Marketplace tileset pedestals blocking projectiles - PIC INSIDE

These pedestals (the ones that the statues come down off of when they are aggro'd) block projectiles. Why? I can't think of a single reason why this should be the case, it makes very little sense from a gameplay perspective and absolutely zero sense from a design perspective, on top of being crazily annoying. Please fix this.

I really hope I'm the first person suggesting that this be changed, because if you are aware of this and it's actually intentional, then there really are no words that can adequately describe how wrong I think you are for keeping this in the game.

I was tempted to post this in the bug forum, feel free to move it there if you do think this is unintended.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by sym on Aug 1, 2015, 11:58:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
to the front ->
Last edited by sym on Aug 26, 2015, 9:28:21 AM
to the front ->
to the front ->
ggg doesn't seem to care
"
raxleberne wrote:
ggg doesn't seem to care

Maybe it's just weekend?

Also, maybe by design.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Yeah these are the same little pain in the ass things all over certain tile sets of maps such as this one that they can be almost invisible with a bunch of packs surrounding you and you catch on one of those little bastards while Cycloneing on say.. your COC Discharger and you stop Leeching and basically are stuck there a for a second before you realize it and BAM! DEAD!

They also can make Whirling Blades a real pain in the ass to use on these particular tile sets as well!
If they were little more noticeable it would be nice but i figure they are there for that reason.. something to have to be aware of when running in these particular areas! Ive got really used to working around it with WBs but Cyclone i still run into it quite often! You just have to always be looking for it cause it can get you killed especially if you depend on leech and on hit effects!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:

got stuck by whirling blades few times in walls of harvest area, had to log out of game each time
Last edited by raxleberne on Aug 2, 2015, 11:37:41 AM
"
raxleberne wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

got stuck by whirling blades few times in walls of harvest area, had to log out of game each time

I mean in the right situation it is the equivalent of getting stunned!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
These pedestals also block line-of-sight for skills which is quite annoying.

I have a suspicion that the blocking is unintentional (but who really knows), as the Imperial Gardens and Hedge Maze statue pedestals do not have these blocking/collision issues.

What is certain is that there is inconsistency with statues/statue pedestals' implementation. Large statue pedestals don't have blocking issues, only the normal sized ones, but not all normal sized pedestals have blocking issues, only certain ones, such as the ones in the Marketplace, Solaris Temple, and Sceptre of God.

It would be nice if all of the statues/statue pedestals behaved consistently. Ideally, I think that pedestals should never block line-of-sight or air-based projectiles, but air-based projectiles should also not be able to pass through inanimate statues.

Currently, it appears that, in order to not allow air projectiles to pass through inanimate statues, which is logical/realistic, the statues' pedestals must block projectiles and break line-of-sight for skills, even after statue animation, which is annoying and unrealistic; and in order to remove the annoying blocking issues of pedestals, the inanimate statues must lose their logical ability to block air projectiles and line-of-sight for skills. So, it seems that there is a realism/logical versus gameplay/QoL tradeoff with the current statue/statue pedestal implementation. GGG might have to do some re-working in order to get the best of both worlds.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info