[2.0] Arikado45's Whispering Ice Low Life Crit

WISDOM SCROLLS FOR DAYS

Getting Started

The optimal start in the skill tree would be Witch,because of the higher starting int, but Templar or shadow will work if you have a high level re-spec.

For this guide i'll be using the Templar start. (Free re-spec FTW)

The Whispering ice how does it work?

The Staff will let you cast a Skill called Icestorm this skill scales in damage and Skill duration depending on your current int. level, At 1000 int. the skill will last 4.2 seconds this is the reason why no skill duration increases will be used.When you use the skill the ground effect will chill the enemies in it the Area.

Skill Tree Level 93
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABUIHYwmqDdEOSA-rD8QRDxEvEVARlhNxFr8XLxslHRQdTySLJLApTyoLKjgrCiycLR8vbzW5Ow07fDwFPV9BlkuuTLNQMFBCUXRSU1XWV5RYrlxrXfJepV8qX2pjQ2SdZOdmnmu3bRlwUnC7cNV0VXvXf8aApIKbhEiFfYnTi4yMNox2jmSO6Y9Gj_qTJ5Ugl5WaO5uhnjyf36IuoqOmmacrrJius7b3tvq3MbjKvorAZsCawcXB88M6w23LvdAf0NDQ9dWm2RPZW9n8217mgev17BjtPO987-vyHfPq96b31_nd-tI=
Anything past this will be more int. until i get 1k.

Gear

Spoiler

Why these Items?

Shavronne's Wrappings(only 4 link is needed)- will a allow you to go Low life and lightning resit.if you dont have shavronne's then....don't do this build.

Lioneyes Paws- will give you a nice boost to your str and dex will giving you the cannot be stunned while on low life.

Astramentis- giving you a massive boost to all your stats ...kinda a must

perandus signet-having the boost to your mana and regen is nice but the massive boost to your int is whats really needed here

Gloves/Hemlet-finding a helmet thats going to give a nice boost to your energy shield with at least fire/cold 30+ on both.They must also have at least 40+ int.

Doryani's Invitation-giving a nice boost to your cold damage and giving some missing resist and a small bit of Armour.

My stats
Offence
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

Bandit
Normal-Kill
Cruel- kill (The extra cast speed isnt worth)
Merciless- power charge

Links for Icestorm/Buff

ICESTORM-Spell Echo, Concentrated Effect, PCoC, Cold to Fire, Hypothermia, Life Leech
The Big time Dps increases are Conc. Effect, Cold to Fire, and Hypothermia(if they're Chilled).

BUFFS- Herald Of Thunder, purity of elements, Purity Of ice, Arctic Armour,Discipline, and Herald of Ice.if you somehow manage to get your resist high enough to drop Purity ,anger would be the next aura.

Vaals- I like to use Grace and Discipline for bosses.

How Much int. is enough?
The "Stopping" Point that i have is 1000 int.,just for the increase duration "buff" of 4.20 seconds

Why are you not using Unique Gloves/Helmet
resit are too important in this build, and as long as you get 40+ int you'll gain int.

How do you run icestorm without clarity?
When you first start playing this build you may have to use clarity.when your mana/regen hits a certain point you'll be able to drop clarity.

Low cast Speed.
This one can hurt you if you're not paying attention.

Can this do Atziri?
I wouldn't recommend it, you move to slow for the fight.

Why not drop a perandus ring for more resist?
Cause i would loose about 140 int...and no 50int ring would make up for that. remember getting 1000 int. is the goal.

i'll be posting some videos of some high level maps, as soon as i get a chance.

I Probably Forgot something.

If you have any Questions you can PM me in game or just leave a comment here.

Last edited by Arikado45 on Jul 26, 2015, 8:02:17 PM
I'm running this build on Tempest HC league.

Currently level 86, and am wondering what do you think about perandus rings vs rare items.

Keep in mind this is HC.

I feel squishy, even with 7.7k energy shield.

My gear:

My build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfiukCS64bJdlbbRmX9BFQUlM1uZeVPV-nK0yz0B8tHyBurrPv65UgUDBBlsHz214FQtD1oqNcihEPLJxRdH_GD8SsmI7pkyd-WRGWwcU7fPfXdFWmmb6KDkjsGFhauMqESJuhXyrK06EvDdFd8o_6cLtSKVxrj0a0DGNDcNW29_DV0NB71-v12RNV4MNtHRQTcUZx6rqJ0ysKSVFfamSdL2-OZPrSXqWDCeGIDXxwUhEv8h33pmaeFy9Yrm-eHaq2-hZAtzFyD2TnnKTKSv5JhX2MdnGFlG9V1ocTX7BXKfMRZlSApHcHm7VG17FCwzqExSo4

The league is still very fresh so the items are very bad still :(.

My rares barely have any int or no int at all, which only gives me just under 800 int, which is definitely not where I want to be.

Please let me know how you would build this for a hardcore league if you get a chance to look over my post.

Thanks again Arikado45!
"
I'm running this build on Tempest HC league.

Currently level 86, and am wondering what do you think about perandus rings vs rare items.

Keep in mind this is HC.

I feel squishy, even with 7.7k energy shield.

My gear:

My build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfiukCS64bJdlbbRmX9BFQUlM1uZeVPV-nK0yz0B8tHyBurrPv65UgUDBBlsHz214FQtD1oqNcihEPLJxRdH_GD8SsmI7pkyd-WRGWwcU7fPfXdFWmmb6KDkjsGFhauMqESJuhXyrK06EvDdFd8o_6cLtSKVxrj0a0DGNDcNW29_DV0NB71-v12RNV4MNtHRQTcUZx6rqJ0ysKSVFfamSdL2-OZPrSXqWDCeGIDXxwUhEv8h33pmaeFy9Yrm-eHaq2-hZAtzFyD2TnnKTKSv5JhX2MdnGFlG9V1ocTX7BXKfMRZlSApHcHm7VG17FCwzqExSo4

The league is still very fresh so the items are very bad still :(.

My rares barely have any int or no int at all, which only gives me just under 800 int, which is definitely not where I want to be.

Please let me know how you would build this for a hardcore league if you get a chance to look over my post.

Thanks again Arikado45!

I prefer the perandus rings over resist rings just for the massive int boost, and getting to 1k int is hard enough as it is without them, i loose about 300 int if i take them off and that's +60% energy shield and 150 mana, also about a 1,300 damage increase for me .The problem if you use them is finding resist in other places.

The change i would do for your staff, would be use cold to fire and conc. effect that is a massive damage increase.
Bump for leet build.

Map with Arikado all the time, 80+ maps this build gets the job done.
__Caliber_EX
Last edited by Jaineiro on Jul 27, 2015, 2:17:53 PM
hi sir

2.1 poe Skill Tree ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info