Empire's grasp+Bleed+Cyclone / The "Blackhole Knockback"

Greetings players!

This is my reversed knockback cyclone build I call it "Blackhole Knockback"
Technically a mooving vaal cyclone with bleed and no cd.

When i started to play POE i wanted to make a really unique build without even reading or copy any other!
i seen some potency in the knockback node but until awakening it wasnt a viable option for melee,only a drawback
but here it goes! now with "empire's grasp" and the jewel sockets its possible to reach 100%

So the point in this build is,if you hit something you grab and carry it with yourself.
-The faster you moove,the more bleed damage you do and at 100% knockback chance nothing gets left behind,even with quicksilvers
-If any melee mob hits you,everyting around you is pulled in!
-If any ranged mob hits you,you get flame dashed behind it,and also everything pulled in!
-if anything hits you,gets the double curse.:more phys dmg+more bleed dmg+more attackspeed

Passive Skill tree

Important nodes / Items.:

Resolute Technique - Blood Magic - Unwavering stance - Iron Reflexes - Fending - Bloodletting - 6 sockets

20/20 Knockback gem +54%
Fendig +18%
5x6% jewels +30%
Total /102%

jewels.:

5x jewels with 6% knockback and pure dmg.
1x strenght to int jewel.

Gear.:

Doedre's damning (i plan to get a decent +1 curse amu to replace this)
Empire's grasp
Disfavour

VIDS!.:

i know the quality is not perfect,and there is some lagg,i will fix it in the future

Piety Temple Map

Piety with cwdt flame dash

Sallazang

Detonate Dead variation

Gorge Speedrun

Skillgem setup.:

-6L Atziris's Disfavour.:

Faster Attacks+Melee phys dmg+Life Gain On Hit+Fortify+Knockback+Cyclone

If you can afford get an another Disfavour,its way faster aoe clear for - weak/big/magic mob packs
i personally dont like to replace gems,they should be good how they are.:

Cast on Melee Kill+Detonate Dead+Life Gain On Hit+Fortify+Knockback+Cyclone

-Empire's Grasp.:

Lvl 1! Cast When Damage taken+Shock Nova+Ice Nova+Flame dash

(because of the flame dash your character becames totally uncontrollable,unpredictable and FUN!)
Nothing can kite you! as you take one hit,you get teleported behind it,and this wont interrupt the cyclone!)

-4 L.:

Vengeance+Curse on hit+Vulnerability+punishment

-4 L.:

lvl20 Cast when damage taken+Blood Rage+increased duration+Leap Slam

-6L Body Armour.:

LVL 1 Cast when damage taken+Knockback+Ball Lightning+Arctic Breath+lesser multiple+greater multiple

PROS.:

-Marauder/Scion/Duelist compatible
-Extremely fun and easy to play
-High DPS
-Somewhat Tanky
-Mobile
-Can kill most of the bosses without being hit or taking damage
-Endgame viable
-Double curse
-Cant be kited
-Can do all map mods
-Need to press only ONE button

CONS.:

-Extremely relies on gear,jewels and skilltree
-Wont work without 5-6 jewel sockets
-Wont work without a bleed weapon (disfavour)
-Hard to get intellect
-6 links must have a leveled+qua knockback
-No auras
-Hard to find the border btw taking enough dmg and dying
-Cant kite
-Knockback immune/stationary bosses takes more time to kill
-If you dont press the ONE button,you die

Ideas,opinions are welcome!

Last edited by godlesskoti on Aug 12, 2015, 1:37:36 AM
Last bumped on Jul 12, 2016, 1:44:41 PM
Video links are updated and working how they intended to.
I highly appreciate the help of /KRUX/ fixing the stuff :)
lvl 77 volcano full map run video inc
Why do you close profile :( i need see item you >.<
why would u get uwavering stance? you cant get stunned anyways when cyclone. ur basiclly giving every mob resolute tecniqe + the ability to crit you

im doing simular build, but didnt find ur guide untill now. but i use kaoms (7k) hp + 8 endurence charges ( 90% phys reduction )

i use cyclone in the gloves tho, got more than enough dps to kill trashmobs + magic packs. for bosses and elites i use heavystrike + melee phys + bloodlust ( they bleed from cyclone ) + melee dmg on full life ( got good lifeleech so always full life in 1v1 ) + faster attacks + multistrike ( sometimes swapped with added fire )

would like to see your gear.
That's the funniest i've ever seen, very nice and clever build!
Last edited by Vaagur on Oct 26, 2015, 2:07:20 PM
With the new nodes for bleeding and dots in the duelist area, I'm trying a setup with 1h + shield with the Jack, the axe unique.

I have just hit the level 65 and tested the build with 95% knockback chance and Jack, the axe for a few minutes but it works well. Merciless Piety was a breeze but Dominus was a lot more hard as I couldn't move him.

With the 2.1 update, I'm experimenting with the following changes from your build:
- No bloodmagic : Cyclone's cost do not increase anymore and you get +2 additional mana per level
- Blasphemy + vulnerability, I still don't know if i will take determination aura or one or 2 more curses
- 1h axe + shield : more tanky, less DPS. I don't know how it's compare to your 2H build DPS wise.
- A modified skill tree, this is a lvl 78 tree with some room for health or damage for upper level.

I m thinking about adding Rapid Decay gem as 5th or 6th link. This seems to add nearly 40% more dot and the reduced bleed duration is not a problem as we reapply bleed constantly.
Trying a similar build now with 2.2 and the duelist. Lots of block/bleed options with ascendancy.

this came around as I was trying to find a flavor build for my Wrath of Entropy. here's my current build:

For Ascendancy currently plan on using Outmatch and Outlast, Painforged, and gratuitous Violence. Still testing quite a bit. An alternative would be to go with Champion for the extra run speed and direct damage. want the bleeds for now though. the extra explosion damage is just icing on the cake.

Pros:
1) WoE allows for extra safety via the block, as well as heavier emphasis on elemental/chaos damage means less reflect.
2) added damage/speed bonuses from DW aspect helps
3) simply looks cool

Cons:
1) KB isn't 100%. Counting on more attacks/sec to counter this. We'll see how it works out.
2) less physical damage means less physical leech. counter this with second curse.

Plans are to use Vunerability/Warlod's Mark to assist in leech. Still up in the air on Blaspheme as a gem, or to use Heretic's Veil for the bonus Blaspeme + reduce reservation (allowing possibly a herald or arctic armor pending needs). downside to heretics is it's energyshield/evasion, and I can't use my abyssus. we'll see how damage output is closer to end.

I opted out of perma-fortify. I plan on using whirling blades/leap to cover this. so my gem setup won't be as heavily dependent on CWDT (I get burnt out on that gem anyways).

Vall Ground Slam could also be an interesting addition to this. Not sure how it would synergize with cyclone.

Not looking for this to be an OP build, but an interesting flavor option to take advantage of my near perfect WoE. I'm sure you could sub in whatever weapon you choose, you'd just have to alter the lower tree a bit (perhaps drop the DW and pick up a 2h hub up by maurader).
Last edited by Temjiu on May 5, 2016, 2:12:06 PM
update pls
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info