[2.0] Gloob´s Oro´s Sacrifice CoMK Cycloner with Firestorm [18k CoMK cyclone / 44k MS all 4L]

Hey my exile friend(s)!

some people already asked about a Oro´s Sacrifice build, so I though of posting mine in here.

I Play PoE for some time now, but not on Standard league but always on timed leagues. I like it to start all over and try out various concepts on my own.
After invite to beta I tried two Oro´s build I will describe below, but ended up with my new one here, which I think is the best of those at the moment.

still all 4L - failed socketing/linking so far!

Information/Idea
Oro´s Sacrifice lets you build up frenzy charges very quick, leading to an awesome dps increase as well as more movement Speed.
To top dps - no, not tooltip, but real killspeed - I decided to try out CoMK with a firespell to double dip the dmg increase from items and passives.

I gather 8 frenzy charges quite quick and boost my damage up very fast as well as survivability in cases of dodge.
Together with 4 endurance charges I can even increase my phys. damage reduction by a fair amount.

8 frenzy charges
4 endurance charges
10% onslaught chance per kill or if hit for 4sec - if no immortal call set-up used
62% chance to dodge attacks- if charges up
30% spell dodge
currently 27% phys. resistance - if charges up
currently 41% EVA - if charges up

Of course you can run pure Cyclone as well, with inc. AoE and fire pen or conc. effect, but mob pack clearspeed is slower at the moment - mobs tend to run/stay in a firestorm, so you pass them with cyclone and let firestorm rain behind

Only played maps up to 74 and just started gearing up properly

Pro & Contra
Pro:
- very fast clear speed
- extremely potent single target with moltenstrike
- extremely high mobility
- high sustain, very hard to kill in most situations -> see defense & immortal call
- doesn't care about reflect or slower life/mana regen
- easy and cheap wit start with

Contra:
- weak vs phys. spells -> EK!
- can cause lags, although grp members told me they are fine
- not MF group friendly -> you cull

minimum items required:

items recommended:

failed socketing, but boosts overall survivability by a fair amount and dps if hit, which rarely happens!

chest:
Bronn´s Lithe Armor for increased damage - perfect item for that build
Hyrri´s Ire - more survivability

Helmet:
Devoto´s Devotion - more dps

Jewel:
Fireborn - add that into the jewel Slot south of duelist and get those "inc. phys. dmg with 2handed weapons" nearby for another 100+% inc. fire dmg with your cyclone.

Depending how I perform at higher lvl maps, I can hopefully get corrupted juwelery/armor with +max to frenzy or endurance charges!

items linked:

here is my build:

here is my gear:
after switch to Oro´s @67

after some lvl70 maps and Switch to Daresso´s Defiance

jewels currently used:
4 pieces

I use darkray vector to get to 40+16%=56% attack dodge and the 8th Charge. together with surgebinders I buff my overall dps by a fair amount (about double).

screenshots: for gear posted above with 8 frenzy charges, no onslaught

flameblast tooltip - needs an update, it´s now at 1.1k
Spoiler

molten strike 4L (MS - WED - Multistrike - faster attacks point blank passive -> not added in tooltip)
Spoiler

cyclone 4L (Cylone - WED - CoMK - Firestorm)
Spoiler

defense 8 frenzy & 4 endurance charges - Needs an update, now 3.5k hp
Spoiler

video: starting with oldest, ending with latest
shortly before starting maps
fast aqueduct lvl67: http://plays.tv/video/55a676495f444be256
kill Kaom merciless: http://plays.tv/video/55a68435d487430f23
1min grotto shortcut: http://plays.tv/video/55a6b2ca6f9f152240

after change to Daresso´s Defiance:
outtake 1 lvl70 Spider lair http://plays.tv/video/55a824cdea671f81f3
outtake 2 lvl70 spider lair: http://plays.tv/video/55a81b37273a3f8433

skills & links:

skills I use for quickest AoE clear ever:
4L: cyclone - WED - CoMK - firestorm
5L: cyclone - WED - CoMK - firestorm - fire Penetration
6L: cyclone - WED - CoMK - firestorm - fire Penetration - conc. effect or LGoH

skills I use for single target if needed:
4L: molten strike - WED - multistrike - point blank
5L: molten strike - WED - multistrike - point blank - fire pen
6L: molten strike - WED - multistrike - point blank - fire pen - added cold/lightning or LGoH or item rarity, whatever fits

skilled Point Blank with 2 passive points.

defensive set-up:
3L: CWDT - immortal call - inc. Duration
instead of endurance charges used for onslaught buff for 4sec, those charges are used for an immortal call before, which lasts around 3sec. with passive nodes which i will take next (lvl85-87) around 4-5sec.

Leveling:
Level with a ele bow and lightning arrow, but anything else fits.
get "ballistic mastery" at ranger, "fury bolts" at duelist and Point blank node and you should lvl to 67 easily. At 60 start speccing the frenzy nodes and if you hit 67, get rid of those projectile nodes and invest them at the shadow area.

that weapon got me through most levels and did around 3k dps lightning arrow (+GMP,WED,added cold)

36 points used:

67 points used:

later skill the frenzy charges and make you way around at duelist with those 2 dex nodes and be ready to respec and invest at shadow.

final build:

Last edited by gloobonious on Jul 20, 2015, 2:25:34 AM
important Information:

Why Cast on Melee Kill?
Because damage double boost both, fire dps from cyclone and fire dmg from spells.

Why Cyclone?
It is not targeted and you dont Need any relevant support gems to make it work. I tried out frost blades, wild strike, lightning strike.. you always need a LMP/GMP and something else like maybe chain/pierce, that alone take away too many support gems to top out dps and make it a usefull set-up.
You can use pure Cyclone with a proper support gem set-up, but you will lack AoE and clear-speed, tooltip dps doesnt matter if you´re slower killing - you can compensate that with an inc. AoE support gem though as you 6th link after getting fire pen. in, but i rather prefer LGoH.

Why Firestorm?
Firestorm doesnt "need" increased AoE. You reduce clearspeed with AoE.
Firestorm last 2.0sec and cast one fireball every 0.1sec - if the area of effect increases, the area where that fireball falls down from sky increases, leading you to maybe have less fireball rain on one mob but next to him.
Firestorm needs to be increased by conc effect, fire pen and inc. duration (will get that later with passive tree near scion)

Single Target skill - Molten Strike?
Best you can have. Projectiles from Molten Strike get another "more" Multiplier with a Point Blank support gem - if I free up two Points from my passive I suggest skilling it and free up a gem slot.

How do you get enough mana and mana-reg?
passives and clarity. and since 2.0 I always pick up alira in normal.

Bandit rewards?
Alira - Kraityn - Kraityn

What else do I need for the build exept linked and mentioned stuff?
A lootfilter with sound added to important drops or you may pass them because of clearspeed.

Jewels?
Gladly they are very cheap, because most people think they failed at rolling proper prefix.
- will link one later, sorry they are in the tree -
+fire dmg / +area dmg / +melee dmg / +attack Speed / and so on .. the Combo +fire dmg with melee dmg or something like that, sells cheap atm
I can only assume that people think about a caster and a melee prefix isnt good on a jewel.

What other Oro-builds did you try out?
played a scion and a templar and got to those inc. AoE nodes there, as well as those at witch area, but this is NOT needed for flameblast! you loose dps as well as the awesome Bonus of oro´s to get as many frenzy charges as possible.
so I scraped that concept (easy with beta reset) and started all over again, but on the other side of the tree.

Group Play or HC possible?
Not with a bad Connection or PC. No Grp Play with a magicfinder -> Oro´s cull

Gearing History and Information of Progress:
Spoiler
15th june:
got a new belt and a chest. Links not set yet, I spare my currency as I am very poor atm. Leveling is a breeze, but died 2 times because of puncture while cycloning. After I got used to it, I am ready for that with a flask.

Last edited by gloobonious on Jul 16, 2015, 9:39:21 AM
I have to admit, from all the oro-cyclon-comk attempts I've seen your's one is most unusual.
I'm curious what your's mana regen value and mana cost of cyclone and ms? Also how fast attack speed of cyclone is with so much inc. asp.?

On a side note, you mentioned fireborn and related passives but your 'final build' link doesn't feature them.

In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
"
Lorginir wrote:
I have to admit, from all the oro-cyclon-comk attempts I've seen your's one is most unusual.
I'm curious what your's mana regen value and mana cost of cyclone and ms? Also how fast attack speed of cyclone is with so much inc. asp.?

On a side note, you mentioned fireborn and related passives but your 'final build' link doesn't feature them.

screenshots added, enlarge to see items I wear (nothing special)

i play warband league atm and saw two fireborn selling in standard, one for 45ex the other for 50ex. I decided better not to plan for it, but the slot is ready.

added gem links i use atm.

Spoiler

edited thread with latest gear upgrade and passive tree.
Last edited by gloobonious on Jul 16, 2015, 4:44:21 AM
updated. hopefully i find time for one more map video soon.
(had lower res. because I had fear of lags, but 720p should be enough)
lvl70 spider lair outtakes recorded yesterday.
thread links updated.
Congrats on the build, need a few levels to pass to Oro, what about pyre ring?

Rarity: Unique
Pyre
Sapphire Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 11
--------
Item Level: 68
--------
+27% to Cold Resistance
--------
+28% to Fire Resistance
26% increased Burning Damage
100% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage
10% increased Light Radius
Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill
--------
Let winter come. It will only make my fire burn brighter.

2 ress not bad , increse burning dmg, and the last flavour "Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill" = explotion? or this cancel the helards proc?

Ty and have good loot mate
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
"
PabloCappone wrote:
Congrats on the build, need a few levels to pass to Oro, what about pyre ring?

Rarity: Unique
Pyre
Sapphire Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 11
--------
Item Level: 68
--------
+27% to Cold Resistance
--------
+28% to Fire Resistance
26% increased Burning Damage
100% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage
10% increased Light Radius
Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill
--------
Let winter come. It will only make my fire burn brighter.

2 ress not bad , increse burning dmg, and the last flavour "Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill" = explotion? or this cancel the helards proc?

Ty and have good loot mate

i dont use pyre ring, because i have no sources of enough cold dmg to justify the conversion. also I cull and dead corpses dont hurt me, as long as there is no mass corpse exlposion.

on the rings i personally prefer:
+weapon ele dmg
+life
+resist
If I maybe got better gear in future, I will switch helmet to aplha´s or devoto´s devotion.

thanks a lot!
have fun mate!
updated.
will add new Videos soon.

molten strike dps now 44k, around 60k with friend in grp
cyclone at 22k dps in grp

Awesome build funny to play, have to take care from accurate ,puncture, and big guys with powerful crits for one shoot. But still strong and very good single target dmg.

Nice build , relative cheap, if you think you can enter maps with this.

Now try to 5 - 6 link the chest.. and try LGoH or ConcEffect

Question for "3L: CWDT - immortal call - inc. Duration" gems lvls?

Ty mate and have good loot
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Last edited by PabloCappone on Jul 20, 2015, 8:24:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info