[2.0][SC/HC] Life MoM Dual Curse Caster

Hello, and welcome to the generic caster guide, The Caster Compendium.

The build concept was quite simple, but difficult to implement effectively. That being said, the build is still a WIP, and I will gladly accept suggestions/criticisms about the build. However, if you're rude, get out :3

The build is about having an ideal layout that can accommodate most spells, some spells are more difficult to deal with primarily because their effectiveness, keywords and affixes are unique.

Key Aspects:
  • Hardcore Viable
  • Good DPS
  • Dual Curse
  • MoM
  • Budget Friendly
  • Progression

Spells I'm Going to 'Eventually' Cover; Spells in Bold Are Done:
Spoiler

• Arc
  • Arctic Breath
  • Ball Lightning
  • Cold Snap
  • Detonate Dead
  • Ethereal Knives
  • Fireball
  • Firestorm
  • Flame Surge
  • Flameblast
  • Freezing Pulse
  • Glacial Cascade
  • Ice Nova
  • Ice Spear
  • Incinerate
  • Lightning Tendrils
  • Magma Orb
  • Shock Nova
  • Spark
  • Storm Call

Yes I can consider myself a masochist making all these builds, but I'm quite the alt-oholic.

Budget Friendly and Progression
Casters are good for people new to leagues, because they get most of their damage from Gem Levels.
However, the tree would allow you to get stronger when you can afford better gear/jewels.

When you start, you're not going to have jewels or additional curse gear. So the tree is there to compensate for that, later on you can add jewels as necessary, and you can refund from Whispers of Doom when you get a Windscream or a corrupted Amulet.

Crit is expensive.

Gearing

At the start, you can just prioritize capping your Resists, Life, Mana, Mana Regeneration, and Dexterity on your gear.

Your Weapon/Shield, you should be looking for Spell Damage and filling in the other gaps.

Once you're settled, decide what's easier, getting a Windscream or a corrupted Amulet to get the +1 Curse.

Jewels are dependent on the spell being used.

Flasks

You'll want Seething or Bubbling Flasks (I have a preference for Seething or Instant Heal Flasks). You'll also want mods to remove Bleeding, Shock, Curses.

The last flask will be a Hybrid/Mana Flask with a Seething or Bubbling Prefix as well.

Bandits

Oak
Skillpoint/Cast Speed/Physical Damage(if you're using Ethereal Knives)
Skillpoint

Links

Weapon - Dagger: We're using Whirling Blades, hence the need for a dagger.
3L[RGG] - Whirling Blades; Faster Attacks; Fortify
Shield - Choose between Chaos/Flame Golem, or none at all if you don't want to manually cast them.
3L[RGB/GBB] - Golem;Arctic Armor;Clarity

CWDT: Blind + Chill as a defensive setup to minimize Physical Damage.
4L[RGGB] - CWDT;Arctic Breath;Blind;GMP
You can also opt to use a Flame Totem with Blind, Culling Strike, Item Rarity, and just rely on Arctic Armor chill.

CWDT: Auto Curse - Enfeeble and Temporal Chains
4L[RBBB] - CWDT;Curse on Hit;Ball Lightning/Magma Orb;Enfeeble
Allows you to run a level 20 Enfeeble off CWDT.
4L[RGBB] - CWDT;Curse on Hit;Magma Orb/Ball Lightning;Temoporal Chains

Auras

Clarity - Mana Regeneration; the reservation becomes less and less significant as you get more Mana on Gear.

Arctic Armor - The most vulnerable point of a caster is that they can't move while casting. This will protect you from Physical Damage while you're casting spells.

Arctic Armor won't prevent you from damage while moving, but you can remedy this weakness by playing safely and not rushing everywhere like a headless chicken

Now onto the builds~
Last edited by Soupology on Jul 29, 2015, 6:17:56 AM
Arc
Arctic Breath
Ball Lightning
Cold Snap
Detonate Dead
Ethereal Knives
Fireball
Firestorm
Flame Surge
Flameblast
Freezing Pulse
Glacial Cascade
Ice Nova
Ice Spear
Incinerate
Lightning Tendrils

Links

4L - Lightning Tendrils;Spell Echo;Empower/Faster Casting;Lightning Penetration
5L - Lightning Tendrils;Spell Echo;Empower/Faster Casting;Lightning Penetration;Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect
6L - Lightning Tendrils;Spell Echo;Empower;Lightning Penetration;Faster Casting;Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect

I use Increased AoE for general clearing of white/blue mobs. You can slot in Concentrated Effect if you need to do hard content where AoE isn't needed.

Magma Orb
Shock Nova
Spark
Storm Call
Last edited by Soupology on Jul 29, 2015, 6:14:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info