2.0 Aegis block Facebreaker (budget)

build

The idea of the build is to stack a lot of block chance with the aegis aurora unique shield so you can gain back your ES to be far tankier than you look. The idea of going for the facebreakers is that it is a very cheap item than can give you a lot of DPS.

The build as I have it now is 100% self found, except for the aegis, that i paid 2ex for. taking this build into endgame can get expepnsive when upgrading flasks and jewelry, but it relys mostly on uniques for its DPS and survivabilty.

pros

-Cheap
-Tanky
-good clear speed
-versatile skill choice
-can't die to titty bitches

cons

-Hard to get res
-Not GG dps

tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEhwUtBjkM9w3NFCAUTRiRGj4aVRv6HM4elCXfKS4rUC_MMk426D0PPfxAoEZpR35NRlBHUWBVqVcNWGNfP2EhYuxlTWhlagFyqXTtdn92rHk5eu97jHy4fNl-4H7iggeExITZhO-HKYzPj5mXtJ5Xns2kGacwqZWsr62Nr6e2LLaKvJ-9Nr6nwL_BgsQVxPbG2MqQz37SIdlh2XzaweRR6Ubp1eoY7w7yL_JB8wbzm_ZI9zL7qvxL_lQ=?accountName=mastadoom4&characterName=MastaSwordy

This char is only level 72, but for my next few levels I am grabbing the duelist start nodes.

gear

This is the gear I am currently useing

I still have room to get better gear, I would like to upgrade my chest piece to a 5l saintly chainmail, Getting better jewelry would also be good. I would also like to add a Rumi's and a taste of hate to this build to get more DPS and become tankier. Also with the Rumi's I could then swap out my Granite flask and put in an atziri flask for more DPS

Instead of useing the anvil, you could also use
to give more all around block chance.

gems

As for the gem setup, I am currently using cyclone, but this build doens't really care what gem setup you use leaving it up to you to use what you want.

As for auras, I use hatred and HoA for DPS, that leaves 25% unreserved. There isn't much you can use for 25% other than AA or the heralds. I use AA because teh heralds don't seem to add any significant DPS. Although I'm useing cyclone and don't get that nice damage reduction from AA (you will if you use something otehr than cyclone) I get the chilled ground to slow enemies I pass through.

Stats

I don't have any images of my stats, but my cyclone is sitting at 12.7k DPS with all my auras on.

As for defense I have capped res (not over capped for ele weakness though), ~50% physical damage reduction, 65% block chance, 16% spell block, and of course the powerful 2% of armour gained back as ES on block.
Last edited by mastadoom4 on Aug 10, 2015, 3:11:31 AM
I changed a bit your three.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecEhwSzBS0GOQthDPcNzRQgFE0YkRo-GlUczh6UK1AvzDJONug8BT0PPfxAoEZpR35NRlBHUWBVqVcNWGNfP2EhYuxlTWhlaPJqAXKpdO12f3aseTl673uMfNl-4H7iggeExITZhO-HKYzPj5mXtJ5Xns2iAKcwqZWsr62Nr2yvp7aKvJ-9Nr6nwGbAv8GCxBXE9sauxtjPftIh2WHZfNrB5FHp1eoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfMG85v2SPcy-6r8SyFgdPEppRm0LYMVIAkz0TbiLP5U

Went up in templar area , removed some armor node for block node. Ideally you should aim for Rumi flask.
WHich will almost cap your block.

Iron reflexes is if you want to use Carcass jack which is a nice armor (ev+es)

As you are running on blood magic you should reserve 100% of your mana.

Herald of ice + Herald of Ash + Anger or Haste or determination or grace (if iron reflexe)

and you could use reckoning,vengance does not work with facebreaker anymore :( , with curse on hit for auto cursing and also life leech or life gain on hit for more survivibility

in your case you should link cyclone with conc effect instead of increase of area or swap in also for 6l you should include faster attack which is very good with cyclone = more hit

your iron ring is very good and the other is just missing life
"
ffogell wrote:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecEhwSzBS0GOQthDPcNzRQgFE0YkRo-GlUczh6UK1AvzDJONug8BT0PPfxAoEZpR35NRlBHUWBVqVcNWGNfP2EhYuxlTWhlaPJqAXKpdO12f3aseTl673uMfNl-4H7iggeExITZhO-HKYzPj5mXtJ5Xns2iAKcwqZWsr62Nr2yvp7aKvJ-9Nr6nwGbAv8GCxBXE9sauxtjPftIh2WHZfNrB5FHp1eoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfMG85v2SPcy-6r8SyFgdPEppRm0LYMVIAkz0TbiLP5U

Went up in templar area , removed some armor node for block node. Ideally you should aim for Rumi flask.

Herald of ice + Herald of Ash + Anger or Haste or determination or grace (if iron reflexe)

and you could use reckoning,vengance does not work with facebreaker anymore :( , with curse on hit for auto cursing and also life leech or life gain on hit for more survivibility

in your case you should link cyclone with conc effect instead of increase of area or swap in also for 6l you should include faster attack which is very good with cyclone = more hit

drop herald of ice and anger and use herald of ash and hatred it will give you more DPS and 25% mana left for bloodrage, golem, flamedash
Write random stuff here
"
RunMyWay wrote:
"
ffogell wrote:

drop herald of ice and anger and use herald of ash and hatred it will give you more DPS and 25% mana left for bloodrage, golem, flamedash

yes sorry you right hatred and herald of ash is a priority (i had my build in mind lol)
lol looking at ur gear, Whats ur current life? 2500? Bleed will rip you apart with abyssus, ur in standard but how many times have u died
Last edited by Fakepott on Sep 22, 2015, 6:47:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info