TREE LINKS UPDATED [2.0] Warband Starter Magma Orb Build [Cheap and Self Found Build]

Hi there!! :D

Welcome to my Self Found Magma Orb Build

(Dont forget to go to FAQ)

When i first saw the Magma Orb skill i had only one word to it : Awesome! I said to myself "This will be my first build in The Awekening Expansion!

So i did it! I played with Magma orb and reach lvl 80.what i can say is that its my favourite skill at the moment.

This build is very simple, you point and explode! Easy!

I have 4k Life and 10k GMP Magma Orb dps! Its kills Everything!

Offence - 8/10
Defence - 5/10
Difficulty - 2/10

Magma Orb is a spell that launches a projectile on a parabolic curve that explodes on impact dealing fire damage in an Area of Effect.

Its simple,you throw a fire ball that when hits the ground explodes and bounce one more time(its depends on the number of chains that you have).

I though, i dont want to go crit because this is my first build in this League so,the probability of getting good crit gear is low.For that reasons i decided to go full fire damage!

Since Magma orb is a AOE sill i needed one Single target skill.I picked Flame Surge!

I decided to go full life since its easier to find good life gear than ES gear.

3 Golems to choose,so i pick Fire Golem for a good buff to my fire damage.

This is just a video to show how the skill works with GMP and LMP,doing a 69 map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9XcMsw1zgM&feature=youtu.be

-Very easy build to start and control
-Very Cheap
-Good DPS

-Reflect will kill you sometimes
-Some parties will not like you if you go with GMP(Greater Multiple Projectiles)

This is the 110 Points Skill tree.

You have one jewel socket so you can use one for defence or offence,you choose!

NOTE: If you like to use the Mana Flask you can just point the Mana Passives in Power or Defences

You start in level 1 off course and get Leoneys Eye. The first thing you want to get is Magma Orb,that you get as a reward in killing Hillock.

You should foccus on getting wands with spell damage,later on you will change spell damage for cast speed that s more afective on this build.

When you kill Brutus you can get flame Dash that is a movement skill on this build

You will get your Single Target skill when you defeat Merveil. You will now kill bosses very easy will Flame surge!

You at this point can buy Lesser Multiple Projectile gem if you want or continue with only one "Bomb" but you will need the Increase AOE gem!

- At level 16/17 you should be on Act 2

Fist you want to go to chamber of Sins to get the Baleful Gem,so you can get Herald of Ice and Thunder!

Then you should kill The Weaver to get Councetrated Effect to put on Flmae Surge

You help Oak to get the 40+ life

You will get Artic Armor when you do the "The Root of the Problem" quest.

At level 20 +- your tree should be like this

20 Points Skill tree

On act 3 you should be on 25/26 level

When you do the quest "Lost in Love" you will get the Anger Gem and that will be the Main aura of this build!

You will need to do the "A Fixture of Fate" quest to get one of the most importants gems on this build, Fire Penetration! You you kill everything with this gem linked with Magma orb.

You Should farm docks to get to level 34/35 and then move to act 4!

At level 35 you build should look like this +-

You will need Defences and Good life in act 4!

When you complete teh "Breaking the Seal" quest you will get the Fire Golem Gem that will increase your Fire Damage!

Your should farm to 45 +- and then go to beat Malachai!

After that you can buy this gems and thats it! :

-Greater Multiple Projectiles
-Spell Echo

At level 45 your tree shoul be like this +-:

In Cruel difficulty you should get the Defence combination:

- Cast when damage Taken lvl 2
- Imortall Call lvl 3
- Enduring Cry lvl 3

At this point you should foccus on getting wands with hight cast speed than high Spell damage. Of course if you get like on with 19% cast speed and 50% spell damage stick with it! :D

You do not need to get Gems so i will just post the Skill tree for the diferent levels:

Level 60 +- :

level 80 build +- :

Wands!

As you can see i have low spell damage but high cast speed
Spoiler

Chest:

Just focus on resists and life

Spoiler

Boots :

Spoiler

Gloves:

Spoiler

Belt and rings:

If ou can,try to get cast speed on rings
Mana is important too!

Spoiler

This is the dps that i have in level 80!

It could be more if i had better gear,but this is all self found so i think is good

Magma Orb linked with:

- Spell Echo
- Faster Projectiles
- Fire Penetration

One Single Orb:

Spoiler

LMP Magma Orb :

Spoiler

GMP Magma Orb:

Spoiler

Flame surge linked with:

- Conc Effect
- Spell Echo

Dps of Flame Surge:

Spoiler

Why do you use GMP and not LMP or one single orb?

Because i like that way and for me its clears the entire room much faster :)

how do you deal with reflect?

I have one Ruby flask always with me so if i see one reflect monster i use it

This is my first guide so if anything is wrong just tell me :D
Last edited by drking100 on Aug 8, 2015, 3:29:24 PM
People want to see the build in action.. lets see some vids please.
There really isn't that much of a need for videos honestly. Been running this on my templar and having a blast.
Thanks for the awesome guide. I am new to PoE and this is my first char.

I got one question: Where can I get the Lesser Multiple Projects Gem?
I just got to Act 2 and am level 16. I looked it up in a wiki and it says it's not available for a Templar at Nessa or as a quest reward.
"
raistor wrote:
Thanks for the awesome guide. I am new to PoE and this is my first char.

I got one question: Where can I get the Lesser Multiple Projects Gem?
I just got to Act 2 and am level 16. I looked it up in a wiki and it says it's not available for a Templar at Nessa or as a quest reward.

Thanks man! :D

you have to get it by dropping or buying from someone,templar dont have that gem for reward :(
New video up! quality is not good but at leat its shows how the skill works :D
Nice guide. I didn't see your helmet, what do you use ? Isn't mana a problem when fighting bosses ? You seem to have to drink mana potions.
Hi, how do you run HoI, HoT, AA & anger?
Can ES be reserved as well as mana?
Or did you just drop one of the herald?

Nice build, really powerful since lvl 1 and still at lvl 30
Sounds like a fun build , i might try this on SC.
Why do you use Faster Projectiles instead of Slower Projectiles? According to the wiki, proj speed doesn't change the travel time nor distance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info