Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.0][Warbands]North2's Triple-Curse 180KDPS Pure RF Marauder

Hi, this is my first guide here so bear with me.

I see a lot of iterations of RF here but none that utilizes the new item:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Scorn(Can anyone tell me how to name this hyperlink?)

This adds a tremendous amount of damage to any curse-based RF setup and it should not be passed up, should you go this route. There aren't many options out there for Helm/Boots in RF builds, and I believe they far outweigh rares in those slots.

Pros

-Super Cheap, only Windscream and Rise of the Phoenix required
-Big Room for Improving Gear
-EIGHT jewel slots for customization
-No damage reflected
-Three Curses and EE for Fire-based parties

Cons

-Can't run no regen, blood magic, -resist
-Minimum of lvl65 with lvl17 Purity of Fire required

This is a completely DPS-dedicated build for RF and shaves off a lot of corners. Note that without high enough Purity of Fire, you'll degen HP so you'll have to put more points into Regen nodes until it gets to lvl20.

You could also go the tanky route, which is way more ideal for reaching lvl100. I think this skill tree with great gear can find a good middle ground of speed and safety by dedicating all 8(!)jewel nodes into heavy defense.

Gems

6L: Cyclone--Curse on Hit-Flammability-Ele Weakness-Vulnerability-(Fortify)

You can move Fortify over to Leap Slam too, but a fair warning that our Leap Slam is really slow so it won't feel smooth playing it. It is a good secondary option until you get a 6-link though. If you feel you have way enough damage and not enough tankiness, you can also simply keep Vulnerability on manual cast somewhere.

4L: Righteous Fire-Increased AoE-Conc Effect-Increased Burning Damage

4L: Vaal Molten Shell-Fire Pen-Increased Duration-Vaal Molten Shell

My Vaal Molten shell at lvl20 does 8906-12916 damage on my tooltip PER HIT. While certain bosses that can't be tanked are a bit of an achilles' heel, all the rest just blows up virtually instantly.

4L: Purity of Fire-Vitality-Empower-Enlighten

3L: Chaos Golem-Minion Life-Vaal Summon Skeletons

Vaal Summon Skeletons can be good in certain situations, but it can also be really detrimental when used with Vaal Molten Shell. You want things hitting you while Vaal Molten Shell is on you, and VSS is completely counter-productive in that sense. It's all trial and error to figure out which is good in which situations (most of the time, Vaal Molten Shell is the correct choice)

3L(Option 1): Flame Dash-Faster Casting-x

This can be a good place to keep your Vulnerability on manual cast if you don't have a 6-link on your chestpiece.

3L(Option 2): Leam Slam-Faster Attacks-Fortify

As mentioned earlier, this is a good secondary option to apply Fortify.

Gear

The key items are Doedre's Scorn and Windscream. Doedre's by itself gives 80% damage increase once they're cursed...and they're dirt cheap. I bought my 20%damage doedre's with 4-link for 2 chaos.

Ideally, you'd want to get an additional curse from a corrupted amulet and an additional curse on hit from corrupted gloves.

Note that I'm prepping my new character up so my gears are trash in certain areas. I mean...I'm wearing a Tabula Rasa, I've got 6 gems that don't do anything for my build, I have Dex just to level Faster Attacks and my Chaos resistance is -20% lol. I can still mow through lvl75 maps even with this gear.

Flasks

These flasks aren't optimal, but I'm showing it because a high-DPS RF build will kill mobs so fast that you can run -40% regen maps with this setup(I still recommend rerolling it if it's blue). You can also start using RF a little sooner if you don't mind having to juggle around your potions with a setup similar to this.
www.twitch.tv/Sushin for various games, generally laid back
Last edited by North2 on Aug 8, 2015, 2:23:49 AM
You'll lack life/mitigation, both mandatory for a melee character isn't it ? Still can be glass canon i guess.
Last edited by Poimu on Aug 7, 2015, 2:52:35 AM
It's a matter of what you want to do. The DPS is high enough that I can spin through trash mobs in lvl74 and they die without me having to look back. When I had my good gear I was able to run through all the lvl75 maps without dying at really fast speeds.

I'm pretty sure this build absolutely cannot do Atziri though, because of lack of life/mitigation as you said. It's just good at fast clearing maps.
Your Gear/Flask Section is a bit "broken" :)
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
lol ty :)
Yous sir wear a ton of rings(could you fix gear so i can see links please D:)
Last edited by Gratti on Aug 7, 2015, 3:28:42 PM
I dunno why the links keep breaking
Watch me use this build with trash gear steamrolling through mobs and getting randomly one-shotted by chaos damage :)

www.twitch.tv/RNorth2

Feel free to ask and chat in stream
Last edited by North2 on Aug 8, 2015, 1:25:48 AM
Vaal Molten Shell + Elemental Equilibrium actually lowers your damage while Vaal Molten Shell is blowing up due to hitting mobs with fire damage.
Can you make a highlight or something on twitch of this build please? ty in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info