Fakener 2.0 (6K HP, hybrid defensive, massive DPS, 0 mana main skills)

Signatures of this build
* Mostly based on Mathil's fakener.Huge credit to Mathil.
* Use Elemental Equilibrium with fire damage to greatly reduce mob's lightning and cold resistance.
* Using skill tree and two Elreon's ring to achieve 0 mana cyclone
* Use arctic armor instead of purity of fire for normal mapping, learnt this trick from Etup's stream. AA actually synergizes with Cyclone very well, most mobs are guaranteed to be chilled.
* Use hybrid defensive mechanism, totally should have 2k evasion and 2k armor to ignore most trash mobs and always play carefully against boss.
* Use Whirling Blades, fortify, curse on hit and curse (elemental weakness or assassin's mark) to apply curse and fortify.
[/spoiler]

Level 88 Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABLMHHg3NDdEOSA-rEZYWvxo4HM4kiyaVJy8o-ioLKjgqTStQMfs1kjrYOuE8BTwtPQ8_J0GHRXxJUUrIS1dN41BHUUxVS13yX7Bh4mNDZlRnm21sbqpvnnBScFZw1XKpdwd8u31bgpuCx4MJg1-DzITFhXuHE4nTjDaQG5BVkn2VLpeXmG-YrZoTm1ibtZykogCmV6xHrj6vp7Q4tUi18rc-wGbA48M6xPbGrspK2L3Z_NvU3CPhc-RR5Rnlz-w47SDvDu988NXxs_JF8-r3Mvno-_X-Cv5U_o8=

Gear as lvl 88 (~3ex total)

Gear as lvl 86 (~3ex total)

Gear explain

helm, rare with life, res. will upgrade to Rat's nest.
Amulet, rare with critical chance,spell damage, life, res. will upgrade to voll's devotion
Chest, Voll's protector
Ring, diamond ring with life, res. + Elreon's -8 ring, better with life, res and diamond ring base.
Boot with 30 movement speed and some life, res.
Glove, rare with attack speed, life and res.

Dagger: The best dagger is Royal Skean or Skean. Because its attack speed * critical chance = 1.45*6.6 = 9.57, which is better than Poignard ( 1.5 * 6.3 = 9.45). All of the other stats are multiplicative to dagger base attack speed and critical chance, so we can only compare these two stats. Pre 2.0, Poignard is the best, because its attack speed * critical chance was the best among st Vagan's daggers.

Shield: High armor shield with high life and potential high res. 2K armor is pretty good vs. trash mobs. I used Saffell's Frame before, but it was pretty risky to be one shot by trash giant mobs, esp. those heavy hitter. After switching to a high armor shield, the situation gets much better. For Atziri, Saffell's Frame should be better for final boss. However, I mainly running this build for maps.

Q&A

Q: What if I have trouble with bosses.
A: I'm using these two potions
, they are mostly for discharge. With two potions, most bosses are down, if not, then I have

Q: What is minimal requirement for this build.
A: 4L voll's protector + vagan's dagger are must. Use warlock's mark for life leech if no 5L.

Q: What is the leveling story.
A: I used flame blast lined to faster cast and added lightning, carried me to level 65, then got 4L voll's protector and
to start fakener. However, got a vagan's dagger very soon after.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by BlowBlood on Aug 11, 2015, 3:12:47 AM
Would you mind posting a screenshot of your stats? Are you playing this in tempest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info