[HC] Died to bugged Piety boss room

Tempest, Cruel, Level 57

My crit elemental KB wander just ripped to a bugged Piety boss room in A4 cruel.

I TP'ed out after getting hit by the laser beam once. It dropped me to <50% but did not kill me. When I TP'ed back in, the room was completely empty. No eyeball spawns or red vortex blobs. This should have been a warning but I hardly even had time to notice it, much less react.

I made it about 5 steps across the room and died almost instantly.

I was running in the same direction that the laser beam would have been traveling (clockwise around Piety) if it had been visible. I heard something zap me twice and my HP went to 0 before I could react.

GGG, I am pretty upset. I fucking PAID YOU for access to the Awakening beta and provided feedback on it for months. THIS IS A BUG THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER MADE IT INTO LIVE.

I just lost a level 57 character which I had (of course) just spent most my of currency on, in an effort to prepare for this very boss fight. I was being EXTREMELY careful and I died to a bugged boss room in which literally nothing was happening. Here is a screenshot.

I'm not asking for my character back, I'm just frustrated and disappointed that this happened. Gonna take a break from POE for a while because I feel like I did nothing wrong and got punished for supporting and trying to enjoy the game.
Last edited by Trentemoller on Jul 21, 2015, 12:40:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG should refund chars to game breaking bugs. But naw, its not important to them.
"
thomale12 wrote:
GGG should refund chars to game breaking bugs. But naw, its not important to them.

Which blows my mind. I would understand their position on the matter if they were a tier 1 studio with a huge budget who regularly pushed out a highly polished product and could afford to give some of their fans the middle finger.

But they're not. They're an indie studio that depends on the goodwill of their playerbase to survive. And they make mistakes, mistakes that cost people dozens (or hundreds) of hours of their lives.

If they won't even rollback those broken Shavronne's that lost the chaos mod and were CLEARLY bugged, then I understand that they'll never even consider restoring my character. It's just a shame because this has really turned me off from the company and their game, and really made me hesitant about ever supporting their product in the future.
They won't restore your character. When you clicked agree when you made your HC toon, you agreed to such.

Edit: And I had a pair of legacy Goldwyrm's that lost their movement speed mod when they had the server hiccup a while ago. I might have been slightly annoyed at the time, but whatever, I learned a long time ago to move on. That, and it's obvious how they are going to deal with things like this, they have stated it over and over.

Deal with it.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Jul 21, 2015, 2:56:07 PM
Was about to make a thread about it, but you beat me to it.
Today I lost my 61 level duelist to a similar bug. It tp-ed out of the room to restore flasks, when I was ready I tp-ed back. Inside the room I saw that Piety was clmly standing in the center and chillin, eyeballs were chilling around aswell. My party member was struggling to get Piety's HP to move down, but nothing seemed to work. I started running around in the room, still noone moved, and then BOOM. All my 2 967 Hp went down the drain. I didn't even get the time to react. One moment everything was still and the other "Ressurrect in town". Can you imagine how pissed I am? Probably.

I know that nothing is gonna get my character back now, and I don't really seek his revival, but what do I want is the bug fix. This never happened to me at ANY boss at ALL.

Please notice me GGG senpais T-T, it's not the first time I die this way.

EDIT: Can't provide screenshot since I was so mad and quit instantly :/
Last edited by WaZZZaM on Jul 21, 2015, 3:13:30 PM
"
They won't restore your character. When you clicked agree when you made your HC toon, you agreed to such.

Edit: And I had a pair of legacy Goldwyrm's that lost their movement speed mod when they had the server hiccup a while ago. I might have been slightly annoyed at the time, but whatever, I learned a long time ago to move on. That, and it's obvious how they are going to deal with things like this, they have stated it over and over.

Deal with it.

If you had bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that I'm not asking for the character restored-- just reporting a bug, and expressing my disappointment over what the bug cost me and criticizing the way GGG handles situations like mine.

If I had underestimated Piety's beam or the dangerousness of the boss fight and died to my own overconfidence or mistakes, then I certainly wouldn't be crying about it here on the forums. Hell, even if I'd died to a game crash I suppose I would have been less frustrated, because at least game crashes have become somewhat predictable/frequent since the release of 2.0.

Instead I got completely cheesed by some glitch that literally broke the game and should have been fixed in the beta. I must reiterate that the fight progressed normally until Piety reached about %50 HP and I TPed out to refill my pots. It was only upon re-entering the room did I die to a clearly bugged, completely untelegraphed, invisible, silent, and extremely powerful 2-shot attack, which I can only assume was her laser beam hitting me twice in quick succession as I ran by oblivious.

RIP my gear, spent about 15c (all my remaining Chaos in Tempest) upgrading it before this fight and was really just starting to enjoy the build.

Last edited by Trentemoller on Jul 21, 2015, 10:35:04 PM
"
Trentemoller wrote:
"

Deal with it.

If you had bothered to read the thread you'd have seen that I'm not asking for the character restored-- just reporting a bug, and expressing my disappointment over what the bug cost me and criticizing the way GGG handles situations like mine.

If I had underestimated Piety's beam or the dangerousness of the boss fight and died to my own overconfidence or mistakes, then I certainly wouldn't be crying about it here on the forums. Hell, even if I'd died to a game crash I suppose I would have been less frustrated, because at least game crashes have become somewhat predictable/frequent since the release of 2.0.

Instead I got completely cheesed by some glitch that literally broke the game and should have been fixed in the beta. I must reiterate that the fight progressed normally until Piety reached about %50 HP and I TPed out to refill my pots. It was only upon re-entering the room did I die to a clearly bugged, completely untelegraphed, invisible, silent, and extremely powerful 2-shot attack, which I can only assume was her laser beam hitting me twice in quick succession as I ran by oblivious.

RIP my gear, spent about 15c (all my remaining Chaos in Tempest) upgrading it before this fight and was really just starting to enjoy the build.

indeed read before posting. Dunedain1014 you always give the same bullshit answer "They won't restore your character. When you clicked agree when you made your HC toon, you agreed to such. - Deal with it"
save it you are no help.
I wonder sometimes why do you play tempest / hardcore in the first few weeks of the expansion ... there will be bugs that weren't caught in the beta ... I guarantee you there will be bugs that will not get caught even after first 3 months. You should have waited for the second time they create a 3 month league in this expansion to play hardcore ... that's how it's always been... or if you're truly hardcore just deal with it.
"
thegeapy wrote:
I wonder sometimes why do you play tempest / hardcore in the first few weeks of the expansion ... there will be bugs that weren't caught in the beta ..
Playing standard doesn't interest some people, that includes me btw (6 toons REKT in tempest so far and will re-roll when I have time).

While I agree that bugs/balance issues are expected this early after expansion, I also think it is good that people are actually reporting these, so GGG is aware of them.

As for Piety it was definetely acting UP today after portals. It felt like those red dmg circles didn't show on ground after portaling in.

After couple near deaths, I began to warp other side of room and hit flasks (just in case) while flame dashing after portaling in. Thankfully I had over 3.3k HP (from gear that dropped in merciless with other toon) and it was just enough to get past those invisible damage spikes.

Malachai had laggy dmg spikes after portals also.. Something feels bit broken as I didn't have this kind of issues the other day. Either servers acting up or new patch broke something.

Most likely unrelated to this issue:
I proceeded to die in Malachai phase 2 while showing loading screen... Not exactly fun way to die either.
"
thegeapy wrote:
I wonder sometimes why do you play tempest / hardcore in the first few weeks of the expansion ... there will be bugs that weren't caught in the beta ... I guarantee you there will be bugs that will not get caught even after first 3 months. You should have waited for the second time they create a 3 month league in this expansion to play hardcore ... that's how it's always been... or if you're truly hardcore just deal with it.

But that's the thing, and part of why I am so pissed off-- it is hard to accept that "there will be bugs not caught in the beta" when this boss fight was only added to the beta a week before launch! I am unsure why GGG waited so long to deploy the 2nd half of Act 4 during the closed beta, but it's clear that they either waited too long, or the launch of 2.0 was premature. In either case, they made a mistake/oversight, and when you couple that with their policy on character rollbacks and restorations, what you have is basically GGG saying

"Fuck it, it's not ready, there are still some gamebreaking bugs that are going to kill our fans/customers/players and piss them off, but we're launching anyway."

And to me that is the sign of a bad developer who I don't ever want to support again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info