About unarmed physical damage

I'm testing a Facebreaker cyclone build, so I bought a pair of Facebreaker gloves with 700% more unarmed damage. Before putting on the gloves, I had a sword and shield, and my tooltip DPS is roughly 1500 on cyclone since this character haven't finished main story yet. Now I took off the weapon and put on the Facebreaker gloves, and tooltip DPS dropped to only 900. So is this because:

- My sword had such significant impact on the DPS that equipping it provided more than 700% more damage?
- Or unarmed damage is not reflected or calculated in tooltip DPS?
Last edited by melodia1 on Jul 28, 2015, 4:29:46 PM
It is because the rest of your gear probably has little flat physical or none at all.

To scale facebreakers you want items with as much +x-y physical damage as possible:

For example.
Make no mistake, facebreakers outdps all noncrit 1h weapons.

EDIT:

Also you need to remove the weapon, not the shield to get the facebreaker bonus.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jul 28, 2015, 4:28:05 PM
Oops it was a typo, meant taking off the weapon.
Adding 10-20 damage really makes that much of a difference? Assuming that each ring adds average 10 damage, belt adds maybe 15, necklace adds maybe 15, and gloves 10, that's only 60 damage added. In the guide the writer claims to have like 30k tooltip DPS while unarmed, 60 more damage per strike = 30k damage per second? Wow. Having trouble imagining how that works.
Abyssus or BoR are the 2 gears which is gonna give you the most significant dps boost. Before that it will not be very much.

I had a cheap FB that does 700% with 2 rings each doing 7 - 11 phy, amulet that does 11 - 20ish dmg and Foxshade that does 5 to 12 ... with all the boost and etc my ice crash does only around 4k dps in mid lv 60 in act4 Merc. No unique belt since I cannot afford it.

This is pretty sad... without Abyssus and BoR my dmg is cspped to such low value. I could add more physical mod but this will affect my defense or hp. I am not sure those who have 30k dps still has good defense or hp but if you wanna pump everything into dps you can do so with the price of getting OHKO more later.
"
melodia1 wrote:
Adding 10-20 damage really makes that much of a difference? Assuming that each ring adds average 10 damage, belt adds maybe 15, necklace adds maybe 15, and gloves 10, that's only 60 damage added. In the guide the writer claims to have like 30k tooltip DPS while unarmed, 60 more damage per strike = 30k damage per second? Wow. Having trouble imagining how that works.

Facebreakers will scale that 10-20 damage up. You'll also get scaling from your passives. Getting as much flat dmg as possible is really important for Facebreaker builds. Abyssus and BoR as mentioned are really nice for facebreaker builds. Carcass jack is also pretty handy.

Also gems have a big impact. Putting concentrated effect on for example is a huge dps boost. That 10-20 suddenly becomes 1000-2000+!
Just bought a Meginord's Girdle (+5-15 physical damage), and unarmed damage boosted from 900 to 1600+... O_O

I have no clue my passives had THAT much effect on the damage, or how it's calculated, but I like where this is going lol.
I haven't done Facebreakres in a long time (not since they capped at 1000%), but generally speaking your endgame is going to have to be either with Abyssus or Bringer of Rain. The latter will give you plenty of DPS if you socket all or mostly offensive supports, the latter will give you bonkers DPS and you can afford to put in some more utility things such as life leech.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
melodia1 wrote:

10-20 becomes a 90-180 weapon with perfect FB, imagine your 2 rings and amu alone are the average dmg of a mirrored 2 hander axe / mace. Then you got BOR and meginord and there are shields and boots with x-x too now.

Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jul 29, 2015, 3:10:29 AM
"
melodia1 wrote:
Just bought a Meginord's Girdle (+5-15 physical damage), and unarmed damage boosted from 900 to 1600+... O_O

I have no clue my passives had THAT much effect on the damage, or how it's calculated, but I like where this is going lol.

Well with facebreaker just go full tank HP & Block

You don't need passives tree damage because you already got a 700-800% multiplier, getting 200% increase won't be a big deal.

If you use cyclone focus :

- Area of effect
- unarmed range (master of the arena & jewell)
- a bunch of attack speed (on FB 4-8% AS is better than 15-30% increase phys damage)
- leech & fotify
"
snakesolidx wrote:
You don't need passives tree damage because you already got a 700-800% multiplier, getting 200% increase won't be a big deal.

Uh, yes, yes it will most certainly be a big deal! Especially now that Increased Damage is somewhat less common on Supports, getting at least 100% Increased Damage from the tree is rather important. Luckily, the Shield clusters work with FBs, and you'd be taking those anyways.

It's very important to recognise that Facebreakers grant More Damage, which is a multiplicative modifier. That is what makes them so damn effective.

100 Damage, 700% More Damage:
100 * (1 + (700/100)) = 100 * 8 = 800 Damage

100 Damage, 200% Increased Damage, 700% More Damage:
100 * (1 + (200/100)) * (1 + (700/100)) = 100 * 3 * 8 = 2400 Damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info