2.0 Ele Buzzsaw (Spectral Throw) Tempest League

Ele Buzzsaw build for 2.0 - honestly not too much changed since buzzsaw in invasion. Still get alphas howl, still scale auras, still go straight attack speed. However the most notable change is the use of whirling blade (no desync yay!) with fortify, and bloodrage for the newly buffed frenzy charges.

Bandits - Oak (HP), Kraityn (Attack Speed), Kraityn (Frenzy Charge)

Currently at level 79 have 4.8k armor, 3.5k evasion rating, 31% chance to block with 5.6k HP and 11k DPS tooltip

tree

119 points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgSzCC4LYQ3ND6sUcRZvFr8XLxmKGY4aOBpsGo8czh2qH0Ei4iSLJKoksCaVJy8pTypNK1AvbzWSNuk62DrhPC0_J0ZxR-JKyEtXTeNQQlFMUzVVS1XWV-JfsGHiaPJuqm-ecLtyqXasd-V82X1bfXV_xoCkggeCm4MJg1-DzITFjDaQVZMnlwabjZu1ogCkOaZXrEetja9sr6ev67Xytz6748BmwOPBxcM6xKLE9sauykrPftN-2L3ZE9l84XPhiONq5CLqGOwY7DjtIO2D8B_xs_JB8kX22vcy-Ov60vsJ_gr-Sf5U_o_-ug==

99 points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgSzCC4LYQ-rFm8WvxcvGYoZjho4GmwajxzOHaofQSLiJIskqiSwJpUnLylPKk0rUDWSNuk62DrhPC0_J0ZxR-JKyE3jUUxVS1XWV-JfsGHiaPJuqm-ecql2rHflfNl9W311gKSCm4MJg1-DzITFjDaQVZcGm42btaIApDmmV6xHr2yvp6_rtfK3PrvjwGbDOsSixPbGrspKz37Tfti94XPhiONq5CLqGOw47SDtg_Af8kX22vcy-tL7Cf4K_kn-j_66

60 points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgSzCC4LYQ-rFm8WvxmKGY4abB9BJIskqiaVKU8qTTWSNuk8LT8nSshRTFVLX7Bh4mjybqpyqXzZfVt9dYKbg8yMNpcGm42btaIArEevbK_rtfK3PrvjwzrEosT2xq7KStN-2L3hc-Nq5CLsOO0g7YPwH_cy_gr-ug==

How to play the spec
Blood rage for clear kills and constantly use Healing over time pots between packs. You don't need run pots because you whirling blades everywhere which will give you fortify if you hit mobs. Keep up your endurance charges always. Hit Granite & Jade flasks frequently to avoid damage. Mow down packs while leaching absurd amounts of life.

Devourers will be cake with fortify, endurance charges, and the new arctic armour. The can barely attack when the spawn underneath you.

Bosses & Rares - pop vaal haste and spit tons of saws out frequently whirling blading backwards to kite out of damage range while still spitting out spec throws to do damage as they chase you. You can face tank some bosses but I never suggest it unless your sure they won't one shot you.

What you're looking for on gear

Helm - Alphas howl
Chest - 5-6 link high hp high resist
Shield - lioneye's remorse isn't a must but it's amazing for block, life, and physical mitigation. If you don't go lioneye's you want block chance, high life, resists
Rings - Weapon Ele damage, High life, attack speed, resists, flat ele dmg
Amulet - Weapon ele damage, high life, resists, flat ele dmg, LGOH/attributes
Gloves - 10%+ attack speed, High life, resists, flat ele dmg
Belt - Weapon ele damage, high life, resists
Boots - high life, 20%+ movespeed, resists
WEAPON! - CLAW CLAW CLAW!!! The Life Gain on Hit is amazing. 1.9+ Attacks per second, Weapon Ele Damage, Flat ele damage

Links

(chest) Spectral Throw - Blood Magic - LGOH, Weapon Ele Dmg - LMP/GMP - Faster Attacks for 6L
(3 Link) Whirling Blades - Fortify - blood magic
(4 Link) Cast on dmg Taken - Molten Shell - Fire/Chaos Golem - Temp chiains/Enfeeble
(Helm - With all reduced mana nodes) Wrath - anger - haste - Arctic armor
(Helm - with all but 3 reduced mana nodes) Wrath - anger - herald of ice - arctic armor
(4 link) Blood magic - Blood rage - elemental weakness - enduring cry
(anywhere) Vaal haste

Gear
Last edited by heiter1 on Jul 21, 2015, 7:04:13 PM
hello, don't u have problems with reflecs on this build ?
"
reskone wrote:
hello, don't u have problems with reflecs on this build ?

I have absolutely no problems with reflect, refelct got a huge nerf and LGOH overrides any reflect
How do you lvl this build? What skills should be used up until 40-50 when the build starts to come online? This would be good information to include if/when you update the build. It would help me and other noobs make better use of the build. Other that that, great job, this build looks really fun.
Hi,

I have been looking for a spectral throw build, but everyone told me it was hugely nerfed.

I don'y know much about this skill but how is the 11k dps? I know some builds the tooltip dps is a lot lower than real dps, is this the same way? I was running ice crash, and around lvl 50s I had 8k tool tip dps. So this does seem lower to me.

This setup also reminds me of molten strike build, pretty much same gem setup and gear, but again my dps was 30k around lvl 70. How does this compare?

I do play in tempest, is this pretty safe?

And one other question about your passive tree. Why didn't you pick up Phase Acrobatics, if you are picking up Acrobatics? I have seen other builds do this too, and I dont understand why. Thanks.
Last edited by ivqancorp on Aug 14, 2015, 4:58:19 PM
Spectral throw usually hits at least 2 times per attack, sometimes a lot more.

Also it has great range, you are practically playing a range and not a melee build.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
So what about Acro w/o Phase Acro?
And what about Jewels ? top mods? maybe some uniqs ?
IGN: Angryfos
Last edited by fosquaker on Aug 15, 2015, 6:29:43 PM

Last edited by CeaePeae on Jun 5, 2019, 9:02:53 PM
Hey, I have a question. Why do you pick up Resolute technique? Do you find yourself missing a lot or are you afraid of reflect and want to nullify it completely?
nice build, wanna try it, anyways got a few upgrades

Regards.

IGN CumOnCritical // AngelaMethkel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info