys/Blood Magic

6L - Cyclone + Life Leech + Faster Attks + Fortify + Meele Phys/Concentrated Effects

Picking up a 6L is fairly easy becuase you can use 4 R + 2 G or 3 R + 2 G + 1 B

Meele Phys is probably ideal because Concentrated Effect makes your range smaller. I use Conc Effect because thats the cheap 6L i picked up had a blue socket :P

Bandits:

Spoiler

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn but even the Skill point is fine when you can get a Jewel from that 1 point
Merciless: Oak

Passive Tree:

Spoiler

A few words to the tree. Initially i branched out into the Shadow/Ranger Nodes but i quickly found out that its simply not worth it and just hinders the survivability of the build and i respec'ed around 20 points.

I am not really that happy with the resist nodes at the Start but i need to use them atm because i only have a Corrupted 6L with barely any resist. Since we are running FB and Abyssus we need all the resist we can get.

I suggest getting the Duelist nodes first - Master of the Arena + Art of the Gladiator are essential for any Cyclone build. You can also grab some DMG + Life nodes there. After that i'd get Resolution Technique as fast as possible and then the Templar Nodes Sanctity, Retribution and Amplify. From there you can get the Heart of the Warrior Nodes and then pretty much get all the Life/Armour and DMG nodes in the Marauder tree you can get.

I'd wait for Iron Reflexes until you have around ~8-10k Armour or so.

I suggest going for all the Jewels you can get early aswell (If you are able to buy good Jewels). If not save these for later.

Passive skill tree build

What makes this build so cheap?

Spoiler
I bought the 799% Facebreakers later on and they are absolutely not needed to make this work. You can pick up 700%+ Facebreakers for a few Chaos in Tempest. I bought 721s or so for 2c.

Rings/Amulets with Added Phys Damage are fairly cheap aswell and lots of people underrate and underprice them.

I used a 4L Foxshade and the deep one's shield way into the 50's. You can buy a Foxshade for a fuse/alc same goes for the Shield. As soon as you are Level 60 you get the Abyssus and it will double your DPS! Since its considered to be "risky" to wear it in HC its dirt cheap aswell.

A corrupted 6L Armour Chest can be bought for 20c aswell depending on how flexible you are with your Skill Gems. You can use 4 red + 2 Green aswell and just use Meele Physical Damage instead of concentrated Effect.

If you take full advantage of poe.trade you can get an extremely powerful build for ~30-40 Chaos (under 1 ex) incl a 6L Armour Chest.

How are you able to survive with Abyssus?

Spoiler

Lots of Armour + Fortify. Enduring Cry provides additional Regen. You will barely notice your health drop unless you take big hits but then IC saves you anyway.

CWDT + Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Incr Duration is probably the best defensive setup in the game + you have insane amounts of regen/life/leech from the passive nodes.

You can use Chaos Golem aswell for additional phys dmg reduction.

Reckoning + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun is also amazing. Full Mobs 1 shot themselves since my Reckoning has almost 9k DPS.

Note:

My Gem Setup is far from perfect and i'd like to run a Curse on Hit Setup with Enfeeble. The Decoy Totem isnt really needed but it can come in handy for Strongboxes or other stuff. Also the added Fire Damage is a waste. I have no clue why i have that in my FBs lol.

Feel free to ask questions or criticize my build since its my first.

I might have forgotten something crucial so i might update this later.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by NoRegre7s on Aug 18, 2015, 11:53:24 PM
*reserved*

you can also Whisper me ingame @BrokeBitch if you have any questions.
someone messaged me and asked me about the Bandits. Added them.

Enjoy.
Can u add some Videos?Atziri mb.
Hey, nice build! I'm running it with decent success so far. Would you mind adding a prioritized gem section? Like which gems to use with cyclone early on with only 3/4/5 linked items. Would be awesome!
"
Angruth wrote:
Can u add some Videos?Atziri mb.

I am not convinced that i can kill Atziri at this point and since its in Tempest i dont really want to attempt it.

"
Iceshare wrote:
Hey, nice build! I'm running it with decent success so far. Would you mind adding a prioritized gem section? Like which gems to use with cyclone early on with only 3/4/5 linked items. Would be awesome!

Hey! Glad to hear.

I've added a section for that. You can be fairly flexible with your Gem Setup in a 3-6L imo.
What jewels u recommend?
Another question, if u dont have items with Evasion Rating why u get Iron Reflexes? No Evasion Rating no bonus armor im right?
Last edited by Fedega on Aug 15, 2015, 3:32:41 AM
"
Fedega wrote:
What jewels u recommend?
Another question, if u dont have items with Evasion Rating why u get Iron Reflexes? No Evasion Rating no bonus armor im right?

I mean you get some evasion through dex/levels and stuff.

I just tried it out. Removing IR leaves me with 7k Armour. Spec'ing it gives me 11.3k if i then turn on grace im at 14.2k Armour so i'd say IR is well worth it.

As for Jewels i'd use stuff like this:

Warlord's Reache gives you +1 range which is really nice but i dont use it atm.

I'd look out for Life, Attack Speed, Meele Dmg, Incr Dmg, Meele Phys Dmg while holding a shield.

My Jewels are far fom perfect but they cost me 1-2c each and are doing their job :P.

Thanks for the updates on links very helpful! So far i got to act 2 on merciless and my chaos resistance is at -60%. Just wondering how you're handling chaos dmg?
"
Iceshare wrote:
Thanks for the updates on links very helpful! So far i got to act 2 on merciless and my chaos resistance is at -60%. Just wondering how you're handling chaos dmg?

My Chaos Damage is at -51 or so because i have random 9% Chaos Resist on Gear somewhere.

Generally a lot of people run -60% Chaos Damage its just something you dont cap but its ofc always nice to find an item that has additional Chaos Resistance.

If you look at my Flask Setup i use a Seething/Bubbling Life Flask with Instant Recovery on all my Characters + your Life Regen/Enduring Cry deals with most of the Chaos Damage fairly well.

If know you will run into Chaos Damage (like in the Weaver Fight) or during certain Maps like Spider Lair and such you can run an Amethyst Flask if you want to.

Other than that its Hardcore so skip and avoid certain Stuff - Risk vs Reward.

The Quarry Map Boss deals Chaos Damage and i havent tried to kill him yet. Its just the Hardcore Playstyle :P.

So before you get into Mapping try to watch some Boss Fight Videos and educate yourself about whats potentially dangerous and wwhats not and dont go in blind because 1 mistake sends you straight into Standard :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info