[2.0.x] Cespia's CI Non-Crit Ranger HC/SC Viable

Hello, my name is Myles and I've been playing Path of Exile since the closed beta, I love doing off-the-wall builds and I've never written nor followed a build guide for this game before. I enjoy trying to make builds that utilize under appreciated unique items and I've been having a lot of fun with this ranger build. So, I'm here to make a guide for others to follow and hopefully have as much fun as I had building and playing this character.

Firstly, let's get the skill trees out of the way so I can explain the mechanics of the build better.

Level 25-30 tree

Level 45-50 tree

Level 64 (The level to switch to CI) tree

Final Build tree

Gear
Weapons
Spoiler

I use both the Lioneye's Glare and the Chin Sol bow for damage. I don't have crit so the critical chance is not a concern. I use Lioneye's Glare with Lightning Arrow-GMP-Life Leech-Physical to Lightning-Chain for mob clear, the effect of lightning arrow shooting down three lightning bolts on hit applies on the chained lightning arrows as well which makes up for the lost damage from chain and GMP. I picked lightning arrow because lightning damage nodes were attached to the planned tree and it just seemed to work well. With the conductivity curse shocking becomes very apparent in clear speed as well. The first lightning arrows will shock a mob then the chained ones get 50% increased damage.

The Chin Sol is for my single-target damage. In it I have Puncture-Trap-Physical Projectile Attack Damage-Slower Projectiles-Point Blank. The puncture trap is incredibly useful because lightning arrow loses it's damage with fewer monsters to hit. In combination with shock from lightning arrow and the vulnerability curse, this thing is a boss murderer. I have barrage in another item that I use with GMP for knockback. Once the enemy steps on the trap, I run up to them with my Chin Sol and fire away with barrage.

Armour
Spoiler

As you can see my armour isn't the greatest because of my lack of currency in this league. However I manage to get ~8.4k ES with this stuff.

Jewelry
Spoiler

Once I have the money to get a decent ring with ES, Mana Regen and some resistances, I'll be dropping the belt for an Auxium and dropping the Dream Fragments.

The Reason I Made This Build - Quiver
Spoiler

I run two of these quivers, one for each bow so I don't have significantly more ES with one bow than the other. The fast ES recharge start this quiver gives allows this build to play CI without ghost reaver for a few levels, as long as you play relatively safe and know when to get out.

Cost
The gear I have along with my jewels cost about 3ex worth of currency. I'd consider it a budget build, but 3ex may be a lot of currency for some people. Most of that currency was spent on the 5L bows.

I used the Energy From Within unique jewel in the jewel socket beside the ES wheel which gives me 12% increased ES and transforms the hybrid life/ES wheel just above it into purely ES.

I may post videos of this build in the future, I am currently only level 78.
I will be playing this build exclusively for the next little while on my stream at www.twitch.tv/Cespia if you want to get a better idea how this build plays and if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Thanks, Cespia.
Last edited by mildouse on Aug 4, 2015, 12:52:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info