[2.0 HC] Lepor's low cost, high survivability Fakener. [CoC]

Excuse me exile, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Cast on Critical Strike?

Edit #2: Even tho I'm using

with the jackpot corrupt I got on it, it's in no way needed for the build.

This is a build I'm currently running in Tempest League at level 87(at the time of writing this guide) and seems to be working fairly well so I thought I'd share it with other people so they get to enjoy the amazingness that is Cast on Crit without having to pay themselves sick to do it.

I switched to using the build as early as level 66 with just random 2-5 chaos daggers I bought from people and a tabula rasa, at that time my crit was already over 90% with three power charges up and still having three crit nodes I hadn't taken and reaching 110 mill exp/hr while farming dried lake in Merciless.(I'm still missing Depth Perception and thinking of cutting it from my tree completely, honestly it's just over kill).

For those worried about reflect, it currently hasn't been a problem in any way with permanent topaz flasks on.

Offensive stats after the switch without power charges:
Spoiler

Offensive stats after the switch with three power charges:
Spoiler

The build is based around getting as much crit from the tree as possible while also maintaining a high life pool and getting a ton of strength to buff up your spells with the Iron Will gem(You might want this as a quality one). You might also want to run an Inertia Jewel on the Jewel socket right next to Hearthseeker to get more strength to buff up your Iron Will Gem.

You will want to run surgeon's prefix flasks on every flask but your health potions while mapping to have permanent buff flasks up(90+% uptime at the very least for me)
Base stats:
Spoiler
-186% Increased Maximum Life(Can easily go over 200% on this by cutting down nodes).
-262 to maximum Life
-600% Crit from tree alone.
-4.3% Life Regen for blood rage
-368 Strength with Inertia Jewel socketed next to Heartseeker(Relevant because of Iron Will)
-213 Dexterity
-Acrobatics(Can pick up phase acro if you want to.)
-143 Intelligence with access to more if needed.
-3 Easy jewel sockets.

DPS Calculations:
Spoiler
0.95 attacks per second with cyclone + 90+% crit chance + 0.05 sec cd on Cast on Crit gem proccing = Too much math to do, this isn't a standard build so as long as it clears the whole screen and makes pretty colors I'm happy with it :)

Current tree(Many ways to optimize and hash out optimal things most likely, adjust as you see fit).:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAAYB3ASzBbULYQxfDY0NzQ5ID6sRlhQgFSAV9ha_GbQcziP2JP0mlSoLK1AtgzB8NZI2PTfUPC1FfEd-TZJQQlBHUUdVS1uvXfJfP2HiYnlirGVNZ5to8myMbWxwUnBWcNVyqXfjeA2DzITZidOMC4w2jX2Nv5Abkn2Xl5hvmhOdqqIAoi6jiqlurj6vbK-ntDi18rc-uXy9Nr6nwBrAZsT2xq7UI9i929TcI90N5FHlGeXP51TndOjW7LDtP-4O7w7wH_Pq9zL79fzF_gr-VA==

RECOMMENDED TREE, CURRENTLY LEVEL 87 IN TEMPEST:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAAYAXgHcBLMFtQguC2ENjQ3NDkgPqxGWFCAUdRUgFfYWvxjbGY4ZtBzOI_YknST9JpUppSoLK1AtgzB8NZI31DwtR35KfU2SUEdRR1VLW69d8l8_YeJiWmJ5ZU1nm2jybWxvO3BScFZw1XKpdPF343gNfXWDzITZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv5Abkn2Yb5oTm42iAKOKqW6uPq9sr6e1SLXytz69Nr6nwBrAZsT2xq7Tfti929TcI90N45_kUeXP51TndOjW7T_tg-4O7w7vevAf8-r2o_cy_gr-VP66?accountName=Leporr&characterName=LeporCoCc

My current leveling build with having to use regrets later on:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4B3AIRAycILgmWDc0UIBR1FSAY2xmOGbQcziP2KaUrUC2DMHwxsDkORNJHfk2SUEdbr18_ZU1nm3Txd-N5aH11hNmHao19l3mbjaOKo-epbqmUrj6vp702vqfBBMT2xq7L9dN-1FLcvd0N5FHnD-2D7g7vDu969qP-VP66

Videos:
Spoiler
Uncut stream footage of running with both build variants, making more as I go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXG3i2XzPM

Bandits:
Spoiler

Oak - Kill All - Kill all if going for discharge later, help kraityn for +1 frenzy if going the cheaper variant.

Leveling:
Spoiler

Just pick up the 2h damage nodes at duelist and marauder, maybe some of the 2h sword nodes near ranger, sweep until level 28 and then cyclone your way to 60(At this point make sure you have all the crit nodes after you use your regrets to get rid of the 2h nodes.)

Gem setup for the more expensive, rainbowdischarge and potentially more dangerous version:
Spoiler

5/6l Voll's Protector: Cast on Critical Strike - Cyclone - Iron Will - Discharge - Ice Nova - Shock Nova/Concentrated Effect(Haven't reached 6l voll's yet so this is pure speculation for the last link)
3l: Warlord's Mark - Curse on Hit - Herald of Thunder
3l: Ice Golem - Minion Life - Minion Resist Or Cast When Damage taken - Ice Golem - Warlords Mark
4l: Herald of Ice - Culling Strike - Innervate - Ice Bite/Rarity(Rarity is not necessary.)
4l: Whirling Blades - Blood Magic - Fortify - Faster Attacks
Add in Blood Rage, Arctic Armour and Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call as you see fit.

Gem setup for the cheaper and safer version:
Spoiler

6l: Cast on Critical Strike - Cyclone - Iron Will - Ice Nova - Shock Nova - Arc
3l: Assassin's Mark - Curse on Hit - Herald of Thunder
3l: Ice Golem - Minion Life - Minion Resist Or Cast When Damage taken - Ice Golem - Warlords Mark
4l: Herald of Ice - Culling Strike - Innervate - Ice Bite/Rarity(Rarity is not necessary.)
4l: Whirling Blades - Blood Magic - Fortify - Faster Attacks
Add in Blood Rage, Arctic Armour and Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call as you see fit.

Current gear I am using on the "safer" version of the build(Not optimal in any way, lacking STR from gear and my curse on hit is on warlords since I prefer the discharge variant.):
Spoiler

Current gear I'm using for the rainbow discharge:
Spoiler

Current gear I'm using with the Ranger variant of the tree with armor:
Spoiler

Changelog
Spoiler

-Added a crude Iron Reflexes tree
-Added current RECOMMENDED Ranger version of the tree

Thanks Zavake for helping out with figuring out the build!

Note: This guide is a mess and being tweaked and written up as I level. If you have questions about the build you can msg to me @LeporCoC ingame
Last edited by Leporr on Aug 3, 2015, 1:46:20 PM
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2016, 7:17:09 AM
Reserved
First reasonable build ive seen use this idea. Looking forward to videos dude. Thanks.
you can swap IIR on that Herald of Ice circuit for Ice Bite and get decent frenzy charge generation if you're freezing consistently. Also I'd find room for CWDT Warlord's Mark as that can save you from reflect deaths.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Last edited by ログよし on Jul 22, 2015, 3:23:13 PM
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
you can swap IIR on that Herald of Ice circuit for Ice Bite and get decent frenzy charge generation if you're freezing consistently. Also I'd find room for CWDT Warlord's Mark as that can save you from reflect deaths.

All very good points! Edited to main post.
A few pointers. You should be using a shield, especially since this is HC. A high life shield works, but you should also consider a saffel's frame, as it gives +4 max res, so reflect will hurt less, as well as high ele damage bosses. Another good consideration is to run a PoL for the + max light res. ALso, you want a high crit/attack speed dagger, optimally an ambusher. Spell damage is a bonus, and a hefty 40% can be easily crafted on daggers with catarina so long as a prefix is open. The higher attack speed allowes for WAY more CoC procs, as the tool tip on cyclone lies A LOT. Also, how are you sustaining mana? Only was I see is warlord's mark, which is meh. I would suggest replacing Iron Will with a blood magic.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
A few pointers. You should be using a shield, especially since this is HC. A high life shield works, but you should also consider a saffel's frame, as it gives +4 max res, so reflect will hurt less, as well as high ele damage bosses. Another good consideration is to run a PoL for the + max light res. ALso, you want a high crit/attack speed dagger, optimally an ambusher. Spell damage is a bonus, and a hefty 40% can be easily crafted on daggers with catarina so long as a prefix is open. The higher attack speed allowes for WAY more CoC procs, as the tool tip on cyclone lies A LOT. Also, how are you sustaining mana? Only was I see is warlord's mark, which is meh. I would suggest replacing Iron Will with a blood magic.

I want the iron will to boost the damage, I might consider BM over it at some point. I want the dualwield to make twin terrors work so the cost of entry for the build stays low and it's accessible for players not too familiar with trading and the economics of the game. I don't want the build to go into the few exalt range for entry level CoCers.

TL;DR of my point in this: I want the build to be low cost of entry and capable of scaling up and the guide isn't representative of that yet, needs more work from my side :)
Last edited by Leporr on Jul 22, 2015, 9:05:35 PM
You made a build catered to newer or less experienced players that starts in Merciless. I suggest some sort of information be added as to what you do for 66 levels.
I optimized your tree a bit. I realize that this change might be hard for you to make but anyone who might follow this guide should do better with this variant. You save quite a few points by traveling through the middle of the tree. The points saved could be used to pick up more crit or life near Scion and I really recommend Vaal Pact. I also picked up the mana leech nodes at the bottom left of the tree. It's a really efficient cluster with both mana leech and mana on hit which makes it perfect for Cyclone and works both on single target and on packs. Also moved one of the jewel sockets from a 2 point one to a 1 point socket on the travel path.

Optimized tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAAYEswW1C2ENjQ3NDkgPqxGWFCAV9ha_HM4j9iT9JpUqCytQMHw1kjY9PC1FfE2SUEdRR1VLXfJfP2HiYnlirGebaPJsjG1scFJwVnDVcqmDzInTjAuMNo19jb-QG5J9l5eYb5oTnaqiAKOKrj6vbK-ntDi18rc-uXzAZsT2xq7UI9i929TcI-RR5Rnlz-dU53To1uyw7g7vDvAf8-r3Mvv1_MX-Cv5UIurDOpu1X7DKSlFMrEd9WypNPydKyG6qhMW1SCo4yNzBSf4d

A shield variant could just pick up True Strike, losing out on a bit of crit for a major defensive boost:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBLMFtQthDc0OSA-rEZYUIBa_HM4j9iT9JpUqCytQMHw1kjY9PC1FfE2SUEdRR1VLXfJfP2HiYqxnm2jybIxtbHBScFZw1XKpg8yJ04wLjDaNfY2_kBuSfZeXmG-aE52qogCuPq9sr6e0OLXytz65fMBmxPbGrtQj2L3b1Nwj5FHlGeXP51TndOjW7LDvDvAf8-r3Mvv1_gr-VCLqwzqbtV-wykpRTKxHfVsqTT8nSshuqoTFtUjI3MFJ_h1vnpykhxN3Bw==

With proper gear I believe its possible to skip the Disemboweling cluster entirely and save quite a few points on traveling. Though Rat's Nest and Maligaro's Virtuosity are quite expensive.
Spoiler
"
eepoo wrote:
I optimized your tree a bit. I realize that this change might be hard for you to make but anyone who might follow this guide should do better with this variant. You save quite a few points by traveling through the middle of the tree. The points saved could be used to pick up more crit or life near Scion and I really recommend Vaal Pact. I also picked up the mana leech nodes at the bottom left of the tree. It's a really efficient cluster with both mana leech and mana on hit which makes it perfect for Cyclone and works both on single target and on packs. Also moved one of the jewel sockets from a 2 point one to a 1 point socket on the travel path.

Optimized tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAAYEswW1C2ENjQ3NDkgPqxGWFCAV9ha_HM4j9iT9JpUqCytQMHw1kjY9PC1FfE2SUEdRR1VLXfJfP2HiYnlirGebaPJsjG1scFJwVnDVcqmDzInTjAuMNo19jb-QG5J9l5eYb5oTnaqiAKOKrj6vbK-ntDi18rc-uXzAZsT2xq7UI9i929TcI-RR5Rnlz-dU53To1uyw7g7vDvAf8-r3Mvv1_MX-Cv5UIurDOpu1X7DKSlFMrEd9WypNPydKyG6qhMW1SCo4yNzBSf4d

A shield variant could just pick up True Strike, losing out on a bit of crit for a major defensive boost:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBLMFtQthDc0OSA-rEZYUIBa_HM4j9iT9JpUqCytQMHw1kjY9PC1FfE2SUEdRR1VLXfJfP2HiYqxnm2jybIxtbHBScFZw1XKpg8yJ04wLjDaNfY2_kBuSfZeXmG-aE52qogCuPq9sr6e0OLXytz65fMBmxPbGrtQj2L3b1Nwj5FHlGeXP51TndOjW7LDvDvAf8-r3Mvv1_gr-VCLqwzqbtV-wykpRTKxHfVsqTT8nSshuqoTFtUjI3MFJ_h1vnpykhxN3Bw==

With proper gear I believe its possible to skip the Disemboweling cluster entirely and save quite a few points on traveling. Though Rat's Nest and Maligaro's Virtuosity are quite expensive.

Would it not be good to grab the aoe nodes for larger cyclone/novas?
IGN = pibDeath

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info