Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.0 Warlords] Budget Oro's Flash Smasher

TL;DR

Oro's Sacrifice flicker striking, ice crashing, RT Scion aimed at building an early map pool in a new league.

Highlights

Fun - this build is my idea of fun, it contains mechanics and skills that I enjoy without compromising viability.
Self funded - some trading required, but not reliant on playing the market or gg drops.
Flexibility - able to run most map mods including bosses, capable of farming masters.
Beginner Friendly - not necessarily easy, but viable with 4-link and average gear.
Solo and Group Play - must be comfortable in both situations; re: flexibility.
Non-Multistrike Flicker - flicker without added epilepsy gem; re: fun.

FAQ

Why Scion?
The build is probably best as Templar, but I like pants. Witch start is possible, but requires a lot of regrets. Marauder has less access to jewels late game, but does get much more life. Scion gets better access to jewels late game.

Multistrike?
This build totally works with flicker strike as the main dps using multistrike. Apart from the usual downsides of multistrike flicker (epilepsy and random multi-strike into unusual combination of mods resulting in short trip to standard) it is also slightly less safe due to not freezing like a crit flicker strike. However, if that's your buzz then this build will work with it.

Hardcore?
I play softcore and that's where this build was born. Particularly with the Marauder start, I suspect this would be hardcore viable - 220%+ life is easily achievable with jewels.

High End Maps? Atziri?
No idea yet ;-)

Maps including bosses certainly seem fine at the moment, although it is certainly not optimal for atziri farming and would need some modification.

Group Play?
You will be able to keep up, be relatively safe, and do dps.
This build is not ideal for a group with a dedicated magic finder - you will need to be careful not to steal the cull.
If there is a lot of lightning damage in the group, you may want to switch wrath and herald of ice to keep your resist balanced but loose Malachai's EE effect.

Gems

Early Leveling

Any skill you choose until you can buy / beg / borrow / steal a flame totem.
Flame Totem (+1/+2 gems) - Faster Casting - Faster Projectile - Fire Penetration
Flame Dash - Faster Casting
Phase Run

Late Game, pre Oro's

Spread across gear depending on what drops

Flame Totem - Faster Casting - Faster Projectiles - Fire Penetration

Ball Lightning/Magma Orb - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble - Temporal Chains

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Enduring Cry

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Clarity

Arctic Armour

Herald of Thunder / Herald of Wrath / Anger

Phase Run

End Game

Weapon (optional 5-link)

Ice Crash - Faster Attacks - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech - (Fire Penetration)
Arctic Armour

Chest

Vengeance - Curse on Hit - Temporal Chains - Enfeeble
Life Gain On Hit - Vaal Cyclone

Gloves

Flicker Strike - Fortify - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Innervate

Helmet

Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Chaos Golem (+2 to minion gems)

Boots

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Enduring Cry
Wrath

Ring (!)

Herald Of Thunder

Passive Trees

Leveling

Current Gear

Bandits

Normal - Help Oak for +40 max life.
Cruel - Kill all for +1 passive skill.
Merciless - I helped Oak for +1 Endurance, but you could also take +1 frenzy if you want mad deeps.

Jewels

Scion has access to jewels early, but you won't. Normally doing the Sacred Ground side quest is not recommended, however the jewel reward in normal and merciless may be useful if you are struggling to find dex on gear.

Dexterity Jewels

Through Sacred Ground quest in Act 2 Normal
Through Sacred Ground quest in Act 2 Merciless
Dropped for me, but you're probably better spending currency on dex on gear rather than this. Best socketed east templar exit node.

Other Jewel Options

There are a lot options for late game, this is what I am currently using. Prioritize life, the rest is up to personal preference.

Game Play Video

This is my first time posting on these forums or uploading videos to the youtubes, please no haterino.
These are the highest maps I have at the moment. The Arena was literally the first time I had played that map.
Flash Smasher Mountain Ledge

Flash Smasher Arena

Flicker + Multistrike Promenade

Where to from here?

The build has a theoretical DPS of around 40,000+ on ice crash, not counting EE debuff.
There is room for significant improvement through good jewels and upgrades to jewelry, gloves and chest. Corruptions for +1 Frenzy/Endurance Charge or Curse (Elemental Weakness) will improve ehp and dps.

Happy to answer questions, or update my post with more details if there is interest.
Giving this build a try in Tempest, first one since the xpac.
Last edited by Arthikas on Jul 19, 2015, 2:35:25 PM
Thank you for the specc
you made some changes could you update your tree and gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info