[2.0] (SC) BM, Dual Curse, EE, Explosive Arrow Scion.

Alright, so i've seen lots of people playing BM EA scion and I wanted to show you guys the right way to do it. This is how you wreck endgame maps without breaking the bank.

This build is made for SC, but I'm sure that with a few simple changes ( Vaal Pact + Life Leech gem) you can play this in a HC setting.

Pros & Cons
Pros
Spoiler

Crazy damage, especially late game
High Clear speed
6k+ HP
Doesn't need expensive gear to work
Versatile

Cons
Spoiler
Not reflect immune ( can survive ele reflect rares with or without rubys, but a pack of thorn flesh or Thorns will rip you if you're not careful

Passives
Spoiler
This is my current tree at level 89 in Warbands. EE is a huge damage boost, the dual curse is a no brainer. If you ever get a +1 curse ammy, you could drop the curse passives and spec into burn which then will allow you to one shot bosses.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA3UDlgSzBg4J9gthDjwUTRRxFm8YVhhqGJEaOBpsJKolvCcvJ-0o-iqNNtg26TpSOlg64TsoPAU8LUGHRtdJG03jVcZYB1h3WfNfBGBDY_1mnmh0aPJuPXGFcg9yqXaseC965nvDfNl85YIHgpuCx4MJg1-DzIPbj0aQVZErlKCYrZo7m12boZ2un9-iAKZXpwiomqyYrKqvbLc-vJ--gMT2xq7PftR82E3Yvdl82mLbT9-_4MPhc-Nq6hjsVe0g73zwH_Fs8kXyl_cy99f46_no-tL8S_4K_o8=

Gear
Spoiler
Requirements
Spoiler
Quill Rain is BiS for this build ands it's a 1c unique

Hyrri's Bite is also a 1c unique, but I would suggest spending an Ex to get the Additional Arrow mod. The additional arrow lets us drop GMP/LMP which gives us an extra link and no damage reductions. Believe me, the Inc AOE gem is more than enough to one shot packs. It also allows us to use a Kaom's heart so we don't need another EA for single target, our damage is good enough to destroy bosses.

Blood Dance, give an easy way to maintain Frenzy charges that help sustain high EA cost.
Endgame Additions
Spoiler
Aside from 5L/6L your Quill Rain and getting a +1 Arrow Hyrri's, here are some other additions that make the build shine.
Devoto's devotion is also another BiS unique for this build, it offers attack speed, tons of Dex, and movement speed, all of which this build needs

Kaom''s Heart is easily BiS, especially if you have a +1 arrow Hyrri's Bite. You can still use a Rare chest with life and res, or you can use other unique chests like Carcass Jack, and Belly of the Beast, but i would recommend spending a couple more exalts and just get the Kaom's
Rares
Spoiler
For the most part,all you need on your rare gear is life and res and maybe some attributes like Int and Dex. You can get Attack speed on gloves, Fire damage on rings. But one thing that is necessary is added lightning or cold damage on one of your rings or amulet.

Links
Spoiler
Quill Rain
EA, Inc AOE, Fire Pen, Slower Proj, Faster proj ( if u got Add Arrow), Culling Strike / Chance to ignite / Life Leech
Curse setup
CoH, RoA, Flammability, Enfeeble / Ele Weakness
Vaal setup
Vaal Haste/ Vaal Grace, Inc duration, Blink arrow, Frenzy ( for single bosses)
CWDT
CWDT, Ball lightning/ Firestorm, Chance to Flee, Blind. Molten shell sucks, don't use it.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Last edited by squurellkiller on Jul 30, 2015, 6:46:06 PM
I see how you are using EE to get better damage on your Explosive Arrow since you're not using the currently most popular setup of GMP + EA + inc AoE to overlap explosions and clear packs but since you're not using Elemental Proliferation along with your high single hit damage and high ignite chance, I don't see how you are clearing faster than a GMP + EA build or an Ele Prolif EA build (it still works but it's slower)

I think that going EE without GMP is actually reducing your clear speed if you're not using Ele Prolif to benefit from that higher per hit damage.
"
Vadler wrote:
I see how you are using EE to get better damage on your Explosive Arrow since you're not using the currently most popular setup of GMP + EA + inc AoE to overlap explosions and clear packs but since you're not using Elemental Proliferation along with your high single hit damage and high ignite chance, I don't see how you are clearing faster than a GMP + EA build or an Ele Prolif EA build (it still works but it's slower)

I think that going EE without GMP is actually reducing your clear speed if you're not using Ele Prolif to benefit from that higher per hit damage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think gmp would interfere with EE because the explosions go off at the same time.
Edit: the extra arrow from hyrri's is enough to clear a whole pack. Also prolif has a less damage modifier which negates the point of dropping gmp.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Last edited by squurellkiller on Jul 31, 2015, 6:10:16 PM
hey,
trying your build, i'm currently on 84 and doing ok. i need your help with jewels since there's many sockets - what jewels would you suggest to use?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info