[2.0] BDY's HC Righteous Fire Flameblaster AKA Leftover Pizza Build - 65.5K DPS and tanky

WIP
So, Flameblast has been nerfed and a lot of people are neglecting it. But I'm also getting a lot of questions about my Flameblast Templar build so I wrote this guide.

I feel like the new Flameblast is still very strong and I clear maps quite fast. On top of that I am quite tanky and can resort to killing mobs w/ my RF if needed. Overall its a well rounded character with multiple tools at its disposal.

Passive tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBAdwB5wN1BLMFLQYOCfYLYQxfDc0UIBRNFm8YVhiRGS4aPhpVGmwcpxzOJKon7SkuK1AuUzWSNug26TrhPAU8LT38QYdDyEZpR35N408EUEdTpVcNWGNYd1ugXwRfP2EhZKNlTWhlaHRo8nTtdqx673wOfLh99YIHgpuDX4PMhNmE74uMjM-RK5o7na6ezZ_fogCmV6cwp1Wtja9sr6e3PryfvTa-p8BmxFjE9sauz37SIdNv1HzVpti92WHaYtrB42rkIu087w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kXzm_ZI-d356PxL_gr-VP6P?accountName=bdy&characterName=BDY_NoGodsNoManagers

I saw another RF variant that didn't go into the duelist tree and it seemed quite solid but this has been working for me. If you find a more efficient tree let me know and I'll take a look at it. :)

The formula to figure out if you have enough regen for RF is really simple. You take your max resist, minus it from 100, and multiple the difference by 90 (since RF is 90% hp a sec).

Example: 88% max fire resist is 100-88=12. 90x.12=10.8%HP/Sec

I use 88% because its what I have using level 20 PoF, RotF, and the fire resist node on the tree.

If you have a level 21 PoF and an Alpha's Howl, or the +5 ring, Voideye, you can get 89% resist pretty easily. I had the good fortune of buying a voideye early on for dirt cheap and that really helped me early levels.

Gear

Most of it it straight foward. I find pyre ring to be really effective since we don't prolif any more and it gives plenty of burning damage plus 100% conversion on cold. Might be BiS. I'm currently leveling an empower to compare the two but I don't have it yet.

I'm running 2 Elreon items and they are necessary for the build. My mana pool is 26/520 unreserved and I can cast everything I need except flammability curse so I use curse on hit with my movement skill.

Self cast enduring cry. It's OP

I use the Cyclone+LGoH+Fortify as my oh shit button (Just spin away, aka spin to win)

Defenses

Armour - 6254
Evasion - 1288
Life Regen - 1108/sec
Mana regen - 18.8/Sec
Fire/Cold/Lightning - 223/163/169
Chaos Resist - 50%
(resist values are from normal difficulty)

Bandits

I took 10% resist all, Skill point, Skill Point

The skill points were mainly because I wasn't sure what build I would be. If I wanted to do Atziri I would take Endurance charge. Also, before Jewels I think the 5% cast speed from cruel would obviously be best. But, with the new Jewel Slots I'm not so sure. I currently have a jewel that gives 13% cast speed and one that gives 10% damage and 8% cast speed.

Tooltip DPS

3,252.9 Dmg, 2 mana cost, 9.35 cast per second

Imgur doesn't work and I don't feel like signing up for a site. If you know a site that is free and works with the forums please let me know so I can use it.

How I leveled

Well, I've ate over 130 regrets on this character. But, you can do the FoTM flame totem, aka the crack pipe. Or do what I did and run Flamesurge+Fire Traps which I found to be extremely effective even in mid 70 maps except the AoE doesn't scale.

I ran Multi-Trap+Trap and Mine Damage+Fire Penetration+Fire Trap in a Three dragons and put my Flame Surge+Echo+Fire Penetration in a Doon and my Flamesurge tool tip was about 20k using RF which is really high in low level maps.

With the new traps not being able to get damaged until they arm and the low level requirement for multi-traps I feel like traps are in the best place they've ever been.

Videos

Residence Map (76) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRiUM4xU6HU

If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or send me a PM @BDY_NoGodsNoManagers

Last edited by bdy on Aug 4, 2015, 5:30:55 PM
NVM
Last edited by Ondrugs on Jul 28, 2015, 2:04:26 PM
Viable with a Searing Touch?
Just dropping in to say that this guide is legit. If you miss playing Flameblast (like me), this should bring back some good memories. Solo clear speed isn't too shabby compared to other builds. The real beauty of this build is how well things synergise for 2.0: path of life nodes together with RF together with that cheeky fortify on cyclone since we head into Duelist territory.

An ultra endgame spec would be Doon corrupted with Faster Casting and Kaom's Heart, which would give you less Flameblast damage but increase your life pool substantially as you move from 96-100.

Empower 3 is a good substitute for Added Cold, and frees you up to use another ring instead of Pyre. Prior to getting Empower 3, however, Added Cold is the better DPS option. Also Pyre offers easy corpse removal which is important since Bameth appears to be buffed significantly.
"
Viable with a Searing Touch?

Pitching in for BDY here. Think about this old chap: RF = need for ROTP. Where does 2h Searing Touch fit in?
with Pyre, it seems I can use cold spells as well.
How about carcass as chest?
"
bluegray wrote:
Just dropping in to say that this guide is legit. If you miss playing Flameblast (like me), this should bring back some good memories. Solo clear speed isn't too shabby compared to other builds. The real beauty of this build is how well things synergise for 2.0: path of life nodes together with RF together with that cheeky fortify on cyclone since we head into Duelist territory.

An ultra endgame spec would be Doon corrupted with Faster Casting and Kaom's Heart, which would give you less Flameblast damage but increase your life pool substantially as you move from 96-100.

Empower 3 is a good substitute for Added Cold, and frees you up to use another ring instead of Pyre. Prior to getting Empower 3, however, Added Cold is the better DPS option. Also Pyre offers easy corpse removal which is important since Bameth appears to be buffed significantly.

Thanks for pitching in I've been away. But, ready for the 1 month hype which starts in like 10 minutes! GLHF
@Bdy What do you think about using Hrimnor Resolve?
this build no use jewel ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info